God won't violate man's will?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Yes there are many that ignore scriptures in order to hold their belief in eternal salvation by works.
There’s no reason to ignore this lol

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

serial killer would gladly embrace tbat one liner if we make sure no one ever reads any more than that lol but there’s a lot of reasons for some to ignore this if they choose to

“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.”
‭‭Titus‬ ‭2:11-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

i don’t ignore any scripture I just don’t try to make one’s I select all that is there to make people blind to the rest of the chapter or paragraph or point bieng made

Foghorn

May 6, 2024
christcentered.community.forum
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

define synergists please
Monergism states that the regeneration of an individual is the work of God through the Holy Spirit alone, as opposed to synergism, which, in its simplest form, argues that the human will cooperates with God's grace in order to be regenerated.

Thought it would be better to give you a definition for both synergism and monergism.

Foghorn

May 6, 2024
christcentered.community.forum
EVERYBODY'S "Confused", until such time as they're DRAWN to Christ (Conviction of SIN in my case). The only thing I knew was that I had to repent, and cry out to god for salvation. And then everything changed. BEFORE we're born again, spiritual things are invisible.

And even AFTER they've been born again, they know little or nothing, until a while AFTER they've accepted HIS YOKE, and started to learn of him.
Thanks for explaining from your perspective. Some parts seem simular to how scripture teaches it. :)

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Oh okay. So they ask God to do what God does not do, according to them. Got ya. ;)
By asking him to save them aren’t they expressing thierWill to be saved by him ? Maybe they just thought they were synergistic and didn’t want to be saved when they asked

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Monergism states that the regeneration of an individual is the work of God through the Holy Spirit alone, as opposed to synergism, which, in its simplest form, argues that the human will cooperates with God's grace in order to be regenerated.

Thought it would be better to give you a definition for both synergism and monergism.
“the human will cooperates with God's grace in order to be regenerated. “

So what is Paul teaching here ?

if so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

and be renewed in the spirit of your mind; ( believing the gospel does this )

and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: neither give place to the devil.

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:21-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

isn’t Paul teaching them to cooperate with Gods grace in order to be regenerated ? Or here

“Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.( he’s trying to change our Will and actions but we don’t cooperate )

Do all things without murmurings and disputings: that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:12-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Would you say Paul is teaching the church to cooperate with God ?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If we have discussed this before, then you know of the scriptures I have presented to you that does not allow a person to that has not been born again to receive the things of the Spirit, that would include all things of a Spiritual nature.

If you can give me a scripture that says the natural person is spiritually seeking the things of the Spirit, I will consider if it will harmonize with the rest of the scriptures.
According to what you say then, Forest, nobody is under the influence of satan because satan is a spiritual creature. I am reminded also of the people that Paul preached to at Mars Hill who were worshipping false idols and an unknown God. Do you think they were already all born again? Can you provide a Scripture for me that prove that strawberries or coffee exist? Forest, you agreed with me before on this. Why renege now???

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Oh okay. So they ask God to do what God does not do, according to them. Got ya. ;)
Oh no no no.
They ask God to do what you think they shouldn't do but they do it anyway because they have free-will. :)

Also, what does 'Synergist' mean anyway?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

Why we gotta have the $5.00 terms that complicate the conversation?

Pencil me in on team Monger.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
[QUOTE="Foghorn, post: 5299409, member: 330745"]Monergism states that the regeneration of an individual is the work of God through the Holy Spirit alone, as opposed to synergism, which, in its simplest form, argues that the human will cooperates with God's grace in order to be regenerated.[/QUOTE]"Cooperates with God's grace" is not even in the Bible.

But "obeys the Gospel" certainly is: But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: (rom 16:26)... But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? (Rom 10:16)

And what is obedience to the Gospel? Paul tells us what it is: Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 20:21)... Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38)... And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:31) [Note: it is not baptism for the remission of sins, but repentance as Peter explains in Act 3:19].

It is only when a person receives the gift of the Holy Ghost, that the Holy Spirit supernaturally regenerates that person. Of course it is the work of God, but without obedience to the Gospel, there is neither salvation nor regeneration. As you can see this nonsense about cooperating with God's grace is an invention of men. None of the Scriptures above talk about it. So why don't you forget about all this nonsense and stick with what is actually in the Bible?