Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 4, 2013
Sep 4, 2013
“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”

Hebrews 10:25 (KJV)

Congregational worship was a strong part of the Early Church. Yes, most of these services took place in the home of one of the Congregation. However, that was because Christians were being persecuted at that time, and because there were few members wealthy enough for a specific Worship Center to be built and maintained.

Nothing wrong with home worship services, do not misunderstand, but Congregational worship in a specific building is far more practical today. Many congregations have members that travel some distance to worship at a specific church, and many congregations are too large to hold services in a home environment.

I enjoy Congregational Services in a church building. I wish I had a church close to me that was Church of God Reformation Movement that I could once again enjoy the fellowship of the Christian family.

May 5, 2024
In Daniel 2, Daniel interprets a dream that Nebuchadnezzar had in which he saw a large man, his head was made of gold, which Daniel interpreted to be the Babylonian empire (626-539 BC), and a chest of silver, which is the Persian empire (539-331 BC), and a stomach of bronze, which is the Greek empire (331-151BC) and legs of iron, which is the Roman empire (151 BC-approx 400 AD), and finally the feet and toes of mixed iron and clay, which are different kings at different times after the fall of Rome (400 to ???).

In the days of the mixed iron and clay feature (after 400AD) a kingdom would be started, which we know would come from the Lord, because it is mentioned that it would be like a stone cut out of a mountain without hands. Human hands would not start it, but the Lord himself. This kingdom will smash to pieces the figure in Nebuchadnezzer's dream and role forth to fill the whole earth.

Tell me, a kingdom was started after 400AD that is going about to fill the whole earth with the glory of God. What kingdom do you know of that fits this description, that started after 400AD? What empire even claims itself as this kingdom? Hint: not Muslim.

May 13, 2024
Since most threads seem to have trouble staying on topic I thought I would simply start one that has no topic and just see where it goes. So, in that vein, Speak Your Mind.
RANDOM PLACE TO PUT THIS, but since I'm new here, I'll give it a go;

For all the ladies, consider the following, if you will; In many different ways there's a term, 'helpmate' and please, this isn't to start anything negative, please :) I just thought it would be cool to visit that term from a HEBREW WORD perspective. 'Azer (ezer), is used 21 times in the Hebrew bible. 2 of those 21 times it is used to describe 'Eve' and in many translations it becomes 'helpmate' but have you ever considered the other 19 uses of that same Hebrew word? Let's do that, because 18 of those 19 times, it's used to describe none other than YHVH, as in HE is our helper, our rescuer. The final time, well I'll leave that to curious minds who want to look that up.

BUT THE POINT - consider how special Eve was created, women were created. They are given a title only shared by YHVH, 'Azer (Ezer) and in Hebrew it doesn't have the same connotation as many views of the english 'help mate' have today. And consider this, God is the giver of life, and shares this with Eve, women, even Eve when you read this in Hebrew knows she is like God in the ability to bring forth man and in certain Hebrew thought, every birth is a continuation of creation, because they know the word play in Hebrew.

So then, Eve, was given special things in the part of all this wonderfulness, something to consider in relation to how God really set things up to be like.

Mar 4, 2024
“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”

Hebrews 10:25 (KJV)

Congregational worship was a strong part of the Early Church. Yes, most of these services took place in the home of one of the Congregation. However, that was because Christians were being persecuted at that time, and because there were few members wealthy enough for a specific Worship Center to be built and maintained.

Nothing wrong with home worship services, do not misunderstand, but Congregational worship in a specific building is far more practical today. Many congregations have members that travel some distance to worship at a specific church, and many congregations are too large to hold services in a home environment.

I enjoy Congregational Services in a church building. I wish I had a church close to me that was Church of God Reformation Movement that I could once again enjoy the fellowship of the Christian family.
Very good 👍

Mar 4, 2024
I had two topics get clipped lol. One was about coming to Jesus as a little child, another about only worrying about what was revealed and not chasing rabbit trails. Yes, they were a little judgemental but I thought I could slide them by. 😎

May 5, 2024
Does nobody have the answer to post #96526? A kingdom is going to be set up by Jesus between 400ad and now, and there is no interest? That's interesting.

Sep 4, 2013
Durn. I was expecting some of the ladies to give me a hard time over my "Mothers Day" pos about me buying a Bible for my Mother. ...sigh...

Then I was going to tell them the rest of the story. Oh well........ I'll tell it anyhoo

The Bible was a newfangled NIV that she had been wanting. Real fancy Edition with large fonts, lots of references, footnotes, and even colored pictures and maps.

Also, I bought her some flowers and her favorite chocolates.........

Durn wemmens. Just when you think you can get a rise out of 'em, they go silent.