The 'ELECT' vs 'Free-Choice'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Okay, two of your topics - this one, and Biblical Mary. So, what is your stance on salvation? Maybe I’m off and you’re a spirit filled believer.
1, The Mary thread is not my thread. I did not start it and you jumped to conclusions

2. I did start this thread to discuss what some seem to believe regarding salvation. I do not believe there are 2 classes of believer and I do not support that belief.

I can't help what other people say or believe. However, I would expect a person might read the op if they want to participate in a thread and that goes for any thread started by anyone.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Well, now I’m having to go back and re-read. It looks like the Biblical Mary was a resurrected thread. So, I misread that one. This one is still taking some time to understand where you’re coming from. So, I was a little presumptuous. I’ll try and read up on this one. Thus elect non-elect predestined stuff is so weird. To me it’s garbage but some of these threads go on forever debating this stuff.
Again, you want to know where I am coming from? READ the op regarding the topic which does not cover who I am, what I think or believe or anything other than the actual topic. This is a 53 page thread and at least half of it is nonsense posted by someone who is now banned.

And again, I do not agree with the some are elect and some have free choice. That is nonsense.

Thank you

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Again, you want to know where I am coming from? READ the op regarding the topic which does not cover who I am, what I think or believe or anything other than the actual topic. This is a 53 page thread and at least half of it is nonsense posted by someone who is now banned.

And again, I do not agree with the some are elect and some have free choice. That is nonsense.

Thank you
Or garbage, as Burn1986 said in post #1060. :)

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
Salvation key understanding....

Was Jesus omniscient when he came to earth?

Yes?

No?

Did he make himself to be as a man, as one of us... but without sin?

Yes?

No?

There is a key to understanding how he was able to do that...

He is now God. Just keep that in mind.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Okay, it’s not garbage. It’s just people come on here looking for some sort of direction or fellowship, and all they see are these goofy arguments about stuff that simply doesn’t matter.
is that why you are here?

I would like to remind you of what you said here:

Thus elect non-elect predestined stuff is so weird. To me it’s garbage but some of these threads go on forever debating this stuff.
you called it garbage yourself :rolleyes:

this particular forum is called the Bible Discussion Forum so that is what goes on in here. what you might think does not matter, might be major issues for others, so, perhaps try another place in the forum

perhaps you might do better in the chat or miscellaneous

Mar 4, 2024

this particular forum is called the Bible Discussion Forum so that is what goes on in here. what you might think does not matter, might be major issues for others, so, perhaps try another place in the forum

Yeah so? Are trying to “get me”? Seriously? You almost sounded mature(ish), and then you try and do some kind of weird “Yeah but you said…Look, here’s your words. Got you man!” Dude, how old are you? Are you on your mom and dad’s computer?

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Yeah so? Are trying to “get me”? Seriously? You almost sounded mature(ish), and then you try and do some kind of weird “Yeah but you said…Look, here’s your words. Got you man!” Dude, how old are you? Are you on your mom and dad’s computer?
Oh dear. feel better? obnoxius as well as thick

just gonna find that ignore button....and there ya go.

somehow I knew we were heading that way. :rolleyes:

Mar 4, 2024

Did you not read where I said “Okay, it’s not garbage.” I even acknowledged that I was presumptuous and did not read all of your posts. Then you kind of attacked me. Did you read these out of order?

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
Stop it...
He did get you!

Its you who are now acting like a kid when you react with stuff like that.

Besides.... Nothing wrong with being a kid.
Unless its passed the time to stop thinking like one.

1 Corinthians 13:11

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child;
but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Maybe, you just need more time.

Keep in mind...

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1​

grace and peace ...............

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Stop it...
He did get you!

Its you who are now acting like a kid when you react with stuff like that.

Besides.... Nothing wrong with being a kid.
Unless its passed the time to stop thinking like one.

1 Corinthians 13:11​
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child;
but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Maybe, you just need more time.

Keep in mind...
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1​

grace and peace ...............
pander much?

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Did you not read where I said “Okay, it’s not garbage.” I even acknowledged that I was presumptuous and did not read all of your posts. Then you kind of attacked me. Did you read these out of order?
listen dude

no one attacked you

if you really are that unaware of what you say and then go postal when someone innocently points it out, then this may be a place that somehow 'triggers' you

no one can help that but you :giggle:

I know I do not wish to converse with you. so there's that too