The hatred of Jews

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Do you ever consult, listen to other influencers?
Sam Harris is hardly the most reputable guy in town. Now Chomsky a professor of linguistics can speak with expertise on many topics because he is actually brilliant and because he knows his stuff and backs it up with facts.

Sam Harris.
1. Since getting his PhD, he has conducted no scientific research.
2. Since getting his PhD, he has taught no university/college courses in neuroscience.
3. Since getting his PhD, he has devoted his efforts to his anti-religious think tank and publishing books, such as the one on using drugs and meditation to discover truths about our reality.
4. He received his PhD through partial funding from his own atheist organization.
5. He didn’t do any of the experiments for his own thesis work.
6. His PhD thesis was about how science can determine what is right and wrong and he turned it into a book for sale.
7. Since publishing his thesis/book, Harris has yet to use science to resolve a single moral dispute.

Sam Harris authored three articles as a PhD student ( I am not finding evidence of more than that) and yet he was granted his doctorate, something wrong there.

https://shadowtolight.wordpress.com/2015/01/07/neuroscientist-sam-harris/
Noam Chomsky is just another peddler of woke propaganda because he refuses to admit that Islamic terrorism is religiously motivated
Also this doesn't address any of the things I mentioned

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
Noam Chomsky is just another peddler of woke propaganda because he refuses to admit that Islamic terrorism is religiously motivated
Also this doesn't address any of the things I mentioned
Maybe because he understands and knows the history of the region, do you?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
The topic is anti-Semitism.
The podcast episode I shared was relevant to the topic we're discussing here. If you can't stay on topic go troll someone else because I'm not interested in your foolishness

Susanna

Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston
I can’t brag about any doctorate or anything else from the intellectual world, but I’ve been a soldier fighting in the Middle East, against Hezbollah and other religiously motivated groups, where at least Iran has had a finger in the pie.

People outside of that scenario are welcome to discuss the second hand facts they get from both sides of the aisle biased sources.

Try experiencing the battle field and then form a conclusion.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I can’t brag about any doctorate or anything else from the intellectual world, but I’ve been a soldier fighting in the Middle East, against Hezbollah and other religiously motivated groups, where at least Iran has had a finger in the pie.

People outside of that scenario are welcome to discuss the second hand facts they get from both sides of the aisle biased sources.

Yep, that is the way I feel about January 6th.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011

As long as there are countries still living in the 14th century with access to 21st century weapons, America is always going to have a presence in the middle east.
When they say they want to kill us for being infidels, we should take them at their word.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Thought this would be relevant here. Sounds latest episode is on anti-Semitism on college campuses
Some of the issues discussed are how Jewish students are being bullied and harassed on college campuses and no one seems to care, but if any other ethnicity of people were being harassed and bullied, the perpetrators would be expelled
These protests seem to be mostly performative . Meanwhile, China currently has 2 million Muslims in concentration camps and it's crickets from the left
Sam discusses how this selective outrage is motivated by white guilt.
Any criticism of the ideas of Islam or the problem of Islamic violence is seen as hatred of brown people
Meanwhile most of these college kids come from wealthy families and are probably the most privileged kids in America
Thanks for posting and summing up what he said. It's an interesting take. I've heard Sam Harris debate Jordan Petterson 3 times and a few interviews. As far as I can tell his mission is to lead everyone away from all religion and considers islam the most dangerous.

Obviously physical attacks should be prosecuted. And bullying and harassment pursued via the college rules. American college is the place for free speech and protest. I hope people remain concerned about both issues simultaneously -- respecting free speech/protest and condemning assault. Protesting against the policies of a foreign government and war are common staples. Protesting against the policies of the State of Israel is not antisemitism (palestinians are semitic people), nor does it (necessarily) mean they support Hamas. Personally, I've heard more jewish students say they are participating in the protests than students who've said they've been physically attacked.