The sower

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Your quotation from Isaiah 14:31 states the following.

"for there shall come from the north a smoke"

Palestine is destroyed from the north.

Israel is adjacent to Palestine, Gaza is on the western side of Israel.

The West Bank is on the eastern side of Israel.

Palestine isn't the only people who will be dissolved on that day.

Daniel 11
40 “At the time of the end the king of the South will engage him in battle, and the king of the North will storm out against him with chariots and cavalry and a great fleet of ships. He will invade many countries and sweep through them like a flood. 41 He will also invade the Beautiful Land. Many countries will fall, but Edom, Moab and the leaders of Ammon will be delivered from his hand. 42 He will extend his power over many countries; Egypt will not escape. 43 He will gain control of the treasures of gold and silver and all the riches of Egypt, with the Libyans and Cushites[e] in submission.

44 But reports from the east and the north will alarm him, and he will set out in a great rage to destroy and annihilate many.

The north will use their nukes in this war.Palestine is not only destroyed,it is dissolved.Melted.Consumed.So are all the other countries in the middle east.

Untill the king of Babylon is destroyed.He will continue to smite the palestinians with his rod.The they are all cast into a furnace.The only people who are saved are in Christ

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Your interpretation of the Palestine and Israel conflict may be incorrect.

Israel is the enemy of Christianity according to Paul.

Romans 9:7-8
Nor are they all children because they are Abraham’s descendants, but: “through Isaac your descendants shall be named.”
That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.

Romans 11:28
In relation to the gospel they are enemies on your account, but in relation to God’s choice
they are beloved on account of the fathers.

The only true descendants of Abraham were the children of the promise. The promise that was
delivered through Abraham's descendants, that is, Jesus Christ.

Many Christians are confused regarding the nation of Israel and Christianity.
There needs to be a distinction between Israel as a nation and the Jewish religion. God foretold that Israel would be scattered and then restored as a nation. This happened in 1948, as prophesied. Israel is the nation born in one day, for example. Israel is silent testimony to God's mighty power to fulfill His word no matter what the world tries to do to stop it.

The British and French divided up the Middle East after WW1. There never was a Palestinian people. Palestine was the name given to Israel by the Romans. They wanted to erase the name of Israel from history. Israel had been nothing but trouble for the Romans and Rome effectively destroyed Israel as a nation. Jews were scattered all over the world, again as prophesied. Arabs and some Jews remained in "Palestine" which was eventually taken over by the Ottoman empire. There never has been a Palestinian state. There never will be, because the Arabs refuse to accept the existence of Israel.

The British after WW2 sold Israel out to the Arabs. I'm English, so I am not biased against Britain. Britain was once the most powerful nation on earth, in spite of it's tiny size and relatively small population. Since the British made shady deals with Arabs, it has progressively become less influential, poorer and less powerful. God is not mocked. He still blesses those who bless Israel. America supported Israel from day one, and the result is the great power seen today. This power is eroding as American support for Israel wavers.

The world hates Israel because it is God's nation.
Romans 11: 11 & 12
I ask then, did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery?f Certainly not! However, because of their trespass, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel jealous. But if their trespass means riches for the world, and their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their fullness bring!

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
There needs to be a distinction between Israel as a nation and the Jewish religion. God foretold that Israel would be scattered and then restored as a nation. This happened in 1948, as prophesied. Israel is the nation born in one day, for example. Israel is silent testimony to God's mighty power to fulfill His word no matter what the world tries to do to stop it.

The British and French divided up the Middle East after WW1. There never was a Palestinian people. Palestine was the name given to Israel by the Romans. They wanted to erase the name of Israel from history. Israel had been nothing but trouble for the Romans and Rome effectively destroyed Israel as a nation. Jews were scattered all over the world, again as prophesied. Arabs and some Jews remained in "Palestine" which was eventually taken over by the Ottoman empire. There never has been a Palestinian state. There never will be, because the Arabs refuse to accept the existence of Israel.

The British after WW2 sold Israel out to the Arabs. I'm English, so I am not biased against Britain. Britain was once the most powerful nation on earth, in spite of it's tiny size and relatively small population. Since the British made shady deals with Arabs, it has progressively become less influential, poorer and less powerful. God is not mocked. He still blesses those who bless Israel. America supported Israel from day one, and the result is the great power seen today. This power is eroding as American support for Israel wavers.

I ask then, did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery?f Certainly not! However, because of their trespass, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel jealous. But if their trespass means riches for the world, and their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their fullness bring!

According to the word of God,Israel will be returned to the land of Israel after he brings them up out of their graves.

You claiming the resurrection of Israel has already been fulfilled?

Ezekiel 37
13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.

1-God will bring Israel up out of their graves
2-God will put his spirit in Israel
3-God will place Israel in its own land.

What year are you saying God brought Israel up out of their graves?

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018

PS

Israel is the Son of God.

Exodus 4:22
Then say to Pharaoh, ‘This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son,

I'll let you know when Israel returns to the land promised to Israel.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
According to the word of God,Israel will be returned to the land of Israel after he brings them up out of their graves.

You claiming the resurrection of Israel has already been fulfilled?

Ezekiel 37
13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.

1-God will bring Israel up out of their graves
2-God will put his spirit in Israel
3-God will place Israel in its own land.

What year are you saying God brought Israel up out of their graves?
There is a difference between the physical nation of Israel and the people. That's all I'm saying. Jews will be saved just the same way as any other person becomes born again. I've said my bit about Israel as a nation.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
There is a difference between the physical nation of Israel and the people. That's all I'm saying. Jews will be saved just the same way as any other person becomes born again. I've said my bit about Israel as a nation.
It's not the physical kingdom of Israel that was born in 1948.
That's the year the deadly wound of the beast was healed and many a Jew has followed the beast from all nations,peoples and tongues.

They are the waters where the prostitute sits.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
God's people or Gods nation are the people who are in Christ.If you are supporting the Israeli government ,you are not supporting God's people or his nation.

The kingdom of God will be established at the sound of the seventh trump .

Revelation 11
15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:
“The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.”

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
This is the rod of the king of Babylon who has been smiting the Palestinians with a continual stroke as Isaiah had written long ago.

Isaiah 14
6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.
7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.
8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

You want to know why those nations hate the king of Babylon so much?It's things like this that has been going on for 7 decades.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/02/midd...uided-munition-maghazi-deaths-intl/index.html

1714827013939.png

studier

Apr 18, 2024
God's word is described as being like a seed. Not much is said about the sower but much is said about the conditions required for the seed to sprout and bear fruit. I used to think that this was purely about evangelism. I was wrong. Evangelism is purely the beginning of the work of God's word in our lives.
Good observations. The parable seems to cover evangelism, abiding in faith to maturity and producing in our spiritual lives in Christ in Spirit. It's an overview of how the Word is sown in some, grows in some, and produces things that benefit us and others. It's a process we must remain/abide in.

I may touch on other aspects of the parable later. For now I would like to focus on "the cares of the world and deceitfulness of riches". Let me explain.

Reading the NT, we find no mention of politics, no discussion about the evils of Roman rule, no marching in the streets against child abuse or other ethical dilemmas of the time. Did you know that Greeks would leave unwanted babies out in public? I was told years ago, it was to let them die. However, I found out later that's not correct. Other families may well have taken the babes into their own homes. A kind of informal adoption program. Of course, that would not be acceptable today. However, nothing is said about it in the NT.
I want to be certain I'm reading your post correctly. a few comments if I may:
  • "cares of this world" is really speaking of anxieties, worries (cares, concerns in this sense). It's the same word used here: ESV 1 Peter 5:7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares (is anxious, concerned - shares the same root word as "anxieties) for you. (1 Pet. 5:7 ESV) and is covered in this command: ESV Philippians 4:6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. (Phil. 4:6 ESV)
  • My concern when I read what you've written is that too many of us turn this into not caring what's going on around us. So, we sit back and do and say nothing about the evils of the day. Then, the evils spread and they do and will not stop at having Christianity sit in buildings behind close doors. They will work to purge the Faith that is the light that exposes darkness (Eph5:11). We live in a time where this evil has gained a stronghold and is openly working to do just this. While some of the so-called "Church" degenerates in worldly evil and falls away, some also remains status-quo, and some is rethinking and redoing the status-quo of the previous generation(s).
  • Politics, governments, tyrannies, economics, etc., etc., are always in the background of what's stated in our Text. The entire NC is written on the background of being under Roman rule with the Jews awaiting Messiah to destroy Rome and free them. The entire Bible is dealing with who rules and will have His will done, and what does this look like?
  • God gifts His children to work in most all if not all areas of all of this order (kosmos - world) and age. The people who lived in the times of NC writings did not need all the current cultural practices written for them. They knew them as we know ours and there were varying opinions of them then as there are now about ours.
I'm interested in what else you may see and have to say about this topic and especially the parable, how you read it, and what you take from it.

Thanks for the post.