Do you know why about 3000 souls were saved

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
Do you know why about 3000 souls were saved when Apostle Peter spoke on Pentecost?

May 1, 2024
Gone
Do you know why about 3000 souls were saved when Apostle Peter spoke on Pentecost?
Interesting you should ask, I was reading Thomas Goodwin (“Christ Set Forth” 1642) a couple days ago who was completely convinced that they were saved because upon the cross Christ prayed for them. Made sense to me. What’s your take brother?

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
The reason is the Lord is a good book keeper. Just as about 3000 souls were killed for making the golden idol, about 3000 souls were saved on the day of Pentecost.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Law Kills but the Spirit gives Life
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:63‬ ‭

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
It does go on to specify Peter stood up and began preaching the message of Christ who they killed and who rose again

“But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judæa, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:14‬ ‭

I find it interesting it’s Peter again when the gentiles have the spirit poured upon them at thier “ pentocost “

While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.

Then answered Peter, Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:44-48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; and put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭15:7-9‬ ‭

Seems Peter was beginning to carry out the great commission

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life. Job 33:4

When the Lord made Adam from the earth it had no life. Wasn't till the Lord breathed a living Spirit into Adam did he live. Same is true when our parents come together to bring forth a child. The child comes forth from the earth but has no life till the Lord gives it a living soul.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Peter was also the first Apostle to carry the Gospel to the gentiles, but he got caught up in trying to please the jews and that is when Paul had to call him to account. :)

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
4 Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are competent of ourselves to claim anything as coming from us; our competence is from God, 6 who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not in a written code but in the Spirit; for the written code kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2 Cor. 3