IS IT OBLIGATORY FOR CHRISTIANS TO BE GOING TO CHURCH?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OLDMANBORNAGAIN

Actually a good question. Paul says to “not forsake the assembling of yourselves together…” But the fact is that it’s tough to find a church you feel comfortable in, or that is accepting. The best we can do is ask God to open up the right church, and then try some out.
@Burn1986 : Thanks so much for your excellent answer and advice! Will do!

kookydaisy

Mar 4, 2024
I'm just wondering if you think that it is obligatory for Christians to be going to a church, and if so, why? I'm not currently attending a church.
It says in Scripture that Christians should fellowship with other Christians and I agree with that. But I am not comfortable with fellowship sometimes and I don't attend church either. But I do watch Christian programming so I can hear Scripture and apply it to my life. If I don't do something spiritual in my life, then I forget sometimes lessons I've learned and experiences I've had. What I will end with is that not going to church won't cause me to go to hell.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Are we in the last heartbeats of this age? It is written that those with understanding will be scattered. Has this already occurred, and is it on the increase? I have always believe that there are believers among all the denominations.
I know that our Father will call his children out of the Great Harlot before all is said and done, which gives a lot to meditate upon.. If our Fathere is calling all of His children out of her, it stands to reason He is calling them out of all of her daughters for she is the mother of harlots.
The moment is at hand, let us pray to be in His care and guidance alwaqys. In the love of Jesus Yeshua, amen.