The Law Is Out Of Date And Will "SOON DISAPPEAR"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The is a false but powerful comfort in pretending to adhere to the Law. It provides both self-righteousness and self-deception in one package.
Amen it’s a veil over one’s eyes tbat hides Christ the law of Moses is what blinded the people because they worshipped the calf at Sinai

“Seeing then that we have such hope, we ( nt apostles ) use great plainness of speech: and not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: but their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭3:12-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“I lifted up mine hand unto them also in the wilderness, that I would scatter them among the heathen, and disperse them through the countries; because they had not executed my judgments, but had despised my statutes, and had polluted my sabbaths, and their eyes were after their fathers' idols. Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live; and I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the LORD.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭20:23-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

moses is good to read for us in Christ because we understand the law was a shadow so we can see the prophetic word that promises Christ in the law and also understand tbat is not our covenant or law .

“But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; ( they foretold his coming with the gospel ) even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

to declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:21-28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Are you serious? Why would you ever say something like that? What is wrong with you people?
2 Kings 5:1 - 15
1 Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him the Lord had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.
2 And the Syrians had gone out by companies, and had brought away captive out of the land of Israel a little maid; and she waited on Naaman's wife.
3 And she said unto her mistress, Would God my lord were with the prophet that is in Samaria! for he would recover him of his leprosy.
4 And one went in, and told his lord, saying, Thus and thus said the maid that is of the land of Israel.
5 And the king of Syria said, Go to, go, and I will send a letter unto the king of Israel. And he departed, and took with him ten talents of silver, and six thousand pieces of gold, and ten changes of raiment.
6 And he brought the letter to the king of Israel, saying, Now when this letter is come unto thee, behold, I have therewith sent Naaman my servant to thee, that thou mayest recover him of his leprosy.
7 And it came to pass, when the king of Israel had read the letter, that he rent his clothes, and said, Am I God, to kill and to make alive, that this man doth send unto me to recover a man of his leprosy? wherefore consider, I pray you, and see how he seeketh a quarrel against me.
8 And it was so, when Elisha the man of God had heard that the king of Israel had rent his clothes, that he sent to the king, saying, Wherefore hast thou rent thy clothes? let him come now to me, and he shall know that there is a prophet in Israel.
9 So Naaman came with his horses and with his chariot, and stood at the door of the house of Elisha.
10 And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean.
11 But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the Lord his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.
12 Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? may I not wash in them, and be clean? So he turned and went away in a rage.
13 And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?
14 Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.
15 And he returned to the man of God, he and all his company, and came, and stood before him: and he said, Behold, now I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel: now therefore, I pray thee, take a blessing of thy servant.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The law also defines sin but you can add the deeds of the flesh.

Mark 7:20-23
And He was saying, “That which comes out of the person, that is what defiles the person. For from within, out of the hearts of people, come the evil thoughts, acts of sexual immorality, thefts, murders, acts of adultery, deeds of greed, wickedness, deceit, indecent behavior, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. All these evil things come from within and defile the person.”

You can also add the love of money, unforgiveness, selfishness, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, etc.

"out of the hearts of people, come the evil thoughts"

All the behavior, deeds, evil thoughts, your conversation, you commit in life stem from the heart.

There is not a defined list of what constitutes sin.

The law is a small portion of what defines sin.

You have been poorly taught.
Jesus is speaking to the heart issues that cause us to sin . For instance he says “ you hewrd in the law Thou shalt not commit adultery “

a then he says BUT I tell you if anyone looks upon a woman with list in his heart he’s already committed adultery of his heart and would then need to repent before he commits the action because now he’s following the inner spiritual things and convictions Jesus identifies the corrupt thought and heart issue that causes us to sin , because that’s where we can overcome sin and stop serving it if we confront the inner things Jesus spoke of

am I greedy and does money matter more than other people to me ?

Do I entertain and abide with lustful thoughts all the time and look at every woman wrong ?

The light causes us to see things we didn’t in our hearts so we can repent am I too proud ? Do I look down on others ?

what domi do when I see a person in need ? Am I like a Pharisee and priest walking by like i don’t see them ? Or like the Good Samaritan who went out of his way to help the man in trouble ?

instwqd of a list of rules it’s inner thoughts th at we reflect on and consider and it turns into repentance later because he begins bringing not our sins to light but the knee things that cause us to want to sin and act in it

This is a real effect of abiding in hearing and learning from Jesus in the gospel

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬