"Where Do You See Yourself..."

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sselena

May 5, 2024
Howdy Ss, and welcome to the forum.

I've thought about trying to find a lady to fit my dreams... But I might change my dreams to fit the lady. Depends on the lady, and apparently I haven't met her yet, so that's all "can't plan that yet" territory for now.
Thank you. I say that because the more I learn and study the bible... It's all about being sold out for Christ. Eternity is a far longer journey than this one. Its about winning soul, regaining territory given to the enemy, taking it back. The peripheral stuff is great, but of less consequence. My ex and I had different visions of the future. Granted I am the one that changed. Those differences ultimately forced us apart, as he said that I loved God more than him. It was a true statement and forever will be. I have to believe that our Lord is more faithful, and bring someone along side that can share in the vision.

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
For that price you would think it would be made out of ginger bread.
That probably depends on whether you buy it premade, or hire a baker to make it custom. Either way, I shudder at the thought of it washing away in the rain after finally making the purchase and setting it up.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
That probably depends on whether you buy it premade, or hire a baker to make it custom. Either way, I shudder at the thought of it washing away in the rain after finally making the purchase and setting it up.
Have you tried to eat one of the pre-fabricated ones in stores? Those things can withstand cat 5 winds for sure.

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
Have you tried to eat one of the pre-fabricated ones in stores? Those things can withstand cat 5 winds for sure.
Lol true. I haven't had one of those since I was in school. I just remember them being as hard as rocks while trying to bite them, then dissolving into sand once they meet the moisture in the mouth. I think I liked the flavor though. So that's a positive I guess.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ooooh, no... Bad idea. BAD idea! My dog wouldn't eat that junk.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I suppose that I will be living a very simple life, hopefully not fretting about bills and stuff. A little nature, some healthy living, some time with friends and family, maybe a little travel.
I am very much a quiet homebody. I work from my home, even. I think my life will be very similar to what it is now, just won’t be working. However, I may continue to work as it is good for my mind.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
"...In (retirement) years?"

A lot of us here (not all) are single, and a good chunk of us are not kids any more. I'm only 46 but I've been thinking lately about what I want my life to be when I retire. Such thoughts got me curious about the rest of you.

For those already retired:
- What did you plan your retirement lifestyle to be like?
- Did it turn out that way or did you wind up in a different situation?
- If your plans worked out and you got the retirement you planned, was it all you hoped it would be? Would you go back and change anything if you could?
- If your plans did not work out, did you wind up in a better situation or not as good as you planned?

For those not yet retired:
- What do you plan to do with yourself after you retire?
- What housing situation do you plan to have for yourself?
- Any other details you want to add.
i'm retiring soon. was supposed to once already but the guy backed out in buying my business. but this year, 1 way or another, i'm definitely retiring, looks like about October. what i'm going to do when retired: almost everything i'm doing now, which is, reading, Bible study, antique dealing, drumming, playing in bands, coin dealing, going to garage & estate sales, gourmet dining, golfing, playing chess, biking, swimming, vacationing, sightseeing out in the country viewing the farms, attend historical events in summer, concert going, watching pro baseball, boxing & football, exercising, Caribbean cruising, & something new which will be meeting with friends & having chats. we will have the house we have now & a retirement home in Florida. unknown to any new ideas at this time.

icequeen

Nov 8, 2019
I want to be working from home, grow my own vegetables and have rabbits and chicken. And enough income not to worry. (Almost there, except for the animals). Retire? Hope not I come to that.