Why does God Allow suffering. I am a Christian and I read the Bible but sometimes I do not or understand the point. Especially constant suffering..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 13, 2024
Read Job,
He asked himself the same question.
Hello, new here, and may you find strength and hope in HIM, He never leaves us nor forsakes us; As far as reading Job, it's a great idea, might I be so forward as to suggest you read the wisdom literature all together, its the three books in this order, 'proverbs, ecclesiastes, job' - and spoiler alert on the book of Job, God never answers Job as to why; and once you go through all three of the wisdom books, ending with Job, hopefully you'll see the message and grow in your understanding :)

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Just another bashing catholics rather than saying something useful.
you are incorrect. not bashing at all, telling the truth in a peaceful way. the word bashing is so overused & dramatized. catholics are massively out of line with God, Jesus & the H.S. study & learn the whole hail mary prayer issue which is a complete waste of time. start woitjh these verses: Hebrews 1:1,2 12:24, 7:25, 8:15, 9:15, Colossians 1;19 & 3:17, 1st Corinthians 10:31, Ephesians 1;22,23 & especially, 1st Timothy 2:5.

Oct 24, 2012
What is the point of daily suffering?
Exactly to know this exactly, is only conjecture from me.
I saw a gal, in belief to God, was tortured, raped and misused a lot, by family and other people too. She was told to bear it and all would be alright. ?
Really?
This is what she saw. She saw the hills with God skipping across the mountains, along with Son, Jesus. She wanted to do that with them. Yet was here on earth, and could not go there. She was to stay here on earth with suffering and Shame as her guides.

Why, why, why, she continued to ask, and very confused. Decided to go through this with suffer with shame, here on earth. Along with suffering and shame always willing to teach her truths over her troubles, to see a different view, not the angered one. She began to learn from the bad things that had happened to her, were happening to her and might happen to her again. since there seemed to be no escape.

After a while, with acceptance to the troubles, she saw one day, she had been growing hinds feet from being willing to learn from everything that went on here on earth good or bad, mattered not anymore. To see from God's view, skipping across the mountains with Hinds feet. She began seeing and learning new as well, being willing to go through whatever she had to go through to be new and not of this earth, anger leaving from here, not having the anger anymore, now, having hinds feet, fully grown to now skip across the mountains too.
Now, when she sees trouble coming, having the experiences, she can flee instantly, having Hinds feet to do so, that have grown on her, to be able by Faith to do it too, the skipping across mountains as she saw God does.

Whoever continues in the Faith of God given them, grow his hinds feet also. In humility can always flee instantly., being now aware of evil, made from troubles, wise as a serpent, remaining harmless as a dove (Matt 10:16-20)

When, Jesus was here on earth in the flesh body, they sought to kill him, and he knew this too, as so do you in belief given you to see it too, through experiences that are grown in you to now know too. You, can now stand in trust to God Father of the risen Jesus for you, even if you do go through troubles again too. the troubles become a learning. for you to stand in the power of God only for you, not of anyone else. (Phil 3)

Col 1:21-23. The trouble, is standing in belief to God even though going through troubles presently and have gone and might go there again, that I know I do not care to go through any of them ever again either. Yet if do, I and you and all others in belief too, can say as Jesus said this to Pilate, after Pilate said to Jesus, do you not know the power I have over you?

Answer: Do you not know it is allowed for you to have that for now. Can we, say this to our troubles now, seeing to be content in all things happening, good or bad, God takes them all and turns it all into Good for us, his children in the long haul, y'all. Someway, somehow, therefore stop any worry over anything, why??????????/
Because no worries can add a single moment to anyone's life presently, can it? You decide, thanks

Believe, receive and eventually see by not quitting belief, even as we can see in the book of Job for us to get a clue, and see our name in that book of Job as is us going through it all too

Love to all from God by Son Jesus gong to that cross willingly first. Most importantly is resurrected ted fro us to be that also, in continue trust to God no matter what. Not easy to leave worry in the dust, yet is best to do that too, to keep us from depressing confusion

Oct 24, 2012
Yes, 101% sure I will go to heaven.
Thanks in agreement
God, says believe God, you will receive and see it too. Then that final choice to believe or not will settle in you too
Thank you Psalms 103:12, 100:4 fulfilled prophecy today by Jesus for us