A look at Amos 9:7-15 and Luke 2:1-52

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BenAvraham

Aug 30, 2015
AMOS 9:7-15

Amos Ha Navi (Amos the Prophet) speaks through the Ruach HaKodesh (the Holy Spirit) saying that Yes, Adonai will seek out and punish Israel for their sins, and will search out the kingdoms of the earth where they are at, many will and have been destroyed because of their rebellion, HOWEVER, not all, there is always a remnant which is faithful, and true to the God of creation.

We see the example of Elijah the Prophet when he killed the 400 prophets of Baal. Queen Jezebel sought his life and he had to make a run for it. He cried out "Am I the only one left LORD?" (sort of saying) The LORD replied, "I have 7000 who have not bowed the knee to Baal" (so, you're not alone my dear servant) We don't know the population of Israel back then, but, there was that remnant of 7000 who were not persuaded to follow the pagan god "Baal".

We do not have to go with the flow, especially if the flow is going over the bridge into a stormy and ravaging river. We can always detour and follow the path to green pastures and quiet waters, and search for the Good Shepherd and the Water of Life. It may be the unpopular thing to do, but we need to look at the big picture, "ETERNITY" and speaking of eternity...

Amos looks into the future, and sees that Israel, and all of God’s children, both born as Israelis and born in the Gentile nations will come together as ONE, (echad), …” Behold, the day is coming says YHVH…” We look into the future millennium and see “paradise restored” and real and eternal peace and Yeshua will be on the throne as KING and LORD of all the world. What a time that will be for ALL of us.

LUKE 2:1-52

Do we look forward to the future return of Yeshua? In this chapter, Simeon and Anna look forward and greatly rejoice to see Mashiach, even as a baby. He was presented at the Temple and was circumcised, Simeon and Anna recognized him as Mashiach, even before he grew up and performed miracles. Simeon said; “My eyes have seen YESHUAH! Who is a LIGHT (HaOr) to bring revelation to the Gentiles?

Also, we see Mary and Joseph practicing and honoring "Pidyon HaBen" (the redemption of the Firstborn). In this practice, God had selected the firstborn of the Tribe of Levi to be part of the priesthood. Since Mary and Joseph were of the Tribe of Judah, there was the "redeeming of the firstborn" saying "I will buy back my son from the priesthood" They were to pay 5 Shekels of Silver and offer two pigeons at the temple. Mary and Joseph respected that custom, yet we see that even though Yeshua was not a Levite, he would still be considered "Our High Priest" and mediator between us and the Father. He is our Redeemer, Mediator, Torah Teacher, Our High Priest. "Salvation" (Yeshuah) revealed.

It is God’s perfect will that Yeshua be revealed to ALL PEOPLES, both those of Israel and those outside of Israel so that HIS BODY might be complete, a “Kehilah Kadosh, Kol HaAm” (A holy congregation of all people)

Have a blessed week.

Today was Holocaust Remembrance Day, May such a tragedy never again occur.
IMG_0769.JPG IMG_0772.JPG

Mar 9, 2023
Perth, Western Australia
Love hearing from Christian Jews. I love Israel & her people, My saviour is a Jew. Your people have a fantastic understanding of all Scriptures. -- I feel so sad for all the horrors Israel has passed through. Yet She must yet pass through another two terrible wars (Ezek.38&39 + others) . These wars are prophesied against Israel, but when Nineveh repented at Jonah's preaching God relented and spared Nineveh. I would like to hear your opinion should Israel repent before these wars. If there is a chance of God sparing them should they repent. Then we need a world wide prayer group to pray for that to happen.

BenAvraham

Aug 30, 2015
Shalom Len, Yes, anything is possible with God. Yet God already knows the future even before it happens. He is not will that anyone should perish, but come to the knowledge of Yeshua. But there is hope for Israel, even in face of these coming wars, Messiah will come and rescue His people. There is a prophecy that says "All Israel will be saved" When Messiah comes in the clouds in the future, Israel will recognize Him as Saviour, LORD, and Redeemer. That is good.

Mar 9, 2023
Perth, Western Australia
Shalom Ben, I know that large numbers of Israelis will be saved at the Rapture. I believe they are the 144,000 mentioned in Revelation, but All Israel being saved refers to the remnant left after the invasion by the Far Northern Army when God destroys 5/6 of the invaders in the early part of the Tribulation. Jeremiah Chapters 30 & 31. However I pray daily that God will relent from executing these prophecies that say Israel must go through the Tribulation. I pray that God will quickly send Israel a prophet who will bring Israel to repentance and to God before the Tribulation. Yeshua is returning very soon.

BenAvraham

Aug 30, 2015
Amen Brother Len, Yes, Yeshua is returning soon. There will be two witnesses during the tribulation period that will tell the world about Yeshua, One is Elijah, and the other might be Moses or Enoch. The world will have its chance to repent. By the way, where do you live? USA? I lived in Houston, TX for 25 years before moving to El Salvador. My biological father was Len or Lennie (Leonard)

Mar 9, 2023
Perth, Western Australia
Shalom, Brother Ben. Yes I am in full agreement. By the way I got mixed up before when I said the invasion from the far north was in the early part of the Tribulation , that's wrong it is at the latter end, and when Israel cries out "Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord" . Then Yeshua will stand on the Mount of Olives and destroy Israels enemies. Then All Israel will be saved. Sometimes I get things a bit mixed up (maybe that's because I'm 91) but I am positive this time. -- Nice to know that your father and I share the same name. -- I live on the bottom of the World in Perth, West Australia. -- The blessings of YHWH be upon you and all His people Israel.

BenAvraham

Aug 30, 2015
Wow, from down under. At least out there you don't have to worry about Funnel Web spiders. How about Box Jellyfish in the ocean? I hear they can give one quite a sting. Ever been to Alice Springs? right smack in the middle of Australia? I have a book on Amazon, if you are interested, I'll give you the link. 91 years old, I hope I reach that age, and still be healthy. I am 70, my wife Judith is 75. Which church do you attend there in Perth?

Mar 9, 2023
Perth, Western Australia
Well no there are no Funnel webs in this area, but plenty of red-backs. Got bitten by a baby one on the cheek bone once. Felt like I got hit with a cricket ball. Went and got an anti venom shot & was ok after a couple of hours. Got a bit of a black eye out of it for a while. Some very poisonous snakes on outskirts of built up areas. Got stung on the backside once by Jellyfish while swimming in the Swan River. Did a lot of swimming at the ocean beaches when young. Nothing happened there, I guess the sharks thought there was not enough meat on me. Have not been to Alice but my eldest boy worked there for a number of years on the American/Australian Base there. Thanks for the book offer but my reading and writing ability is limited to short bursts. Had a prosthetic right eye implanted (if that's the word) 2 years ago. My good eye goes blurry after a short time of reading. I have my own site on the Net for Free Bible Subject Studies but finding it hard to add anymore now, just occasional reviews. My wife passed away 6 months ago (after 68 Years together) and I am still trying to learn to cook. Shalom. YHWH be with you.

BenAvraham

Aug 30, 2015
Thank you for your note. Seems like we're pen pals now (or keyboard pals). Sorry to hear about your wife, but I am sure you have many good memories. My wife and I have been married 25 years. Here in El Salvador, we have scorpions, but they aren't deadly poisonous. we have a family of iguanas that live in the next-door neighbor's wall. I am glad you have survived all of those negative adventures with nature.

Mar 9, 2023
Perth, Western Australia
Failed to answer a previous question, so here it is. It is nearly 20 years since I last drove a car so just attend an Anglican "Evangelical" Church which is just 5 minutes down the road on my mobility scooter. I do not accept any Church handle, just regard myself as a non- denominational Christian. There are very few churches of any denomination that now expound the Scriptures and challenge people to repentance and salvation. Amos 8;11 prophesied that there would be a famine of the hearing of God's Word and we are now experiencing it. A large percentage of most modern churches now have apostate preachers and corrupt "modern" versions of scripture. There is indeed a drought of The Word of God now in every denomination, but God will always have His remnant. Praise God for the few that still proclaim the truth. Shalom

BenAvraham

Aug 30, 2015
Yes Len, Many churches preach messages that will "tickle" the ears of listeners or will give the people what they want to hear. I am a student of "Israel Bible Center" from Jerusalem, so, if you ever want to really study scriptures with Hebraic insight, I would recommend you to enroll in this institution. They gave me a good offer; $149 for one year, there are more than 60 courses to choose from.
This is the link. "Israel Bible Center" .com Just consider yourself a "child of God" (Ben Elohim) because that is who we are in God's eyes. It is still good to congregate at a local fellowship, just check out with God's Word all that the preacher preaches. Does it jive with scripture? if not, it is just commentary.

Mar 9, 2023
Perth, Western Australia
Hi Ben. - Afraid it's no good me enrolling in anything now. Can not handle it with my eyesight the way it is. Can only read/write in short bursts. So sad to see the way churches have changed just in my lifetime. In all denominations the majority do not seem able to discern the difference between God's Truth and Satan's lies. All are fast heading towards the One World Apostate Church. Sad to see but it has to happen. The good side of it is that it shows the nearness of Yeshua's coming. - My personal beliefs are closer to the old Baptist, (minus Calvinism. - Here in Oz, less than 3 or 4% of the population attend a Christian church regularly and probably less than 1% of those are genuine. I think the situation is a fraction better in America. -- Yeshua said, When I return will I find faith? - I fear He will find very little. God Bless you and your family. Shalom

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Love hearing from Christian Jews. I love Israel & her people, My saviour is a Jew. Your people have a fantastic understanding of all Scriptures. -- I feel so sad for all the horrors Israel has passed through. Yet She must yet pass through another two terrible wars (Ezek.38&39 + others) . These wars are prophesied against Israel, but when Nineveh repented at Jonah's preaching God relented and spared Nineveh. I would like to hear your opinion should Israel repent before these wars. If there is a chance of God sparing them should they repent. Then we need a world wide prayer group to pray for that to happen.
I do not read that Israel is going to lose those wars, I read that God is going to fight for them.

I believe God has already turned back to Israel but they have not yet turned back to Him.

God fought for them in '48, in '67, in '76 and He is fighting for them now ... using natural means. But Ezekiel speaks about another time when they will all come against Israel this time with Russia. On that occasion God will fight for them not using natural means but supernatural power.

If I was a Jew, oh if I was a Jew, I would be headed home.

Mar 9, 2023
Perth, Western Australia
I do not read that Israel is going to lose those wars, I read that God is going to fight for them.

I believe God has already turned back to Israel but they have not yet turned back to Him.

God fought for them in '48, in '67, in '76 and He is fighting for them now ... using natural means. But Ezekiel speaks about another time when they will all come against Israel this time with Russia. On that occasion God will fight for them not using natural means but supernatural power.

If I was a Jew, oh if I was a Jew, I would be headed home.
Greetings Evmur, I fully agree with you. The Books of Judges and Kings are full of accounts of God allowing Israels enemies to be used to punish Israel for Her sins. Then when sufficient punishment has been given God deals severely with her enemies. He still does the same today. Israel always was, is, and ever will be God's Chosen, Covenant people. He who lifts his hand against Israel as a Nation or an individual will suffer the wrath of God. Shalom.

Mar 9, 2023
Perth, Western Australia
Greetings Evmur, I fully agree with you. The Books of Judges and Kings are full of accounts of God allowing Israels enemies to be used to punish Israel for Her sins. Then when sufficient punishment has been given God deals severely with her enemies. He still does the same today. Israel always was, is, and ever will be God's Chosen, Covenant people. He who lifts his hand against Israel as a Nation or an individual will suffer the wrath of God. Shalom.

BenAvraham

Aug 30, 2015
Yes, Our God will fight for HIS people. The promises are in His WORD. The future is already known. We await HIS coming