any michael jackson fans?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Amber1980

Dec 5, 2020
Off the wall was my favorite also with a close second thriller and yes ill say that I was young then lol such a sad story tho

Apr 11, 2024
I like "Off the Wall", because it is before he was super famous.
He was already famous for spending 16 years with his brothers. He'd done four solo efforts for Motown during that time, but "Off the Wall" is what launched his mainstream independent career.

Yes. I love the dancing in Bad. It's very Broadway and jazzy.
That film was partly inspired by the 1961 version of "West Side Story".

Nov 10, 2019
He was already famous for spending 16 years with his brothers. He'd done four solo efforts for Motown during that time, but "Off the Wall" is what launched his mainstream independent career.
Didn't the Thriller album make him globally famous though?

At some point, he became arguably the most famous person in the world. When did that happen?

Apr 11, 2024
Oh. What do you think of "Speed Demon" from Bad?
Its an interesting song, but not one of my favorites. The short film was inventive, though.

Didn't the Thriller album make him globally famous though?

At some point, he became arguably the most famous person in the world. When did that happen?
Let me put it this way: if Off the Wall placed Michael at say a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10, then Thriller shot him up to 15. But its not like he was a novice or disrespected earlier in his career - far from it, in fact. He was just needing that extra boost, to send him skyward. Unfortunately, he was so much of a perfectionist that he kept trying to outdo himself, and the lack of another massive album really frustrated him. He did say however, that he thought Invincible was probably the closest he ever got to reaching that goal.

Apr 10, 2024
I like Invincible. I don't think someone cam create the magic of Thriller though.