Do the non-elect have free-will?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 14, 2022
Again, at the risk of boring everyone, we do not have elect believers and unelected believers.

The Bible does not present us with classes of believers.

I fully understand that is what you understand. I do not believe it to be a salvic issue but it is a confusing and unbiblical view.
Yes it is

Who is called to is not elect

But believer

Classification is -

From faith to faith

What faith you have by it you are classified

May 7, 2024
Who:(The non-elect)
What:(Free-will)
When, where, how, and why did it go wrong for those who are not of the elect?
Here is something I picked out from the internet as I was thinking about the same issue.

Natural freedom and acquired freedom

(2) Natural freedom (a.k.a. volitional freedom) is freedom to determine one's own "decisions or plans." Natural freedom is inherent in all people, in all circumstances, and "without regard to any state of mind or character which they may or may not acquire in the course of their lives."[23]
  • Other theologians, paralleling Adler, view all humanity as naturally possessing the "free choice of the will."[24] If "free will" is taken to mean unconstrained and voluntary choice, the Bible assumes that all people, unregenerate and regenerate, possess it.[25] For examples, "free will" is taught in Matthew 23:37 and Revelation 22:17.[26][clarification needed]
(3) Acquired freedom is freedom "to live as [one] ought to live," a freedom that requires a transformation whereby a person acquires a righteous, holy, healthy, etc. "state of mind or character."[27]
  • The Bible testifies to the need for acquired freedom because no one "is free for obedience and faith till he is freed from sin's dominion." People possess natural freedom but their "voluntary choices" serve sin until they acquire freedom from "sin's dominion." The New Bible Dictionary denotes this acquired freedom for "obedience and faith" as "free will" in a theological sense.[25] Therefore, in biblical thinking, an acquired freedom from being "enslaved to sin" is needed "to live up to Jesus' commandments to love God and love neighbor."[28]
  • Jesus told his hearers that they needed to be made "free indeed" (John 8:36). "Free indeed [ontós]" means "truly free" or "really free," as it is in some translations.[29] Being made "free indeed" means freedom from "bondage to sin."[30] This acquired freedom is "freedom to serve the Lord."[31] Being "free indeed" (i.e., true freedom) comes by "God's changing our nature" to free us from being "slaves to sin." and endowing us with "the freedom to choose to be righteous."