Family member diagnosed with cancer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Hi all,
I have just had a phone call from my dad saying the results of my step mothers last scan shows the cancer has gone. The cancer consultant said that he had only ever seen this happen once in his career. He said it's a miracle. Thanks all for your prayers 🥰
Thank you for the praise report.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Hi all,
I have just had a phone call from my dad saying the results of my step mothers last scan shows the cancer has gone. The cancer consultant said that he had only ever seen this happen once in his career. He said it's a miracle. Thanks all for your prayers 🥰
God is good all the time as good is God all the time
some people make it and stay here, others go on to God in Heaven as God knows truth. There are other people that say, ooh no, that person did not make it. I say really, glad you are not God.
This is great Sunshine girl. God always has a plan in place no matter what evil tries to subvert it. Wow, cool

SunshineGirl

Jan 6, 2024
England
God is good all the time as good is God all the time
some people make it and stay here, others go on to God in Heaven as God knows truth. There are other people that say, ooh no, that person did not make it. I say really, glad you are not God.
This is great Sunshine girl. God always has a plan in place no matter what evil tries to subvert it. Wow, cool
Who makes heaven is up to God alone. I thank him for taking the cancer out of her. Amazing and loving God 🥰

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Hello All,
Can you please keep in your prayers my step mother who has just been diagnosed with lymphoma. She has been told she will need six treatments of chemo. To start with she refused treatment. She is now going to have chemo once but if her hair starts to fall out she will stop it straight away.
Many thanks all 🥰
Hi Sunshine Girl.
I'm sorry I missed your prayer request here.
I will add your step Mum to my prayer list.
It's understandable that she dreads going through all that pain and misery of chemo.

I just learned earlier today that they once again " misdiagnosed" my Mom as having pulled her trach tube out an inch. I was with her since she woke up yesterday morning. She got to go outside for a little bit. While out there, the staff had trouble handling the heavy chair she was in and the oxygen tank . They were all over the place and dislodged her trach tube part way through careless handling and awkward small wheels on the chair that the woman was not strong enough to handle properly. I give the ladies an A for effort and appreciate that time taking her outside. I was with her and concerned about the O2 cuff snagging the trach tube . Sure enough, as she sat in front of the nurses station, I noticed that happened. The voice therapist walked by and said she'd be right with us. I was there a long time and she didn't show up while I was there to ask her to fix it. Mom's breathing was alright so no concerns. Then the next day, I go there to find that my Mom was unable to move her hands arms or fingers. She had big padded mitts on tied to the rails. The respiratory therapist blamed the trach issue on Mom. She never touched it. I told the nurse, head nurses on the floor and the next respiratory therapist that they need to release her. It was explained that it's against policy and they will leave it on for any number of days until they are sure she will not pull it out. They didn't give a flip that I was with her all that time and only observed the ladies stumbling around the chair as they pushed it. The respiratory therapist dropped the o2 tank and that would've jerked on the tubing. Now Mom is tortured with extremely hot winter like mittens that she can't move in. Damnit I'm upset! I took those off when I stayed there today.

All of that to say that you canNOT trust medical professionals any more than any other field of work. Mistakes are often made and the customer or patients are often the ones who suffer.

There are exceptionally caring and virtuous people I've known and met. There are also plenty that have financial incentives to label strangers who walk in off the street as patients with false diagnosis.
Mistakes also happen. I have no way of knowing about your Step Mum, but I suggest a second or third opinion from another separate unrelated outfit that doesn't have the records. See if the diagnosis is the same and study up on the subject best you both can. You know how auto mechanics and service men take advantage? That's also common in medicine. If she has this cancer, it might be advantages to look into other options and their success/ failure rates.
Either way it couldn't hurt to learn more.

I was motivated to listen to Dr Daniels before reading this and then decided to look up a related thread in the other health forum. I will post it here for you and your step Mother . She covers some unrelated things at the beginning and then starts on the topic of cancer and diagnostics about the 11:00 minute mark.
Prayerfully to her health.
God bless you both.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Hi all,
I just read the entire thread and now see how our precious Father healed your step mother .
Praise the Lord!!! ☺️
He has been so kind !