Iran attacks Israel, sends hundreds of drones, missiles

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
well, i do agree; it's why i oppose abortion. murder, even if it's not en masse, is wrong.
i just have questions about these uni protests, like

do the kids actually understand what they're for, or against? do they even know what river and which sea?
(where that expression got its start, i have my doubts, but i suspect it may have been with Israelis)

the adults leading those students, and the ones donating the funds to support them, are they actually pro-palestinian, or is it something else? how about the woman at Columbia who also led protests with Wall Street, and BLM? do we believe she actually cares about Palestine, or is she a professional rabble-rouser?

how does a group of 7-8 surrounding a Jewish 19 yo kid from Jersey, threatening him with bodily harm, achieve the goal of ending violence in the Middle East?

i'm not a dispensationalist, nor am i so naïve as to think the Israeli gov't is faultless. indeed, like every other gov't, i feel there's a lot of corruption inherent in it.
i support my fellow citizens in their right to protest. it doesn't matter whether or not i believe in their cause; it's their right as Americans. but that right ends with breaking laws. you can't break windows with a hammer, usurp a building, or, in the case of the climate church, block public roads.

the issues are complex. they always are. i wish we could sit down with coffee (I made pie! lol) and just talk about it. i hope my ethics are applied with an even hand, but as my sister so often says, it's hard to see your own stuff (except she doesn't say stuff :D).
Unfortunately agitators are usually sent in, this is well documented in the January 6 protest. Sure some are more informed than others, however, the visuals of the death and destruction in Gaza is all one really needs to see, this is not 1970.

Consider these words stated during the Vietnam war (which history has shown to have been a failure) about the Kent State protestors.

Nixon referred to student protesters as "bums," while then-California Gov. Ronald Reagan said "if it takes bloodbath" to deal with campus demonstrators "let's get it over with." On May 3, Ohio Gov. Jim Rhodes described campus demonstrators as "the worst type of people that we harbor in America."
Kent State survivor.

Maybe they were bums, I do not know, but seriously if the military industrial complex is not on full display here through these comments I do not know what more is needed.

"Might makes right" and that about sums it up.

I like pie!! :coffee::coffee: :)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
And you know what is also wrong ethnic cleansing and settler colonialism.
If you know anything about the past history of Palestine, you should know that Palestine NEVER belonged to Middle Eastern Arabs. The Ottoman's were Turks and it was a part of the Ottoman empire.

But going further back, it belonged to Israelites until 70 AD although under Gentile rule since around 600 BC). And going back even further it belonged to Abraham and his descendants from around 2000 BC . So when the nations in Canaan were replaced by the Israelites (around 1500 BC), it belonged to Israel until Assyria and Babylon conquered the kingdoms of Israel and Judah. Had Israel remained one nation and been obedient to God, and believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, it would have continued to belong to Israel to this day.

The Arabs were the unlawful occupiers of the land of Palestine, and had they simply accepted the fact that Israel would occupy a portion of Palestine (which was theirs since 2000 BC) and they all could live peacefully, there would have been no problem. It was THE ARABS who were the aggressors in 1948.

"Accusing Israel of 70 years of occupation — meaning, from the moment of its birth — is to deny Israel’s right to exist. Israel recently celebrated 70 years since it declared independence on May 14, 1948, on the basis of the November 29, 1947 UN partition resolution (A/RES/181(II)) that called for Jewish and Arab states to succeed the British Mandate in Palestine. Israel was admitted a year later to the United Nations as a member state.

While the Jewish people had accepted the UN partition plan, the Arab side rejected it. Palestinian Arabs launched a war against the Jewish community with the stated aim of destroying the nascent Jewish state. On May 15, 1948, when the British withdrew, the armies of Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq joined the war against Israel. The conflict ended in January 1949 with armistice agreements signed between Israel and Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria. When the United Nations admitted Israel as a member state several months later, it was within those internationally recognized armistice lines. Arabs living in Israel were granted Israeli citizenship."

You have conveniently ignored the facts of history, as have the Palestinians.

DRobinson

Aug 23, 2023
The area that is called Palestine was given to Israel by God.
God told them to drive all others out of the land.
Israel has welcomed all who will live there in peace and abide by the laws of Israel.
Some have chosen not to do so and even have demanded that all Jews are to not only driven out but killed.
Many have attempted to do so for over 70 years now.
Israel is defending it's right to be in the land God gave them.
It is sad that many have died, but they made no attempt to keep terrorist from living among them and often welcomed and supported them and their actions.
They brought this upon themselves just as all people do when they allow evil men to rule them without putting up a fight.
This Nation had best get ready for God to allow evil men to attack and destroy us also because we to have allow evil men to rule us for many years.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Iran has also been pirating trade ships
I don't know why America is putting up with that

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Iran has also been pirating trade ships
I don't know why America is putting up with that
The question I have is if the US is not going to provide security to international trade the world will seek for someone else to provide it.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Iran has also been pirating trade ships. I don't know why America is putting up with that
The reason is that Joe Biden has thoroughly compromised himself with Iran, and now does not have the integrity to resist Iranian attacks. Indeed all Houthi attacks were in fact Iranian by proxy. When you provide billions of dollars to your sworn enemy to commit terrorism, you cannot very well fight that terrorism. Obama started this nonsense with Iran, and Israel simply does not have the capacity to deal with so many enemies at the same time. But the countries of the European Union should have responded immediately, instead of fighting that bogus war for Ukraine (a lost cause). Even India has done better than the Europeans and Americans.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
You have conveniently ignored the facts of history, as have the Palestinians.
Laughing at this part in particular, I could post the primary sources and map the political maneuvers, counter maneuvers and the deceit of the British Empire and I could go back to Theodore Herzl etc., but there is no point.

Your eschatology is in the way.
I will trust Jesus the last prophet.... "this generation"

I will still support your "anti-Calvinist" soteriology it is right on and it does indeed bless me.

:)

Jul 18, 2017
Laughing at this part in particular, I could post the primary sources and map the political maneuvers, counter maneuvers and the deceit of the British Empire and I could go back to Theodore Herzl etc., but there is no point.
None of that is relevant and you can laugh all you want (because you love fiction). But the first aggressors were the Arab nations, not Israel and the Jews. And I already quoted that fact. And that is what we are talking about. Britannica confirms this: "The first war, in 1948–49, began when Israel declared itself an independent state following the United Nations’ partition of Palestine and five Arab countries—Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syriaattacked Israel." So your bias is showing.