Predestination is misunderstood...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 18, 2024
It puzzles me how some get what was said....
Making it time well spent. And, those who can not hear.
And, then insist upon wanting it explained just the same.

Instead, they should pray and get answers for themselves in God's timing from God.

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously
to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you."
James 1:5

Its when God starts working through us personally, that whatever knowledge we have collected finally gets put to good use.
We are caught up in a mystery, and not taking a written test based upon memorization, but upon developing a God given intuition.

Angels are watching as that mystery unfolds.

grace and happiness...

So, Biblical wisdom is when one begins using Scripture out of context to say things one wants it to say. Actually that's called eisegesis, not wisdom. Wisdom is based in accurately understanding Scripture and using it skillfully. It's developed in Christ in Spirit over time.

Apr 18, 2024
After citing Scripture that landed on deaf rears?

Rest up, please.

Anyone can cite Scripture. Not too many can exegete it. Many use it out of context. You've cited 3 parts of Scripture and missed context all 3 times. You dropped Galatians awful quickly and lost your "winner" believer concept. Would you like to go through 1Cor11 verse-by-verse and make your case how, where, and why it says Christians can treat one another disrespectfully and with hostility over their different views of eschatology?

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
So, Biblical wisdom is when one begins using Scripture out of context to say things one wants it to say. Actually that's called eisegesis, not wisdom. Wisdom is based in accurately understanding Scripture and using it skillfully. It's developed in Christ in Spirit over time.
I know all about what you are saying.....
Its the great excuse maker of first year seminary students.

You need to learn that some things must wait.

To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:

A time to be born,
And a time to die;
A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what is planted;
A time to kill,
And a time to heal;
A time to break down,
And a time to build up;
A time to weep,
And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
And a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones,
And a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to gain,
And a time to lose;
A time to keep,
And a time to throw away;
A time to tear,
And a time to sew;
A time to keep silence,
And a time to speak;
A time to love,
And a time to hate;
A time of war,
And a time of peace.

Apr 18, 2024
Here you go.
My pastor for the last 43 years...
A professor of ancient languages recommended him to me.

This is what you told me I needed to wait for? If you only knew....

Go through and find his exegesis on 1Cor11 and see if he agrees with you that it can be used to justify treating Christian siblings with disrespect and hostility if they disagree with your - actually his - eschatology.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017

Go through and find his exegesis on 1Cor11 and see if he agrees with you that it can be used to justify treating Christian siblings with disrespect and hostility if they disagree with your - actually his - eschatology.

I feel no hostility towards you. At one time I might have....

Genez

Oct 12, 2017

Considering he probably spent about four hours teaching on it, and having to locate the CD with the message amongst many discs I have stored?

I think it best to just accept it as it now stands.

Though he does teach that there is the danger for the mature Christian, that it can be easy to feel hostile towards the young believer who assumes he is already mature...

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
Well... you're really good at what you do.

Good at trying to please your chosen group you identify with.
You learned to gain their approval by saying all the right things they tell you to think..

Israel hold s a future separate from the Church.
Theirs will be a kingdom on the new earth.

Ours will be our home in heaven.

Sorry to see you flunking the course.
why do you never bother engaging with the Scripture verses given to you? What sin is in your life that has made you heart so hard to the truth which God gives to correct His people?

God is not a polygamist and only has ONE wife which is made up of people from all nations, tribes and tongues called His elect church in the NEW Covenant which fulfilled the shadows and types of the Old of which the nation of Israel was pointing to.

1715297768808.jpeg

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
Denominational hostilities must exist and are a part of God's plan.

1 Corinthians 11:18-19

In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are divisions among you,
and to some extent I believe it. No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of
you have God’s approval.

To agree to drop all hostilities is Satan getting those who are approved of God to compromise the truth for the sake of getting along with men. and no longer with Christ.

Its knowing that such pressures will be there is what makes the winner keep going when others want to settle things now and to call it quits...

Galatians 5:7-8

You were running a good race. Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth?
That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you.

The winners must at times run alone and not concern himself with what compromises others choose to accept as a means to get along....

The foundational essential doctrines is where we all can agree, but we must keep growing up beyond the foundational done so in Christ, with advancement in understanding doctrine that separates us from our childhood, while being as a child in the Lord.

grace and peace .............
After many years of research I have found that Amillennialism is biblical eschatology.

1715298189434.jpeg

Apr 18, 2024
Considering he probably spent about four hours teaching on it, and having to locate the CD with the message amongst many discs I have stored?

I think it best to just accept it as it now stands.

Though he does teach that there is the danger for the mature Christian, that it can be easy to feel hostile towards the young believer who assumes he is already mature...

Just so you know, and with no disrespect intended towards you or to him, I'm not concerned with a link to a teaching about 1Cor11. My suggestion was for you to consider the context and how you're using the verses. Then my suggestion was for you to review whether or not your teacher says or suggests that those verses could be used to justify disrespect and hostility towards another Christian over interpretations of eschatology.

Paul does cover some of the issues related to the varied levels of spiritual growth of Christians, both in 1Cor and elsewhere. Yes, it can be a challenge for congregations, pastors, individual believers. It was an issue back then. It's still an issue. And one of the problems in this is temporal age or time under teaching does not assure spiritual maturity or the ability to deal with Scripture accurately. So there's no misunderstanding, I'm not insinuating anything about you or your 43 years of listening to rbthieme.

So, as you essentially say (I think), we can leave it here.

Thanks.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
why do you never bother engaging with the Scripture verses given to you? What sin is in your life that has made you heart so hard to the truth which God gives to correct His people?

God is not a polygamist and only has ONE wife which is made up of people from all nations, tribes and tongues called His elect church in the NEW Covenant which fulfilled the shadows and types of the Old of which the nation of Israel was pointing to.

View attachment 263675
The KJV may say so... But OT believers were believers. Never called "saints."
After many years of research I have found that Amillennialism is biblical eschatology.
I wonder if there is a schoolyard where you might be able to try your bully tactics on?

Not with me you don't.

The teaching you push was designed for those who like to bully young immature believers.

Now, be a strong big brave boy... and accept that no one here will take you seriously, unless they are still babes in Christ, and not know any better to not waste their time.

Titus 3:10-11

Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time.
After that, have nothing to do with them. You may be sure that
such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned.

:unsure: .. is that angel wings I hear?

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
Many years research?

That eye hiding cowardly behind a hole in the wall looks only around 18 years old.

And, the thinking that eye presents? Seems to be hovering around the same..

You're young. There is plenty of time for you to learn what is really needed.

Wishing you well....

Apr 18, 2024
And you are quite welcome to your view and can probably explain it.

I've been watching, not closely, but sufficiently for me at this time, some interesting work currently going on within the Preterist camps.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
And you are quite welcome to your view and can probably explain it.

I've been watching, not closely, but sufficiently for me at this time, some interesting work currently going on within the Preterist camps.
Tag team....