Trusting in the Lord

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Psalms 118:8 says

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

This is so important for us to not only believe, but to do. I know that there are Scholars who have written some good Commentaries explaining Scripture, and I even use some of them from time to time. What I do not do is place their translations above the enlightenment of the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit and what He reveals to me as to the meaning of a certain Scripture or passage of Scriptures

John, Chapter 14 verse 26 says:

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Sanctified believers who enjoy the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit have a Teacher greater than all the Scholars who have ever lived. The Holy Spirit reveals to the sanctified believer the "spiritual meaning" of Scripture. This revelation is how the believer becomes mature in their faith and understanding of Gods Written Word.

In the 3rd Chapter of 1st Corinthians, Paul states:

1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

This reveals that while saved, new believers are not yet mature in their understanding. Not yet possessing the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit. Their understanding is limited to the physical world and not the spiritual world.

Several Scriptures tell us about trusting in the Lord.

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Proverbs 3:6 - In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Matthew 6:25 - Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Psalms 9:10 - And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Jesus said He would never leave us or forsake us. We must trust His words to be true. There is one Scri[tire that assures us that Jesus will do what He says He will do.

Hebrews 13:8 - Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever.

Friends, when the troubles of this world beset you, it is ok to seek comfort from family, friends and Spiritual Leaders, but place your TRUST IN GOD! BELIEVE IN HIM! For He will see you through.

May God bless you each and every one.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
These scriptures speak volumes of truth but I do take exception to your writing:

This reveals that while saved, new believers are not yet mature in their understanding. Not yet possessing the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit. Their understanding is limited to the physical world and not the spiritual world.

From my youth I knew the Holy Spirit dwelt within me but also learned the Lord taught me this way over the years.

Isaiah 28:10 For it is precept upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, here a little, there a little.”

Make me understand the way of thy precepts, and I will meditate on thy wondrous works.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
These scriptures speak volumes of truth but I do take exception to your writing:

From my youth I knew the Holy Spirit dwelt within me but also learned the Lord taught me this way over the years.

Isaiah 28:10 For it is precept upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, here a little, there a little.”

Make me understand the way of thy precepts, and I will meditate on thy wondrous works.
Isaiah 28:10 For it is precept upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, hear a little, there a little.”

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:16-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

Your disputation is with the teachings of Jesus in the Gospel of John, and the teachings of the Apostle Paul in his Epistles. (just saying)