Which pill for you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I take a white pill. Hey, does that make me a racist? Hope not, but it sure makes me feel really, really gooooood! :)

Apr 11, 2024
I take a white pill. Hey, does that make me a racist? Hope not, but it sure makes me feel really, really gooooood! :)
Unless you go around dressed in a white sheet and start burning crosses, I doubt you'll have any major problems. Regarding white pills, you might want to stick with Tylenol. ;)

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Jesus Yeshua came first to His own House, Judah,, however His teaching is for all who hear. He did not come to dispute with anyone for He had and has not need to do such,.

Love God, love the Family in Yeshua, and love your enemies. When our Father moves upon the heathen, all will know Who it is. Until then many rely on speculation, even of the word.

This is not a true debate and it is getting out of hand so I will bid thee aDieu.
It is a debate, you just don't like the points I raise. You are a Christian who takes something as rare and precious as freedom for granted. You get what you deserve.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is a debate, you just don't like the points I raise. You are a Christian who takes something as rare and precious as freedom for granted. You get what you deserve.
Were it permitted I would judge you, but this is not my authority, yet.

Dec 9, 2011
And some would switch those labels...but I personal think either train of thought is an oversimplification. Another famous movie put it this way: "We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy."
The pills represent a choice between remaining in a state of blissful ignorance (blue) or accepting a painful reality (red).

I see what you mean when you say those meanings can be switched around though.

I personally disagree with the Democrats thinking they are right and I do rather have the painful reality but I just don’t think I should Identify the republicans with It,I mean the ones that follow IMO a liar In Donald Trump.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
The pills represent a choice between remaining in a state of blissful ignorance (blue) or accepting a painful reality (red).

I see what you mean when you say those meanings can be switched around though.

I personally disagree with the Democrats thinking they are right and I do rather have the painful reality but I just don’t think I should Identify the republicans with It,I mean the ones that follow IMO a liar In Donald Trump.
And I agree that people can make this political....
But who wants to admit they are wrong?

When you had to admit to God that you were a whole life failure....
Was it pleasant? (Absolutely not) Most people experience anger, disgust, frustration, horror, and deep regret. Nobody enjoys those feelings.

But where the political junk gets annoying is when it becomes impossible for either party to claim that the other party is right.

Student loan forgiveness is a prime example. Many of these loans were in default, not on the part of the people but the Government. Part of the deal is that if you take these loans and then become a schoolteacher or other altruistic worker that these loans are forgiven after so many years of payments. And they were not despite the many proofs submitted by the people. And Biden forgave them as the government was obligated to do so. (There were others as well)
But this helped working people...not a special interest group....but the hardest working and most productive members of society that were facing inflation.

The Republicans have wailed and cried over this "horrendous use of executive powers". When they should have just said, "good job looking out for people".
And seen to it to revamp the program to only cover STEM degrees afterwards. But instead they just say how bad the Democrats are for doing this.

Just saying....

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Were it permitted I would judge you, but this is not my authority, yet.
Yet? Well, since it's unlikely God will be moving aside to allow you to sit on His throne to judge other humans, I won't be losing much sleep. And, by the way, that was a very carnal response to my comments.

You, as a Christian, are called not to be carnal, but to be a steward of what God has given you. This includes the freedom to worship Him out in the open, which many Christians around the world do not get to enjoy. You have been blessed enormously. And yet, all you can say is "So what? I'll just let it die. It's not important." Your own words will judge you if things maintain their current trajectory.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
And I agree that people can make this political....
But who wants to admit they are wrong?

When you had to admit to God that you were a whole life failure....
Was it pleasant? (Absolutely not) Most people experience anger, disgust, frustration, horror, and deep regret. Nobody enjoys those feelings.

But where the political junk gets annoying is when it becomes impossible for either party to claim that the other party is right.

Student loan forgiveness is a prime example. Many of these loans were in default, not on the part of the people but the Government. Part of the deal is that if you take these loans and then become a schoolteacher or other altruistic worker that these loans are forgiven after so many years of payments. And they were not despite the many proofs submitted by the people. And Biden forgave them as the government was obligated to do so. (There were others as well)
But this helped working people...not a special interest group....but the hardest working and most productive members of society that were facing inflation.

The Republicans have wailed and cried over this "horrendous use of executive powers". When they should have just said, "good job looking out for people".
And seen to it to revamp the program to only cover STEM degrees afterwards. But instead they just say how bad the Democrats are for doing this.

Just saying....
Well, consider that many people were angry because they paid their loans out, high costs and all, and now their tax dollars are being used to pay out others as well.

Look, this wasn't "Good job, Biden." This was Biden seeing that he's starting to lose younger adults, and trying to buy them back.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Well, consider that many people were angry because they paid their loans out, high costs and all, and now their tax dollars are being used to pay out others as well.

Look, this wasn't "Good job, Biden." This was Biden seeing that he's starting to lose younger adults, and trying to buy them back.
But the Government was in default of the contracts....
The red tape they can throw at average people is insane. The people did the time at low wages paying the whole time and their loans were not forgiven according to the contract. Basically in violation of the law. But it's this same government you go to for redress....so the people were getting screwed over. On top of this because of the way the government was giving out these loans, they couldn't be bankrupted upon and the amounts were high due to the schools ballooning the fees and rates for everything.

And since when has "because someone else got something you didn't get" was a viable reason to whine. Sounds like the biblical definition of envy.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Yet? Well, since it's unlikely God will be moving aside to allow you to sit on His throne to judge other humans, I won't be losing much sleep. And, by the way, that was a very carnal response to my comments.

You, as a Christian, are called not to be carnal, but to be a steward of what God has given you. This includes the freedom to worship Him out in the open, which many Christians around the world do not get to enjoy. You have been blessed enormously. And yet, all you can say is "So what? I'll just let it die. It's not important." Your own words will judge you if things maintain their current trajectory.
I post that with the knowledge that my own judgment is handed over to Jesus Yeshua, even though it is written judgment will be handed over to the saints..

My judgment, due to the awe I hold of our Father, must always be mercy, lest I not receive the mercy which I desire. It would be foolhardy for me to believe my judgment amounts to a hill of beans let alone just one bean.

I posted such realizing the prophecies concerning the subject and knowing many are not aware of it.

I pray God Almighty blesses all, this means you also, with this understanding, knowing that we will not receive the mercy we desire without extending the same to all other. Again, may God bless you and hold you near always, amen.

Dec 9, 2011
Do you mean when God is voting or judging?
Judging.
The reason I ask Is because some trump supporting republicans on here will try to guilt trip those that are not for Trump Into feeling guilty by saying that at least he’s not pro choice but dismiss his Immoral ways.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Judging.
The reason I ask Is because some trump supporting republicans on here will try to guilt trip those that are not for Trump Into feeling guilty by saying that at least he’s not pro choice but dismiss his Immoral ways.
As far as judgment goes, the only thing that matters is whether you are in Christ or not. Personally, I can vote for a liar...otherwise, no one would ever be elected. I can't vote for someone who allows the weakest in society to be destroyed. But you are right that Christians could do a better job of making their positions known.
PS...I don't think Jesus ever had opportunity to vote. But I think He would have been fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
But the Government was in default of the contracts....
The red tape they can throw at average people is insane. The people did the time at low wages paying the whole time and their loans were not forgiven according to the contract. Basically in violation of the law. But it's this same government you go to for redress....so the people were getting screwed over. On top of this because of the way the government was giving out these loans, they couldn't be bankrupted upon and the amounts were high due to the schools ballooning the fees and rates for everything.

And since when has "because someone else got something you didn't get" was a viable reason to whine. Sounds like the biblical definition of envy.
Well, one man seems right until another comes forward and questions him. I'm not convinced that this is entirely correct. Something in my gut is telling me that this is wrong. But, I do not have specific facts to bear to back up my case. If I do, I'll come back to this. Until then, the debate is yours.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I post that with the knowledge that my own judgment is handed over to Jesus Yeshua, even though it is written judgment will be handed over to the saints..

My judgment, due to the awe I hold of our Father, must always be mercy, lest I not receive the mercy which I desire. It would be foolhardy for me to believe my judgment amounts to a hill of beans let alone just one bean.

I posted such realizing the prophecies concerning the subject and knowing many are not aware of it.

I pray God Almighty blesses all, this means you also, with this understanding, knowing that we will not receive the mercy we desire without extending the same to all other. Again, may God bless you and hold you near always, amen.
Well, when we enter Heaven, all of our disagreements will be dissolved. Here, we see things less than clearly, so we are prone to not seeing things correctly always. Yes, I absolutely put myself under that umbrella. So, in not seeing things totally as they are, we will have disagreements. Ultimately, we are brothers in Christ. You may be mad at me or I may be frustrated by your political views, but ultimately, we both need to remember that we have the same Father. And, I commend you on your humble post.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Well, one man seems right until another comes forward and questions him. I'm not convinced that this is entirely correct. Something in my gut is telling me that this is wrong. But, I do not have specific facts to bear to back up my case. If I do, I'll come back to this. Until then, the debate is yours.
You aren't wrong in that the whole student loan program is handled incorrectly and increasing in being handled wrong. And that keeping people paying after their forgiveness date was also wrong....

The whole "blanket forgiveness" part was yet another step in the wrong direction without giving the program an overhaul simultaneously. It's trying to buy votes from working, productive citizens. (Which Biden is in desperate need of) But the result is going to be increased tuition and fees associated with post secondary institutions. (Should people get government student loans for acting classes?)

These days college educations are not as valuable as they once were. Experience is much more valuable for most companies. But the price of college degrees has skyrocketed up to the point of unaffordability and unviability.

Meaning the education is not worth the cost. And forgiving student loans is only going to make it worse.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
You aren't wrong in that the whole student loan program is handled incorrectly and increasing in being handled wrong. And that keeping people paying after their forgiveness date was also wrong....

The whole "blanket forgiveness" part was yet another step in the wrong direction without giving the program an overhaul simultaneously. It's trying to buy votes from working, productive citizens. (Which Biden is in desperate need of) But the result is going to be increased tuition and fees associated with post secondary institutions. (Should people get government student loans for acting classes?)

These days college educations are not as valuable as they once were. Experience is much more valuable for most companies. But the price of college degrees has skyrocketed up to the point of unaffordability and unviability.

Meaning the education is not worth the cost. And forgiving student loans is only going to make it worse.
I must agree with your overall assessment of college and its price / benefit ratio. Between the ideological indoctrination and the exorbitant costs, not to mention the asinine majors that can be gotten (gender studies?????), I'd push to have my kid go to a vocational school and / or even get an apprenticeship somewhere. Believe it or not, I never went to an art school to get into 3D animation. I taught myself on my own time, and got into a studio that was willing to mentor me. Not a dime spent on CG classes in a college. (However, I do have an aesthetic eye, and that was developed at a city college in NYC. But, that got me nowhere, at least directly. It did, however, help me with what it is I did later for around 20 years.)