Why Won't I Vote for Trump?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 9, 2011
Is there a difference between lying and murder?
Are they really equal?

Before you try to spiritualize this, to circumvent the argument, let's make it simpler:
Hypothetically: would you rather be lied to, or murdered?

That should clear up the moral dilemma.

Im not God.

Dec 9, 2011
sad the we have gotten to the place where when abortion is mentioned, it is no longer a automatic " no", as it should be..
I say no to abortion also but that doesn’t make cheating on your wife while she Is pregnant right.IOW vote for a different republican.🙂

Jul 18, 2017
Then it's time for a rebirth of reverence for the founding principles.
Before that can happen there must be a purging of the traitors. Which means drastic action which no one will take. The Founding Fathers were willing to give their lives for freedom from British tyranny and many patriots did give their lives. Those days are over. The virus of Communism has infected everything.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
A two minute summary of the Jack Smith case, Fanni Willis case and the NY trial with Stormy Daniels

Jul 18, 2017
I say no to abortion also but that doesn’t make cheating on your wife while she Is pregnant right.IOW vote for a different republican.🙂
Another silly comment. "Vote for a RINO" and keep on supporting the Communists. And sleazy comments are your specialty. What about Biden's pedophilia, and cheating with his daughter, and all the creepy advances on little girls even to this day? And then we have the woman who accused him of rape fearing for herself because he will be vengeful. Nothing to see there is it?

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Cause & Effect:
There are many areas in life where God allows us some choices, to either bless or curse ourselves through natural cause and effect.
A.) You can spend your Saturday at the gym getting healthy, or spend it drinking and smoking... your choice.
B.) You can get up and go to work on time, or go to work late and get fired... your choice.

Choice in Voting:
A.) If God CHOOSES to place us in a society where we have some ability to vote, then God has once again allowed us to bless or curse ourselves, in that domain, through natural cause and effect. If we have this kind of choice, it was God's will to allow it.
B.) God doesn't have to give us this particular choice, many nations through history never had this choice, and God may remove this choice... but for now God has placed us in a society where we have this choice.

Natural Destruction:
A.)
Often in scripture, and through history, God enacts his judgement by merely ALLOWING people to have what they want.
B.) We seem to be in that situation now.
C.) If we want to vote for an evil person, God will use that person to bring the destruction we deserve... and the fact we deserve destruction is proven by the fact we chose an evil leader.
D.) If however we vote for someone good, or even just "less bad", then we reap the natural consequence - we reap the natural "cause and effect" relationship of that choice which God has ALLOWED.

The philosophy of voting isn't complicated, yet we make it so:
A.)
If God places us in a society where we can make certain choices, and we choose evil... then we reap the reward of our evil choices.
B.) If God places us in a society where we can make certain choices, and we choose better... then we reap the reward of our better choices.

Conclusion:
1.)
Sometimes God does give us choices, and he allows us to initiate blessing or cursing by those choices.
2.) You can put your hand in a fire, or put it in your pocket... we all have choices like that.
3.) In societies where GOD ALLOWS US TO VOTE, GOD HAS AFFORDED US CERTAIN CHOICES - so we should be thankful, and wise, and make good use of those choices.
As most, I'm not happy with the two major party candidates, and have voted for "3rd parties" before. We need Rank Order Voting for all our elections. What's your own personal thoughts on voting a 3rd party in this US presidential election considering Rank Order is not yet established?

Apr 18, 2013
As most, I'm not happy with the two major party candidates, and have voted for "3rd parties" before. We need Rank Order Voting for all our elections. What's your own personal thoughts on voting a 3rd party in this US presidential election considering Rank Order is not yet established?
How To Vote:
1.) I think you should study your Bible, pray a lot, study the issues, and then vote your conscience.
2.) If people would do those things, it would improve the world a lot.... regardless of my opinions.

My opinion on a 3rd party?
I don't see a 3rd party candidate having any serious chance, at this point in time, in a presidential election.
But ya know... I also don't run the universe.
: )