Baltimore Ship Collision "accident" doesn't pass the smell test

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Panama is suffering a drought and the Mid East is at war.
But Panama is mainly a shipping conduit for the foreign nations. They personally have little to do with economic production.
I can see how Israel may be a major offense to those north African nations that trade with USA though.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
But Panama is mainly a shipping conduit for the foreign nations. They personally have little to do with economic production.
I can see how Israel may be a major offense to those north African nations that trade with USA though.
These canals are like bridges for world trade, if you shut them down you are crimping world trade and that will cause shortages and inflation and lower GDPs.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
These canals are like bridges for world trade, if you shut them down you are crimping world trade and that will cause shortages and inflation and lower GDPs.
That's a good point.
I'm wondering how we personally make the most of the time we have before more bridges and canals go down? Warfare these days, like the coming WW3, would quickly eliminate those. Products, even necessities like food and fuel are globally traded. There are no longer hardly any local small subsistence farms . Even those are monoculture, grains for livestock mainly.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Large Barge Hits Texas Bridge, Causes Partial Collapse & Spills Chemicals Into Gulf Of Mexico
by Kelen McBreen
May 15th 2024, 12:52 pm

Crash only the latest in a string of bizarre incidents involving boats and aircraft

Images out of Galveston, Texas, show a barge ran into the Pelican Island Bridge on Wednesday, causing a partial collapse and sending unknown chemicals into the water.

The bridge has been shut down for traffic on both sides, and the barge was struck by large pieces of concrete and train tracks.

lol, before the media makes this look like the sky is falling someone from Texas might point out a few things....I grew up about 20 miles north of Pelican Island on Galveston Bay...

Pelican Island is not on the Gulf of Mexico it's on the Galveston Bay side south of Galveston Island(in Galveston bay)... There were only about 200 people on it at the time (vacation homes and visitors at the park),, and if you look real close at the last photo in the link at the RR tracks you can see their covered with rust,weeds ect. because the train hasn't ran on that track in years(the one the barge hit)... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelican_Island_(Texas)

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
lol, before the media makes this look like the sky is falling someone from Texas might point out a few things....I grew up about 20 miles north of Pelican Island on Galveston Bay...

Pelican Island is not on the Gulf of Mexico it's on the Galveston Bay side south of Galveston Island(in Galveston bay)... There were only about 200 people on it at the time (vacation homes and visitors at the park),, and if you look real close at the last photo in the link at the RR tracks you can see their covered with rust,weeds ect. because the train hasn't ran on that track in years(the one the barge hit)... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelican_Island_(Texas)
Thanks for adding your personal knowledge to the conversation.

I don't see this as another Boston Harbor event, but can't think of another thread to post this at. I decided that it deserves to go here as another example of bridge hit by ship/ barge.

That said, the point ZNP brought up seems worthy of consideration as a separate subject. IMHO.

Let's pray that the sky over us never does fall like it is in Ukraine and Palestine.

We've had thousands of barges travel up and down the Monogahela River all of my life. Maybe it's been a wonder that I've never heard of one hitting a bridge.