History and true history and authority of scripture and Christendom.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Couldn’t have said that better. However I do

It’s funny because the difference between humility you and the other man have is so real. I suggest highly that you reread the sermons to the Pharisees before trying to divinate what my foundation of belief are. I answer to God not you.
As all do, whether believe or not that God raised Son from the dead or not, again I ask do you believe God raised Son Jesus from the dead>?
Yes, or no please, so we can continue, if you say no, then okay or yes. I desire to learn too and share as well too, thank you. I see clearly this

'

Romans 2:1-4

Authorized (King James) Version

2 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. 2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. 3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? 4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

And have not judged you, only asked you and you are not answering and you have posted you want to share your truth, please then share it

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Couldn’t have said that better. However I do

It’s funny because the difference between humility you and the other man have is so real. I suggest highly that you reread the sermons to the Pharisees before trying to divinate what my foundation of belief are. I answer to God not you.
Sorry, not interested in an argument. Have a blessed day.

Mar 16, 2024
O
Sorry, not interested in an argument. Have a blessed day.
I do understand to a degree because atheists and some agnostics just like the confrontation; but that is not the basis nor want for this MUCH needed conversation.

Mar 16, 2024
As all do, whether believe or not that God raised Son from the dead or not, again I ask do you believe God raised Son Jesus from the dead>?
Yes, or no please, so we can continue, if you say no, then okay or yes. I desire to learn too and share as well too, thank you. I see clearly this

'

Romans 2:1-4

2 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. 2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. 3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? 4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

And have not judged you, only asked you and you are not answering and you have posted you want to share your truth, please then share it
I know you weren’t judging in fact I thought your responses were beautiful and thought out to a point where I used it as a comparison. Sorry for that confusion

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Guys tonight I will be writing about the early Judeo Christian foundations of the Church as well as the Septuagint Bible (the Jewish cannon of Old Testament scriptures) as well as other Hebrew Scriptures Christ used. As well as the early Christian and Jewish responses to the mysteries of the Resurrection and Pentecost and how they laid the foundations of the modern Judaic Bible as well as the New Testament
Is your heritage and lineage Jewish?
If not, what makes you believe you know about Judeo beliefs if you have never lived them or raised in them?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I know you weren’t judging in fact I thought your responses were beautiful and thought out to a point where I used it as a comparison. Sorry for that confusion
Thank you as I stand in willingness to learn and not do wrong again, seeing presently not under Law anymore as was in past, seeing what Paul says in Romans

Romans 7:10

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

been under the curse of the Law, that be my first born me in the way for me to do right and not see

Galatians 3:10-26

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man’s covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto. 16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. 17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. 18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. 22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Mar 16, 2024
If not, what makes you believe you know about Judeo beliefs if you have never lived them or raised in them?
lol partially it is. Second because you HAVE to study it to know the foundation of Christianity. Comments like this show exactly why this conversation is needed.

Mar 16, 2024
You actually totally clocked me because I’m a reconstructionist Jew with messianic Christian beliefs. Or you can just call me messianic. lol I recommend anyone to listen to Rabbi Amy Berenstein for a look into the OT like you never had lol

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
lol partially it is. Second because you HAVE to study it to know the foundation of Christianity. Comments like this show exactly why this conversation is needed.
Insight is good to hear and know from within the self to us from God Father in the Holy Spirit confirming it to us, at least me
'
There is a book called the Prince of the house of David, seriously to me enlightening of this grace given us through Son from Father of Jesus to us as a free gift to appreciate and then do willingly as called to love all the same as Son did first on that cross for us all

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
I have my doubts.
There's so much that books don't even mention let alone go into detail enough that's not related to Christianity. I only expect some copy/paste version that anyone can get from online from you. But we shall see.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
You actually totally clocked me because I’m a reconstructionist Jew with messianic Christian beliefs. Or you can just call me messianic. lol I recommend anyone to listen to Rabbi Amy Berenstein for a look into the OT like you never had lol
Well, then you might be thorough. We shall see (y)

Mar 16, 2024
I have my doubts.
There's so much that books don't even mention let alone go into detail enough that's not related to Christianity. I only expect some copy/paste version that anyone can get from online from you. But we shall see.
That actually excites me to no end. I look forward to meeting your expectations as such. I do understand the frustration. Christianity as a whole unit has one of thee most complex if not most complex history of any religion. I look forward to discussing these topics with all you.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
That actually excites me to no end. I look forward to meeting your expectations as such. I do understand the frustration. Christianity as a whole unit has one of thee most complex if not most complex history of any religion. I look forward to discussing these topics with all you.
Same here..(y)

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Christianity, the Church, and the Bible today look very different then they did in their earliest inceptions. It´s hard for most Christians and secular people even today to imagine the world without the influences of all monotheistic religion; however at the time at and around of the death of Jesus such was the case. Not many modern-day Christians or secular individuals aside from some historians, apologetics, as well as priests and educated ministers, truly grasp know and understand the history of the church; all of it; and all of them in its entirety.
What truly makes the Bible authoritative and the word of God?
What are the Vulgate and Vernacular Bibles?
Is it true that in the early days of the Church that the Bible didn't exist?
What is the Nag Hammadi and what does it tell us about the history of scripture doctrine dogma and heresy?
Is it true that all Protestant Religions are fathered by the Catholic Church?
What was the great schism in the early second millennium?
Why did the crusades happen?
Did Saul physically witness the resurrected Christ or did he only see him in visions after his conversion into Paul.
Why and how did the Kings and monarchs of medieval Europe claim they were selected by God himself to rule mankind and why did this impact the trajectory of the history of the church.
Who are the reconstructionist movements and why are their biblical histories distorted?

These and more questions I will be answering on this thread. This will not be a discussion of scripture alone; however scripture will be used to reference meanings and history. If there is anything you want to hear about let me know. This will be outlined with proven historical facts, and no theories, theology, dogma, or heresies are going to be discussed or implied.
I'm a little reluctant to even post this as I certainly don't want to offend you or be accused of being a Pharisee. However, I do have to say it and then I'll be leaving this thread alone.

You seem to think there's something truly important in all of these things that Christians need to be made aware of; like most Christians are are a bunch of ignorant morons who need educating. Let me tell you about the Christianity I know. A lot of Christians aren't educated scholars; but they don't need to be. A relationship with the Lord Jesus isn't about how much history you know, but how well you love Him and love your neighbors. I'd rather be an ignorant moron who has the blessing of Him than all the education in the world. That's why I've lost all interest in this. Adios.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I'm a little reluctant to even post this as I certainly don't want to offend you or be accused of being a Pharisee. However, I do have to say it and then I'll be leaving this thread alone.

You seem to think there's something truly important in all of these things that Christians need to be made aware of; like most Christians are are a bunch of ignorant morons who need educating. Let me tell you about the Christianity I know. A lot of Christians aren't educated scholars; but they don't need to be. A relationship with the Lord Jesus isn't about how much history you know, but how well you love Him and love your neighbors. I'd rather be an ignorant moron who has the blessing of Him than all the education in the world. That's why I've lost all interest in this. Adios.
Esoteric knowledge does not save
Careful, watch out straining out gnats, and swallowing a camel.
Be wise as a serpent and remain harmless as a dove
listen to everyone, take all to Father in prayer for any errors, thanks watching listening and seeing what is said further, I might learn something that is needed to be learned since my Daddy always turns everything into the good to see it as true or not, Daddy, the Father of the risen Son knows best. Always seeking Gold nuggets out of it all
Seeing the Bible as a whole gigantic love letter to us the people from Father of the risen Son for us to be new in love to all with mercy in that also

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Not many modern-day Christians or secular individuals aside from some historians, apologetics, as well as priests and educated ministers, truly grasp know and understand the history of the church; all of it; and all of them in its entirety.
None of that really matters. All Christians (and non-Christians) have access to the Bible -- the Word of God itself (in the KJB and corresponding translations in other languages). And the only thing that matters now and in eternity is the Gospel and the Word of God. The first priority must be for all to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. And that is God's truth, not human history.

While history is interesting as a sideline, we need to keep in mind that history was primarily written by the conquerors, not the conquered. So there is an automatic bias in history. And today, idiots are trying to re-write history in their own image. No lessons have been learned from history either, as we see in the useless Ukraine-Russia conflict being fought as a proxy war by the West. That is why we have the saying "History repeats itself".

Mar 16, 2024
So having just left work I’m more free to begin this journey with you all. As John so started the gospel “In the beginning was the word” so to shall we start at the beginning with the creation story.
None of that really matters. All Christians (and non-Christians) have access to the Bible -- the Word of God itself (in the KJB and corresponding translations in other languages). And the only thing that matters now and in eternity is the Gospel and the Word of God. The first priority must be for all to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. And that is God's truth, not human history.

While history is interesting as a sideline, we need to keep in mind that history was primarily written by the conquerors, not the conquered. So there is an automatic bias in history. And today, idiots are trying to re-write history in their own image. No lessons have been learned from history either, as we see in the useless Ukraine-Russia conflict being fought as a proxy war by the West. That is why we have the saying "History repeats itself".
Definitely wrong and if you don’t know the history of the Bible you don’t know it at all. So?

Mar 16, 2024

She that’s all fine and well until I say what God truly speaks through me and what Jesus specifically says and then the message is scary. Because truly Jesus does have a relationship with you but guess what he had on with Paul who said other things then what you believe . So did Thomas Moses etc. See what can be an objectionable discussion of actual church history turns into one about my personage because the reality is you’re afraid that SOMETHING one small thing even may be contradictory to the theology you’re engrained in may be spoken of. I’m not here trying to shake or bother yours or anyone else’s here belief system. I want to strengthen it and when all else is misunderstood PLEASE go to your closet and speak to God and Jesus just like you can. I ENCOURAGE IT. no the reality most Christian’s don’t know jack you know what about it but JUST LIKE YOU God reveals his truth perfectly through scripture and other ways like talking to him through your spirit. It’s just called reason and conscious.