The Law Is Out Of Date And Will "SOON DISAPPEAR"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
The Law of Moses was a mere pattern, a symbol of something better and greater to come. It has no Power whatsoever. None. It is a completely ineffectual Law that couldn't save a gnat.
The Law of Moses is too often equated as the Law of Christ but is only power was to bring death, and Christ is missing from the Law with His only substance in it as that of His shadow. What sensible being would try to take hold of a shadow, when it seems obvious that would only be an exercise in futility, especially when the substance is Him which stands so near to as to be enveloped into His embrace?

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
My post highlights demonstrates that word choice is just as important punctuation. I actually meant hard to find. I wonder if I had employed commas, would the reception been different?
Lol, probably not. I was certain that you had spoken in jest but do agree in regard to your skill in evasion in term of comprehension. Golly, I can't seem to avoid coming across so harshly, perhaps it is in spite of myself, and there might probably need be a comma placed somewhere in there.

vassal

Jan 20, 2024
Only God knows who is teaching false doctrine or not. There's tests in scripture like 1 John 2:3-4 Isa 8:20 , Many so called believers got it so wrong with Jesus that they even crucified Him. Best to leave that in His hands, there is nothing we can hide from Him.

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:

Fear God and keep His commandments,
For this is man’s all.
14 For God will bring every work into judgment,
Including every secret thing,
Whether good or evil.
some tests also in the old testament, they are important also but often neglected.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Dispensationalism developed as a system from the teachings of John Nelson Darby, considered by some to be the father of dispensationalism (1800–1882), who strongly influenced the Plymouth Brethren of the 1830s in Ireland and England

This teaching is were alot of rubbish about God changing the way He rules comes from. The Bible doesn't support it.

It is a twisted belief and the God I serve doesn't change.

One rule for some and another rule for others. Disorder and no certainty, with dispensationalism, you can belief all sorts of laws and say it is a new order.. anything goes. God is the same yesterday and today. The Bible is the our only way to test all things.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Psa 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

The moral law has not changed....

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
The Law of Moses is too often equated as the Law of Christ but is only power was to bring death, and Christ is missing from the Law with His only substance in it as that of His shadow. What sensible being would try to take hold of a shadow, when it seems obvious that would only be an exercise in futility, especially when the substance is Him which stands so near to as to be enveloped into His embrace?
I'm sorry. You'll have to dumb-this-down for me.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Wiser man than I was lol
Well, thank you. I suppose I see things a bit differently than many others: I'm not sure that it's my duty to convince anyone of anything; that would be the Work of the Spirit. If, after short exchanges, and there is no end in sight to resolving understandings, my desire to convince would take away from the Power of the Gospel. I don't want to get in the way of God. :)

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Well, thank you. I suppose I see things a bit differently than many others: I'm not sure that it's my duty to convince anyone of anything; that would be the Work of the Spirit. If, after short exchanges, and there is no end in sight to resolving understandings, my desire to convince would take away from the Power of the Gospel. I don't want to get in the way of God. :)
Yep I wait awhile I to my forehead is bruised 🙂 but it’s a wise move indeed bro

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Jesus is far superior to Moses. The reality is always greater than its symbol. Some don't seem to understand this.
How did I do @Mem?
Mem's last sentence is an intellectual beast! :D
Cameron143 a prayer answered before the asking, as my dumbing down seems only end up numbing down. I'll blame dyslexia.
I should commission Cam to write an edition of Intellectual Rambling for Dummies.