The Law Is Out Of Date And Will "SOON DISAPPEAR"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Romans 5:12-14a Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, so also death was passed on to all men, because all sinned. For sin was in the world before the law was given; but sin is not taken into account when there is no law. Nevertheless, death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who did not sin in the way that Adam transgressed.
This is talking about the laws that were added because of sin...
Laws were in place before the added laws.

Murder was sin from the start.

Gen 2:16-17
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

This was a law before sin... the moral law was always there.

Lev 6:25 Speak unto Aaron and to his sons, saying, This is the law of the sin offering: In the place where the burnt offering is killed shall the sin offering be killed before the LORD: it is most holy.

The sin offering Laws were introduced because of sin. which means sin was in the world before the law was given...

Be clear which law is being referenced.

Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Moses recieved many laws 430 years after Abraham..
The moral laws were in place before Abraham, and after Christ so it is not referring to the moral laws.

Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Yes, but Paul taught, and proved, that the Mysterious Plan of God has been kept hidden from the beginning. So, is the Message of God plain to see, or has it been kept a hidden Mystery?
I need you to give me a scripture where Paul proves what you’re saying.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
In Christ, every single mystery has been revealed in the Bible.

studier

Apr 18, 2024
While I appreciate all your time and effort into writing your previous post to me, the last two show that you're simply not understanding what I am conveying. And this may be for good reason; I have no idea. I can't remember who I've said what to around here, and it's possible that you may have missed some of the things I've previously said.

That said, I've run out of energy trying to explain this position, for the ultra clear words that I have used simply have not worked. And they don't need to. I am no one. If God wants a person to know certain ideas and concepts . . . it will be done.

So, you have a great evening!

Understood.

I'll wrap by saying the Law still exists. It's simply a matter of using it properly in the light of the New Covenant and Law of Christ. I see no Scripture that says the Law no longer exists and think, FWIW, that you should reconsider the statement. One thought would be to peak in here and maybe become involved in the discussion.

BTW, you are someone, and in Him you are one of the most valuable creatures in the universe. We siblings should never forget this. Oddly enough it's part of our humility as it defers entirely to Him.

vassal

Jan 20, 2024
Yes, but Paul taught, and proved, that the Mysterious Plan of God has been kept hidden from the beginning. So, is the Message of God plain to see, or has it been kept a hidden Mystery?
2Th 2:9 The coming of the lawless one will be accompanied by the working of Satan, with every kind of power, sign, and false wonder,
2Th 2:10 and with every wicked deception directed against those who are perishing, because they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them.
2Th 2:11 For this reason God will send them a powerful delusion so that they believe the lie,
2Th 2:12 in order that judgment may come upon all who have disbelieved the truth and delighted in wickedness

Many of you here will not listen to Christ who was with absolute certainty, teaching the commandments but instead prefer following a strong delusion, and follow the wide path of disobedience. Repent! forthe kingdom of heaven is near! If you believed Jesus, you would listen to him! it is The commandments that will free you from sin! without them we are lost!

Jhn 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Dec 13, 2023
2Th 2:9 The coming of the lawless one will be accompanied by the working of Satan, with every kind of power, sign, and false wonder,
2Th 2:10 and with every wicked deception directed against those who are perishing, because they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them.
2Th 2:11 For this reason God will send them a powerful delusion so that they believe the lie,
2Th 2:12 in order that judgment may come upon all who have disbelieved the truth and delighted in wickedness

Many of you here will not listen to Christ who was with absolute certainty, teaching the commandments but instead prefer following a strong delusion, and follow the wide path of disobedience. Repent! forthe kingdom of heaven is near! If you believed Jesus, you would listen to him! it is The commandments that will free you from sin! without them we are lost!

Jhn 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
There's so many scriptures that support this, the strong delusion

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

And regardless how many times you quote Jesus telling us not to break the least of these commandments, not to keep the commandments of man over the commandments of God quoting from the Ten, people just don't believe.

It's a sad place to be.
Pro 28:9 One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, Even his prayer is an abomination.

What's even more dangerous is the teaching that the law of Christ is not the commandments of God and they do not include the Ten Commandments-that God who is Jesus personally wrote and personal spoke or that we can edit one of them as if man is above God, despite God saying He will not alter His words Psa 89:34 and Jesus saying not a jot or tittle can pass from His law Mat 5:18

I believe our time on earth is coming to a close and why God is calling all of the people He loves so very much to come out of their false teachings Rev 18:4 we must worship Him in Truth and Spirit John 4:21-22 and all of His commandments are Truth Psa 119:151 and there is no truth in us when we do not keep the commandments 1 John 2:4 and we worship in vain when keeping our rules over the commandments of God Mat 15:3-14 compared to true worship Rev 14:12

Keeping the Ten Commandments through the power of Jesus John 14:15-18 is what frees us from sin and why its called the law of liberty.

James 2:10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
This is probably going to be buried....

But the Law of Moses was given so that people could know how to live their lives in a way that was pleasing to God. Rules and more Laws were added to help stem the sinning through loopholes in the codified Law.

Then Jesus came and fulfilled the Law by demonstrating how to live a life pleasing to God. And in some ways broke rules meant to stop sin. But Jesus did not sin or encourage others to do so.

We killed him for it.

So where the codified Law is obsolete we have a New Covenant that demonstrates how to live a sacrificial life pleasing to God.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
indeed foret he told them this

“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:17-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

then he explained it after he died and rose

“And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,( the Old Testament law and prophets is the only scripture at this point ) and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭24:44-48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the doctrine is no longer what Moses said but what the lord has said in his word and his word in the gospel is not just for Israel it’s for all people of all nations it’s the everlasting covenant according to the everlasting word and everlasting blood shed according to those words

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Thanking Father, Son for this gift given and giving this to all that will not quit belief to god, no matter what troubles one might go through
LOVE, God's Love (1 Cor 13:4-7, 13) Love all, forgive all, just as God forgave all by through Son for all, it its done (John 19:30)
Before the cross of Jesus, we the people we're required to love and to forgive too be loved and forgiven.

After the cross, I see we are to see to love and forgive now, because we are now loved and forgiven in Son at that cross for the cross over.

Colossians 3:12-13

Authorized (King James) Version

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 13 forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

But the Law of Moses was given so that people could know how to live their lives in a way that was pleasing to God. Rules and more Laws were added to help stem the sinning through loopholes in the codified Law.

Then Jesus came and fulfilled the Law by demonstrating how to live a life pleasing to God. And in some ways broke rules meant to stop sin. But Jesus did not sin or encourage others to do so.

We killed him for it.

So where the codified Law is obsolete we have a New Covenant that demonstrates how to live a sacrificial life pleasing to God.
I get it, thank you for this view you are seeing from God to you, in truth. The First chosen took the Law and wanted to use it righteously and added to it to make it right, and saw no way can they.
Then Jesus came and told them the greatest of the Law, all Law is :LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
1 Cor 13:4-7,13 me, now seeing this about the Ten Laws
The First four are, Love God, Jesus's Father with all you got, everything, God Father and Son first, yet he did not say himself, yet Jesus is included IMOP as God with God.
The last six are like the first, it is the outflow of the first four, Love all as God loves you.
The Question then is: How many sins are forgiven for you in God for you by Son for you, even if you sin again, whether one wants to or not?

Focus on the good, not the bad. As person thinks so are they. Whatever one focuses on the most, is what one does as the outcome.
If anyone, whoever, focuses on sin, to not sin again will sin again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. that is my experience and I see is everyone else's also. Whether or not another admits this or not. That is why God sent Son, because God does love us all
otherwise it would all be over and not even Noah would have gotten saved back in Gen 6

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
There's so many scriptures that support this, the strong delusion

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

And regardless how many times you quote Jesus telling us not to break the least of these commandments, not to keep the commandments of man over the commandments of God quoting from the Ten, people just don't believe.

It's a sad place to be.
Pro 28:9 One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, Even his prayer is an abomination.

What's even more dangerous is the teaching that the law of Christ is not the commandments of God and they do not include the Ten Commandments-that God who is Jesus personally wrote and personal spoke or that we can edit one of them as if man is above God, despite God saying He will not alter His words Psa 89:34 and Jesus saying not a jot or tittle can pass from His law Mat 5:18

I believe our time on earth is coming to a close and why God is calling all of the people He loves so very much to come out of their false teachings Rev 18:4 we must worship Him in Truth and Spirit John 4:21-22 and all of His commandments are Truth Psa 119:151 and there is no truth in us when we do not keep the commandments 1 John 2:4 and we worship in vain when keeping our rules over the commandments of God Mat 15:3-14 compared to true worship Rev 14:12

Keeping the Ten Commandments through the power of Jesus John 14:15-18 is what frees us from sin and why its called the law of liberty.

James 2:10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.
The Law of liberty is: Love
1 Cor 13:4-7, that only God can do through us, those that are willing for God and Son to lead them in the Holy Spirit of God given them. Thank you for seeing The Law of liberty over the literal Law(s)

Dec 13, 2023

We killed him for it.

Are you referring to the Ten Commandments as the law of Moses?

May I show you what the scripture says?

God the Creator of everything- who is not Moses- he is the creation- alone wrote the Ten Commandments

Exodus 31:18 And when He (God) had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.

There is NO greater Authority than God. He alone personally wrote and personally spoke His eternal law that defines sin 1 John 3:4 James 2:10-12 Rom 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 and defines God's standard of righteous living Psa 119:172 which is everlasting Psa 119:142 so we don't depend on our righteousness which is as fifthly rags. Isaiah 64:6

Q. Who's work is the Ten Commandments- God's or Moses?

A.Exo 32:16 16 Now the tablets were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God engraved on the tablets.

Q. What did God call His Ten Commandments? Again written by the finger of God.

A. Exodus 20:6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

Never are the Ten Commanemtns called the law of Moses.

Q.What did God the Ten Commandments? The covenant of Moses?

A. Deut 4:13 So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.
A. Exodus 34:28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He (God) wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

So only the Ten Commandments was what was the words of the covenant written personally by the finger of God.

Q. Did God add anything else to His covenant?
A. Deut 5:22 “These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

After God wrote and spoke the Ten Commandments, His covenant He added no more. It is a standalone unit given by the Authority of God to His nation of Israel which represents His people.

Can you tell me where it says the Ten Commandments is the law of Moses? Moses handwrote others laws in a book that held the curses and blessings for disobeying what was inside the ark of the Covenant- the Ten Commandments- what all man will be judged by James 2"10-12 Mat 5:19-30 Ecc 12:13-14 Rev 22:14-15 why if didn't start in Mt Sinai but it is in God's heavenly Temple Rev 11:19 and breaking God's law is what seperated man from God isa 59:2 and is why Lucifer was kicked out of heaven 1 John 3:8

Did Jesus ever teach we don't have to keep the commandments of God? In His own Words told us not to break the least of these and when keeping our rules over the commanemnts of God our hearts are far from Him- the opposite of the New Covenant- God's laws written in our hearts.

I pray this helps. :)

Dec 13, 2023
The Law of liberty is: Love
1 Cor 13:4-7, that only God can do through us, those that are willing for God and Son to lead them in the Holy Spirit of God given them. Thank you for seeing The Law of liberty over the literal Law(s)
It doesn't say the law of liberty so adding what is not there and taking away from one is there is never a good idea Pro 30:5-6

James 2:10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty. What law did thou shalt not commit adultery or murder come from. You will only find it in Ten Commandments and the He who said is God. No greater Authority!

The basis of the Ten Commandments is love. Love to God, love to man 1 John 5:2-3. But love does not go undefined in scripture- its not something that each of us can define love and ignore God's definition, in essence it is making one their own god breaking the very first commandment Exo 20:3

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

God the Creator of everything- who is not Moses- he is the creation- alone wrote the Ten Commandments

Exodus 31:18 And when He (God) had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.

There is NO greater Authority than God. He alone personally wrote and personally spoke His eternal law that defines sin 1 John 3:4 James 2:10-12 Rom 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 and defines God's standard of righteous living Psa 119:172 which is everlasting Psa 119:142 so we don't depend on our righteousness which is as fifthly rags. Isaiah 64:6

A.Exo 32:16 16 Now the tablets were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God engraved on the tablets.

A. Exodus 20:6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

A. Deut 4:13 So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.
A. Exodus 34:28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He (God) wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

So only the Ten Commandments was what was the words of the covenant written personally by the finger of God.

A. Deut 5:22 “These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

After God wrote and spoke the Ten Commandments, His covenant He added no more. It is a standalone unit given by the Authority of God to His nation of Israel which represents His people.

Can you tell me where it says the Ten Commandments is the law of Moses? Moses handwrote others laws in a book that held the curses and blessings for disobeying what was inside the ark of the Covenant- the Ten Commandments- what all man will be judged by James 2"10-12 Mat 5:19-30 Ecc 12:13-14 Rev 22:14-15 why if didn't start in Mt Sinai but it is in God's heavenly Temple Rev 11:19 and breaking God's law is what seperated man from God isa 59:2 and is why Lucifer was kicked out of heaven 1 John 3:8

Did Jesus ever teach we don't have to keep the commandments of God? In His own Words told us not to break the least of these and when keeping our rules over the commanemnts of God our hearts are far from Him- the opposite of the New Covenant- God's laws written in our hearts.

Love all, as God loves us first, as is done for us all by Son on that cross for us to believe and cross over with Jesus, thanks
one can now, when see the truth and are a part of the truth, yell as Jesus did in John 19:30 It is finished too, thank you and simply be new in love and mercy to all. seeing to not be fighting of the flesh nature anymore. Forgiving all as God has by Son forgiven us first.
"Forgive them Father, they know not what they are doing."

Amazing Grace as I see it now as God Raises a Child Eternal
Entering God's courts with thanksgiving and praise by Son taking all sin away for us to stand in, as far as the east is from the west

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
It doesn't say the law of liberty so adding what is not there and taking away from one is there is never a good idea Pro 30:5-6

James 2:10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty. What law did thou shalt not commit adultery or murder come from. You will only find it in Ten Commandments and the He who said is God. No greater Authority!

The basis of the Ten Commandments is love. Love to God, love to man 1 John 5:2-3. But love does not go undefined in scripture- its not something that each of us can define love and ignore God's definition, in essence it is making one their own god breaking the very first commandment Exo 20:3
okay tell me what part of God's love is not of this scripture

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5 doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6 rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7 beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

1. James 1:25
    But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. James 2:12
    So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

The literal Law, is misunderstood by flesh and blood people. The Law of Liberty is the Spirit of God leading the person in the new, John 4:23-24
I personally am not able to do the Law perfect is anyone else? I know not me, thank you
The law of Liberty is the Love of God as in 1 Cor 13:13 thank you

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021

The Law of Moses has 613 laws originally.
But the Law of Moses is obsolete. It's for spiritual toddlers.
And if you are obsessive about the Law then you need to leave all technology behind and live in a tent...because that's the culture it was written for. Take on the adopted Jew life and lifestyle. Find some Levites to make offerings for you because you are not allowed to approach God yourself. AND while you are at it, tell Jesus his sacrificial life and lifestyle weren't good enough for you. Good luck with that considering He is God.

God personally demonstrated how to live a sacrificial life. He broke Sabbath Laws regularly and often but DID NOT SIN.

I highly suggest you do the same. The day is not relevant. The heart is relevant.

Dec 13, 2023
The Law of Moses has 613 laws originally.
But the Law of Moses is obsolete. It's for spiritual toddlers.
And if you are obsessive about the Law then you need to leave all technology behind and live in a tent...because that's the culture it was written for. Take on the adopted Jew life and lifestyle. Find some Levites to make offerings for you because you are not allowed to approach God yourself. AND while you are at it, tell Jesus his sacrificial life and lifestyle weren't good enough for you. Good luck with that considering He is God.

God personally demonstrated how to live a sacrificial life. He broke Sabbath Laws regularly and often but DID NOT SIN.

I highly suggest you do the same. The day is not relevant. The heart is relevant.
Have I been speaking about the law of Moses or the Ten Commandments? Did you read the scriptures posted, there still seems to be some confusion about the difference.

Dec 13, 2023
okay tell me what part of God's love is not of this scripture

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5 doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6 rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7 beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

1. James 1:25
    But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. James 2:12
    So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

The literal Law, is misunderstood by flesh and blood people. The Law of Liberty is the Spirit of God leading the person in the new, John 4:23-24
I personally am not able to do the Law perfect is anyone else? I know not me, thank you
The law of Liberty is the Love of God as in 1 Cor 13:13 thank you
You keep quoting "you" on the law of Liberty and not quoting God's Word. James 2:10-12

James 1:25 is referring to James 2:10-12 the Ten Commandments. I find it odd you would not quote James 2:10-12

Lets provide the whole context....

James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. -
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

I find it interesting you claim we are not able to "do" the law of liberty but James says when we do not "do" but only hear- we deceive ourselves.

This is what the Ten Commandments does- it "shows us our sin" its like a mirror so we are not depending on our righteousness, but on God's Psa 119:172

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Then James specifically quotes from the Ten Commandments calling it the law of liberty. Your disagreement appears to be more with the Text.

Where did the law of thou shalt not murder and thou shalt not commit adulty come from? Who is the "He" who said?

Are you saying its impossible to not commit adultery or murder or break the least of these when we have the power of the Holy Spirit when we cooperate with Him John 14:15-18

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
You keep quoting "you" on the law of Liberty and not quoting God's Word. James 2:10-12

James 1:25 is referring to James 2:10-12 the Ten Commandments. I find it odd you would not quote James 2:10-12

Lets provide the whole context....

James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. -
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

I find it interesting you claim we are not able to "do" the law of liberty but James says when we do not "do" but only hear- we deceive ourselves.

This is what the Ten Commandments does- it "shows us our sin" its like a mirror so we are not depending on our righteousness, but on God's Psa 119:172

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Then James specifically quotes from the Ten Commandments calling it the law of liberty. Your disagreement appears to be more with the Text.

Where did the law of thou shalt not murder and thou shalt not commit adulty come from? Who is the "He" who said?

Are you saying its impossible to not commit adultery or murder or break the least of these when we have the power of the Holy Spirit when we cooperate with Him John 14:15-18
Wow the confusing, confusion of people, so sorry you do not understand and see to be a legalist, okay go on with yourself thank you

Dec 13, 2023
Wow the confusing, confusion of people, so sorry you do not understand and see to be a legalist, okay go on with yourself thank you
I think its only confusion when we deviate from God's Word and start adding our own words into God's Word instead of allowing Him to direct our path though His Word Pro 3:5-6

Obeying God the way He asks is not legalistic, its love according to God. :love:

John 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments.
Exodus 20: 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
John 15:10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

1 John 2:4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.