DANIEL CHAPTER 5

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
1 Thessalonians 4:13

Brothers, ἀδελφοί (adelphoi) Noun - Vocative Masculine Plural Strong's 80: A brother, member of the same religious community, especially a fellow-Christian. A brother near or remote.

we do not want θέλομεν (thelomen) Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Plural Strong's 2309: To will, wish, desire, be willing, intend, design.

you ὑμᾶς (hymas) Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative 2nd Person Plural Strong's 4771: You. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.

to be uninformed ἀγνοεῖν (agnoein) Verb - Present Infinitive Active Strong's 50: To do not know, be ignorant of, sometimes with the idea of willful ignorance.

about περὶ (peri) Preposition Strong's 4012: From the base of peran; properly, through, i.e. Around; figuratively with respect to; used in various applications, of place, cause or time.

those who τῶν (tōn) Article - Genitive Masculine Plural Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

sleep [ in death ], κοιμωμένων (koimōmenōn) Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Genitive Masculine Plural Strong's 2837: From keimai; to put to sleep, i.e. to slumber; figuratively, to decease.

so that ἵνα (hina) Conjunction Strong's 2443: In order that, so that. Probably from the same as the former part of heautou; in order that.

you will not grieve λυπῆσθε (lypēsthe) Verb - Present Subjunctive Middle or Passive - 2nd Person Plural Strong's 3076: To pain, grieve, vex. From lupe; to distress; reflexively or passively, to be sad.

like καθὼς (kathōs) Adverb Strong's 2531: According to the manner in which, in the degree that, just as, as. From kata and hos; just as, that.

the οἱ (hoi) Article - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

rest, λοιποὶ (loipoi) Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 3062: Left, left behind, the remainder, the rest, the others. Masculine plural of a derivative of leipo; remaining ones.

who οἱ (hoi) Article - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

are ἔχοντες (echontes) Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 2192: To have, hold, possess. Including an alternate form scheo skheh'-o; a primary verb; to hold.

without μὴ (mē) Adverb Strong's 3361: Not, lest. A primary particle of qualified negation; not, lest; also (whereas ou expects an affirmative one) whether.

hope. ἐλπίδα (elpida) Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular Strong's 1680: Hope, expectation, trust, confidence. From a primary elpo; expectation or confidence.

• Interesting verse for those who can understand it!

• But Jesus says the same all the time!

• So it is nothing new contrary to what many people may believe because of man's tradition!

• Those who sleep in death!

• If you sleep you can wake up or be awoken!

• And according to many burials,it appears that many people are without hope!

• Do they really believe?

• And in what?

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
1 Thessalonians 4:14

For γὰρ (gar) Conjunction Strong's 1063: For. A primary particle; properly, assigning a reason.

since εἰ (ei) Conjunction Strong's 1487: If. A primary particle of conditionality; if, whether, that, etc.

we believe πιστεύομεν (pisteuomen) Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Plural Strong's 4100: From pistis; to have faith, i.e. Credit; by implication, to entrust.

that ὅτι (hoti) Conjunction Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

Jesus Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous) Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular Strong's 2424: Of Hebrew origin; Jesus, the name of our Lord and two other Israelites.

died ἀπέθανεν (apethanen) Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular Strong's 599: To be dying, be about to die, wither, decay. From apo and thnesko; to die off.

and καὶ (kai) Conjunction Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

rose again, ἀνέστη (anestē) Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular Strong's 450: To raise up, set up; I rise from among (the) dead; I arise, appear. From ana and histemi; to stand up.

we also believe that οὕτως (houtōs) Adverb Strong's 3779: Thus, so, in this manner. Or (referring to what precedes or follows).

God Θεὸς (Theos) Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

will bring ἄξει (axei) Verb - Future Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular Strong's 71: A primary verb; properly, to lead; by implication, to bring, drive, go, pass, or induce.

with σὺν (syn) Preposition Strong's 4862: With. A primary preposition denoting union; with or together.

[Jesus] αὐτῷ (autō) Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Singular Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

those who τοὺς (tous) Article - Accusative Masculine Plural Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

have fallen asleep κοιμηθέντας (koimēthentas) Verb - Aorist Participle Passive - Accusative Masculine Plural Strong's 2837: From keimai; to put to sleep, i.e. to slumber; figuratively, to decease.

in διὰ (dia) Preposition Strong's 1223: A primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through.

[Him]. Ἰησοῦ (Iēsou) Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's 2424: Of Hebrew origin; Jesus, the name of our Lord and two other Israelites.

• We believe that Jesus died and rose again!

• God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him!

• Quite clear!

• But apparently not for the majority!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
1 Thessalonians 4:15

By ἐν (en) Preposition Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

[the] word λόγῳ (logō) Noun - Dative Masculine Singular Strong's 3056: From lego; something said; by implication, a topic, also reasoning or motive; by extension, a computation; specially, the Divine Expression.

of [the] Lord, Κυρίου (Kyriou) Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

we declare λέγομεν (legomen) Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Plural Strong's 3004: (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.

to you ὑμῖν (hymin) Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 2nd Person Plural Strong's 4771: You. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.

that ὅτι (hoti) Conjunction Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

we ἡμεῖς (hēmeis) Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 1st Person Plural Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

who are οἱ (hoi) Article - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

alive ζῶντες (zōntes) Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 2198: To live, be alive. A primary verb; to live.

[and] remain περιλειπόμενοι (perileipomenoi) Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 4035: To leave behind; pass: To be left behind, remain, survive. From peri and leipo; to leave all around, i.e. survive.

until εἰς (eis) Preposition Strong's 1519: A primary preposition; to or into, of place, time, or purpose; also in adverbial phrases.

the τὴν (tēn) Article - Accusative Feminine Singular Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

coming παρουσίαν (parousian) Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular Strong's 3952: From the present participle of pareimi; a being near, i.e. Advent; physically, aspect.

of the τοῦ (tou) Article - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

Lord Κυρίου (Kyriou) Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

will by no means precede φθάσωμεν (phthasōmen) Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 1st Person Plural Strong's 5348: Apparently a primary verb; to be beforehand, i.e. Anticipate or precede; by extension, to have arrived at.

those who τοὺς (tous) Article - Accusative Masculine Plural Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

have fallen asleep. κοιμηθέντας (koimēthentas) Verb - Aorist Participle Passive - Accusative Masculine Plural Strong's 2837: From keimai; to put to sleep, i.e. to slumber; figuratively, to decease.

• More to think about!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
1 Thessalonians 4:16

For ὅτι (hoti) Conjunction Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

the ὁ (ho) Article - Nominative Masculine Singular Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

Lord Κύριος (Kyrios) Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

Himself αὐτὸς (autos) Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative Masculine 3rd Person Singular Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

will descend καταβήσεται (katabēsetai) Verb - Future Indicative Middle - 3rd Person Singular Strong's 2597: To go down, come down, either from the sky or from higher land, descend. From kata and the base of basis; to descend.

from ἀπ’ (ap’) Preposition Strong's 575: From, away from. A primary particle; 'off, ' i.e. Away, in various senses.

heaven οὐρανοῦ (ouranou) Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's 3772: Perhaps from the same as oros; the sky; by extension, heaven; by implication, happiness, power, eternity; specially, the Gospel.

with ἐν (en) Preposition Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

a loud command, κελεύσματι (keleusmati) Noun - Dative Neuter Singular Strong's 2752: A word of command, a call, an arousing outcry. From keleuo; a cry of incitement.

with ἐν (en) Preposition Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

the voice φωνῇ (phōnē) Noun - Dative Feminine Singular Strong's 5456: Probably akin to phaino through the idea of disclosure; a tone; by implication, an address, saying or language.

of an archangel, ἀρχαγγέλου (archangelou) Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's 743: A ruler of angels, a superior angel, an archangel. From archo and aggelos; a chief angel.

[the] trumpet σάλπιγγι (salpingi) Noun - Dative Feminine Singular Strong's 4536: A trumpet, the sound of a trumpet. Perhaps from salos; a trumpet.

of God, Θεοῦ (Theou) Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

the οἱ (hoi) Article - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

dead νεκροὶ (nekroi) Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 3498: (a) adj: dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, (b) noun: a dead body, a corpse. From an apparently primary nekus; dead.

in ἐν (en) Preposition Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

Christ Χριστῷ (Christō) Noun - Dative Masculine Singular Strong's 5547: Anointed One; the Messiah, the Christ. From chrio; Anointed One, i.e. The Messiah, an epithet of Jesus.

will be the first to rise. ἀναστήσονται (anastēsontai) Verb - Future Indicative Middle - 3rd Person Plural Strong's 450: To raise up, set up; I rise from among (the) dead; I arise, appear. From ana and histemi; to stand up.

• Yes, Jesus will come down from heaven!

• And the dead in Christ (not everybody) will be the first to rise!

• Two movements! Jesus will come down!

• And the dead in Christ will rise!

• This is no metaphor!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
1 Thessalonians 4:17

After that, ἔπειτα (epeita) Adverb Strong's 1899: Then, thereafter, afterwards. From epi and eita; thereafter.

we ἡμεῖς (hēmeis) Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 1st Person Plural Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

who are οἱ (hoi) Article - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

alive ζῶντες (zōntes) Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 2198: To live, be alive. A primary verb; to live.

[and] remain περιλειπόμενοι (perileipomenoi) Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 4035: To leave behind; pass: To be left behind, remain, survive. From peri and leipo; to leave all around, i.e. survive.

will be caught up ἁρπαγησόμεθα (harpagēsometha) Verb - Future Indicative Passive - 1st Person Plural Strong's 726: To seize, snatch, obtain by robbery. From a derivative of haireomai; to seize.

together ἅμα (hama) Adverb Strong's 260: A primary particle; properly, at the 'same' time, but freely used as a preposition or adverb denoting close association.

with σὺν (syn) Preposition Strong's 4862: With. A primary preposition denoting union; with or together.

them αὐτοῖς (autois) Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Plural Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

in ἐν (en) Preposition Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

[the] clouds νεφέλαις (nephelais) Noun - Dative Feminine Plural Strong's 3507: A cloud. From nephos; properly, cloudiness, i.e. a cloud.

to εἰς (eis) Preposition Strong's 1519: A primary preposition; to or into, of place, time, or purpose; also in adverbial phrases.

meet ἀπάντησιν (apantēsin) Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular Strong's 529: From apantao; a encounter.

the τοῦ (tou) Article - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

Lord Κυρίου (Kyriou) Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

in εἰς (eis) Preposition Strong's 1519: A primary preposition; to or into, of place, time, or purpose; also in adverbial phrases.

[the] air. ἀέρα (aera) Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular Strong's 109: Air, the lower air we breathe. From aemi; 'air'.

And καὶ (kai) Conjunction Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

so οὕτως (houtōs) Adverb Strong's 3779: Thus, so, in this manner. Or (referring to what precedes or follows).

we will ἐσόμεθα (esometha) Verb - Future Indicative Middle - 1st Person Plural Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

always {be} πάντοτε (pantote) Adverb Strong's 3842: Always, at all times, ever. From pas and hote; every when, i.e. At all times.

[the] Lord. Κυρίῳ (Kyriō) Noun - Dative Masculine Singular Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

Up again!

Not down!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
1 Corinthians 15:6

After that, ἔπειτα (epeita) Adverb Strong's 1899: Then, thereafter, afterwards. From epi and eita; thereafter.

He appeared ὤφθη (ōphthē) Verb - Aorist Indicative Passive - 3rd Person Singular Strong's 3708: Properly, to stare at, i.e. to discern clearly; by extension, to attend to; by Hebraism, to experience; passively, to appear.

to more than ἐπάνω (epanō) Adverb Strong's 1883: From epi and ano; up above, i.e. Over or on.

five hundred πεντακοσίοις (pentakosiois) Adjective - Dative Masculine Plural Strong's 4001: Five hundred. From pente and hekaton; five hundred.

brothers ἀδελφοῖς (adelphois) Noun - Dative Masculine Plural Strong's 80: A brother, member of the same religious community, especially a fellow-Christian. A brother near or remote.

at once, ἐφάπαξ (ephapax) Adverb Strong's 2178: Once, once for all; at once. From epi and hapax; upon one occasion.

most πλείονες (pleiones) Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural - Comparative Strong's 4119: Or neuter pleion, or pleon comparative of polus; more in quantity, number, or quality; also the major portion.

of ἐξ (ex) Preposition Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

whom ὧν (hōn) Personal / Relative Pronoun - Genitive Masculine Plural Strong's 3739: Who, which, what, that.

are still alive, μένουσιν (menousin) Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural Strong's 3306: To remain, abide, stay, wait; with acc: I wait for, await. A primary verb; to stay.

though δὲ (de) Conjunction Strong's 1161: A primary particle; but, and, etc.

some τινὲς (tines) Interrogative / Indefinite Pronoun - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 5100: Any one, some one, a certain one or thing. An enclitic indefinite pronoun; some or any person or object.

have fallen asleep. ἐκοιμήθησαν (ekoimēthēsan) Verb - Aorist Indicative Passive - 3rd Person Plural Strong's 2837: From keimai; to put to sleep, i.e. to slumber; figuratively, to decease.

• Though some have fallen asleep!

• God's ways and man's ways!

• It will be so till this human society disappears!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
1 Corinthians 15:20

But δὲ (de) Conjunction Strong's 1161: A primary particle; but, and, etc.

Christ Χριστὸς (Christos) Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular Strong's 5547: Anointed One; the Messiah, the Christ. From chrio; Anointed One, i.e. The Messiah, an epithet of Jesus.

{has} indeed Νυνὶ (Nyni) Adverb Strong's 3570: A prolonged form of nun for emphasis; just now.

been raised ἐγήγερται (egēgertai) Verb - Perfect Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular Strong's 1453: (a) I wake, arouse, (b) I raise up. Probably akin to the base of agora; to waken, i.e. Rouse.

from ἐκ (ek) Preposition Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

[the] dead, νεκρῶν (nekrōn) Adjective - Genitive Masculine Plural Strong's 3498: (a) adj: dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, (b) noun: a dead body, a corpse. From an apparently primary nekus; dead.

[the] firstfruits ἀπαρχὴ (aparchē) Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular Strong's 536: From a compound of apo and archomai; a beginning of sacrifice, i.e. The first-fruit.

of those who τῶν (tōn) Article - Genitive Masculine Plural Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

have fallen asleep. κεκοιμημένων (kekoimēmenōn) Verb - Perfect Participle Middle or Passive - Genitive Masculine Plural Strong's 2837: From keimai; to put to sleep, i.e. to slumber; figuratively, to decease.

• Interesting verse!

• Jesus was raised from the dead!

• He is the firstfruit of those who have fallen asleep!

• Yes, the first fruit is the first one!

Tina2023

Apr 17, 2023
Here we are told about the next king of Babylonia. There is a big feast and everybody drinks in the vessels taken from the God’s temple in Jerusalem. Suddenly, a man’s hand appears and writes on the wall. Once again, Daniel is called to interpret the three words. So he tells the king that he has behaved haughtily like his father. As a consequence, his kingdom goes to the Medes and Persians. Daniel becomes the third most important person in the kingdom. But that same night, Babylon is taken by the Medes and Persians.

As usual, human beings never understand, they don’t care. They do as they like and they pay the price. Daniel keeps faithful to God like Job and God gives him the possibility to interpret dreams and visions and so on. And he grows in wisdom and whatever king is in place, he plays an influencial part. He doesn’t change, he always follow God and he is blessed like Job
Here we are told about the next king of Babylonia. There is a big feast and everybody drinks in the vessels taken from the God’s temple in Jerusalem. Suddenly, a man’s hand appears and writes on the wall. Once again, Daniel is called to interpret the three words. So he tells the king that he has behaved haughtily like his father. As a consequence, his kingdom goes to the Medes and Persians. Daniel becomes the third most important person in the kingdom. But that same night, Babylon is taken by the Medes and Persians.

As usual, human beings never understand, they don’t care. They do as they like and they pay the price. Daniel keeps faithful to God like Job and God gives him the possibility to interpret dreams and visions and so on. And he grows in wisdom and whatever king is in place, he plays an influencial part. He doesn’t change, he always follow God and he is blessed like Job.
May God help us to be like Daniel 🙏 What a blessing.

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
1 Corinthians 15:21

For γὰρ (gar) Conjunction Strong's 1063: For. A primary particle; properly, assigning a reason.

since ἐπειδὴ (epeidē) Conjunction Strong's 1894: Of time: when, now, after that; of cause: seeing that, forasmuch as. From epei and de; since now, i.e. when, or whereas.

death θάνατος (thanatos) Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular Strong's 2288: Death, physical or spiritual. From thnesko; death.

[came] through δι’ (di’) Preposition Strong's 1223: A primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through.

a man, ἀνθρώπου (anthrōpou) Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's 444: A man, one of the human race. From aner and ops; man-faced, i.e. A human being.

[the] resurrection ἀνάστασις (anastasis) Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular Strong's 386: A rising again, resurrection. From anistemi; a standing up again, i.e. a resurrection from death (its author), or a recovery.

of [the] dead νεκρῶν (nekrōn) Adjective - Genitive Masculine Plural Strong's 3498: (a) adj: dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, (b) noun: a dead body, a corpse. From an apparently primary nekus; dead.

[comes] also καὶ (kai) Conjunction Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

through δι’ (di’) Preposition Strong's 1223: A primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through.

a man. ἀνθρώπου (anthrōpou) Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's 444: A man, one of the human race. From aner and ops; man-faced, i.e. A human being.

• Death came because of Adam!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
1 Corinthians 15:22

For as ὥσπερ (hōsper) Adverb Strong's 5618: Just as, as, even as. From hos and per; just as, i.e. Exactly like.

Adam Ἀδὰμ (Adam) Noun - Dative Masculine Singular Strong's 76: Adam, the first man, the first parent of the human race. Of Hebrew origin; Adam, the first man; typically man.

all πάντες (pantes) Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.

die, ἀποθνήσκουσιν (apothnēskousin) Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural Strong's 599: To be dying, be about to die, wither, decay. From apo and thnesko; to die off.

so οὕτως (houtōs) Adverb Strong's 3779: Thus, so, in this manner. Or (referring to what precedes or follows).

Christ Χριστῷ (Christō) Noun - Dative Masculine Singular Strong's 5547: Anointed One; the Messiah, the Christ. From chrio; Anointed One, i.e. The Messiah, an epithet of Jesus.

all πάντες (pantes) Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.

will be made alive. ζωοποιηθήσονται (zōopoiēthēsontai) Verb - Future Indicative Passive - 3rd Person Plural Strong's 2227: To make that which was dead to live, cause to live, quicken. From the same as zoon and poieo; tovitalize.

• Resurrection is possible thanks to Jesus' sacrifice!

• One took it away!

• Another one brought it back!

• Pure logic!

• But not human logic!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
1 Corinthians 15:23

But δὲ (de) Conjunction Strong's 1161: A primary particle; but, and, etc.

each Ἕκαστος (Hekastos) Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular Strong's 1538: Each (of more than two), every one. As if a superlative of hekas; each or every.

[his] τῷ (tō) Article - Dative Neuter Singular Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

own ἰδίῳ (idiō) Adjective - Dative Neuter Singular Strong's 2398: Pertaining to self, i.e. One's own; by implication, private or separate.

turn: τάγματι (tagmati) Noun - Dative Neuter Singular Strong's 5001: Rank, division, an ordered series. From tasso; something orderly in arrangement, i.e. a series or succession.

Christ Χριστός (Christos) Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular Strong's 5547: Anointed One; the Messiah, the Christ. From chrio; Anointed One, i.e. The Messiah, an epithet of Jesus.

[the] firstfruits; ἀπαρχὴ (aparchē) Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular Strong's 536: From a compound of apo and archomai; a beginning of sacrifice, i.e. The first-fruit.

then ἔπειτα (epeita) Adverb Strong's 1899: Then, thereafter, afterwards. From epi and eita; thereafter.

at ἐν (en) Preposition Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

His αὐτοῦ (autou) Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

coming, παρουσίᾳ (parousia) Noun - Dative Feminine Singular Strong's 3952: From the present participle of pareimi; a being near, i.e. Advent; physically, aspect.

those οἱ (hoi) Article - Nominative Masculine Plural Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

who belong to τοῦ (tou) Article - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

[Him]. Χριστοῦ (Christou) Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's 5547: Anointed One; the Messiah, the Christ. From chrio; Anointed One, i.e. The Messiah, an epithet of Jesus.

• And the order is clear!

• First Jesus!

• Then those who belong to him!

• Not everybody!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
1 Corinthians 15:26

[The] last ἔσχατος (eschatos) Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular Strong's 2078: Last, at the last, finally, till the end. A superlative probably from echo; farthest, final.

enemy ἐχθρὸς (echthros) Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular Strong's 2190: Hated, hostile; subst: an enemy. From a primary echtho; hateful; usually as a noun, an adversary.

to be destroyed [is] καταργεῖται (katargeitai) Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular Strong's 2673: From kata and argeo; to be entirely idle, literally or figuratively.

death. θάνατος (thanatos) Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular Strong's 2288: Death, physical or spiritual. From thnesko; death.

• Death will be destroyed!

• Then there won't be any more resurrections!

• Everything will come back as it was when Adam was created!

• The Bible has always been a warning to man!

• It was a warning to Israel!

• It was a warning to Judah!

• It is a warning to mankind!

• Who is listening!

• Man usually wakes up when it is too late!

• When I think about Job he tells us not to trust others if we want to save our lives!

• He kept faithful whatever happened!

• And he maintained his faithfulness in God!

• He did his job!

• He didn't do it for him!

• Otherwise he would have been in trouble!

• Because the devil was there to use others to take him away from God!

• When I think about Samuel he tells us not to trust man but only God!

• He did his job! He didn't do it for him!

• Otherwise he would have been in trouble!

• And he didn't let others take him away from God!

• And this started when he was a child working in the house of God!

• And seeing bad examples in front of him every day!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
  • Somebody told me about God's name!

• I replied by copying this article from Britannica! https://www.britannica.com/topic/Yahweh Yahweh, name for the God of the Israelites, representing the biblical pronunciation of “YHWH,” the Hebrew name revealed to Moses in the book of Exodus. The name YHWH, consisting of the sequence of consonants Yod, Heh, Waw, and Heh, is known as the tetragrammaton. After the Babylonian Exile (6th century BCE), and especially from the 3rd century BCE on, Jews ceased to use the name Yahweh for two reasons. As Judaism became a universal rather than merely a local religion, the more common Hebrew noun Elohim (plural in form but understood in the singular), meaning “God,” tended to replace Yahweh to demonstrate the universal sovereignty of Israel’s God over all others. At the same time, the divine name was increasingly regarded as too sacred to be uttered; it was thus replaced vocally in the synagogue ritual by the Hebrew word Adonai (“My Lord”), which was translated as Kyrios (“Lord”) in the Septuagint, the Greek version of the Hebrew Scriptures. The Masoretes, who from about the 6th to the 10th century CE worked to reproduce the original text of the Hebrew Bible, added to “YHWH” the vowel signs of the Hebrew words Adonai or Elohim. Latin-speaking Christian scholars replaced the Y (which does not exist in Latin) with an I or a J (the latter of which exists in Latin as a variant form of I). Thus, the tetragrammaton became the artificial Latinized name Jehovah (JeHoWaH). As the use of the name spread throughout medieval Europe, the initial letter J was pronounced according to the local vernacular language rather than Latin. Although Christian scholars after the Renaissance and Reformation periods used the term Jehovah for YHWH, in the 19th and 20th centuries biblical scholars again began to use the form Yahweh. Early Christian writers, such as St. Clement of Alexandria in the 2nd century, had used a form like Yahweh, and this pronunciation of the tetragrammaton was never really lost. Many Greek transcriptions also indicated that YHWH should be pronounced Yahweh. The meaning of the personal name of the Israelite God has been variously interpreted. Many scholars believe that the most proper meaning may be “He Brings into Existence Whatever Exists” (Yahweh-Asher-Yahweh). In I Samuel, God is known by the name Yahweh Teva-ʿot, or “He Brings the Hosts into Existence,” in which “Hosts” possibly refers to the heavenly court or to Israel. The personal name of God was probably known long before the time of Moses. Moses’ mother was called Jochebed (Yokheved), a name based on the name Yahweh. Thus, the tribe of Levi, to which Moses belonged, probably knew the name Yahweh, which originally may have been (in its short form Yo, Yah, or Yahu) a religious invocation of no precise meaning evoked by the mysterious and awesome splendour of the manifestation of the holy.

JLG

Nov 4, 2021

• When I think about Daniel he tells us to trust only God!

• He did his job! And he was always in a hurry! That's why he was above the others in a foreign country!

• He didn't do it for him!

• Otherwise he would have been in trouble! And he didn't let others take him away from God!

• Men like Job, Samuel and Daniel spoke with the same voice to pray to God and to do his will!

• If they were living today they would be ashamed of men!

• And they would keep serving God whatever happens!

• When I think about Paul he also tells us to trust only God!

• I could say the same like in the case of Job, Samuel and daniel!

• But he also encourages us to serve God and do our best to help others to get to know the Bible and God's message!

• It is the best way to prepare for the future and for God's kingdom!

• It won't be a part-time job but a full -time job!

• And there won't be any other option!

• When I think about prophets like Isaiah and Jeremiah I see men who told men of their time that God was going to destroy them!

• Destroy their way of life!

• They would lose everything they had!

• They were not afraid!

• But those men didn't care!

• And they lost everything!

• They just had to listen and make big changes in their lives!

• They had lost everything they were told!

• They thought it would never occur!

• And time passed!

• And the destruction happened!

• And everything that was told happened!

• And Now?

• Who listens to God's message?

• Isaiah = DESTRUCTION!

• Jeremiah = DESTRUCTION!

• Daniel = RECONSTRUCTION AND DESTRUCTION!

• Samuel = human kings replace God as king of Israel more problems for Israel!

• Next step = God's kingdom = DESTRUCTION AND RECONSTRUCTION!

• Anything else to add?

• Will you get your pass for the promised land?

• The Hebews failed except two men: Joshua and Caleb!

• Think about that!

• They never understood anything!

• They didn't get ready!

• They were stubborn!

• So is mankind!

• Will you get ready?

• Or do you think you can get your pass for nothing?

• I see normal men who became men of action because they serve God faithfully!

• And their examples encourage us to take action!

• I can think of Samuel!

• He became a servant of God right at the beginning because of his mother!

• And he became jealous for God because the Israelites rejected God as their king!

• Instead they wanted a human king!

• And he stayed faithful as a high priest and as a judge before Israel!

• And he would do it all his life!

• I can think of Daniel!

• We are only told that he went to Babylon when he was a young man!

• But he kept faithful and he didn't let himself be influenced by Babylonian traditions!

• On the contrary, he kept strictly what he was taught!

• And he did everything to not only maintain his relationship to God but to improve it!

• In fact, he tells us that it is not possible to maintain a good relationship to God if we don't improve it!

• That's why it is necessary to study the Bible daily and speak about what we learn to others!

• And in fact, there was no one like him in Babylon!

• He had more knowledge and wisdom than anyone in babylon!

• And God was with him in everything he did!

• I can think of Job!

• He was always proud of his relationship to God!

• He was always proud of doing his best to do what was right!

• And he tells us to feel the same!

• He knew something was wrong!

• And he didn't know why!

• But his relationship to God was his compass!

• And nobody could break it!

• Not even the devil!

• When I think of Moses I have incredible images in mind!

• He was educated as a prince of Egypt!

• But he received a good education from his mother as a child!

• He chose his own people, not the Egyptians!

• And he had to flee and abandon everything behind him!

• And he became a shepherd!

• And God trained him when he was a shepherd living a simple life!

• And he chose him to free his people from Egypt!

• But he didn't think he was able to do it!

• And he was not good at speaking in front of others!

• So God told Aaron to go with him!

• And he became the leader of the Israelites! And he had to bear their rebellious nature!

• And they rebelled all the time!

• And he saved them twice from extermination!

• And he rescued them many times!

• But they died in the desert!

• And he couldn't get into the promised land!

• Because of one mistake!

• But a big one!

• And it was because of the Israelites!

• Thus we have a lot to learn about him!

• We must never think that our relationship to God is good enough!

• Not at all!

• We must keep strengthening it!

• Cold or hot anger?

• When Adam and Eve opposed God they lost many things and died!

• It wasn't any anger from God!

• It was only the price to pay for disobedience!

• A way to maintain the balance!

• Cold or hot anger?

• Cain became jealous of his brother Abel because God looked with favor on Abel but not on him!

• And Cain grew hot with anger!

• And God told him if he changed his attitude God could restore him to his favor!

• But instead of listening to God he killed his brother!

• So God cursed him and he was banished!

• And God prevented Cain from being killed!

• Once again no anger at all against Cain from God!

• Just God's justice or a just balance!

• Nothing more!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
  • Somebody says: A lot of people ask, which Bible is the best? Many of them expect to hear KJV or ISV, but the truth is, for a person who comes up and asks this question, any version they're interested to read is the best one, don't be stuck in analysis paralysis. However, there's a simple yet objective way to tell which translation is better: Go to Deut. 32:43 and see if it says “let all the angels of God worship him.” This is a critical line quoted in Heb.1:6, and it only exists in translations based on septuagint or Dead sea scrolls. So if it's there, then at least this translation is more accurate and authentic; if not, well, then something important is missing, and unfortunately neither KJV nor ISV has this line. And this is one small example. Therefore, although all scripture is inspired by God and profitable for reproof, doction, correction and instruction in righteousness, the same can't be guaranteed for all translations.

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
  • My answer: studylight.org/lexicon/eng/greek/4352.htm

• Bible Lexicons Strong's #4352 - προσκυνέω from (G4314) and a probable derivative of (G2965) (meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand)

• Thayer's 1. to kiss the hand to (towards) one, in token of reverence

• 2. among the Orientals, esp. the Persians, to fall upon the knees and touch the ground with the forehead as an expression of profound reverence

• 3. in the NT by kneeling or prostration to do homage (to one) or make obeisance, whether in order to express respect or to make supplication a. used of homage shown to men and beings of superior rank 1.to the Jewish high priests 2.to God 3.to Christ 4.to heavenly beings 5.to demons

• Hebrew Equivalent Words: Strong #: 2111 ‑ זוּעַ (zoo'‑ah); 3766 ‑ כָּרַע (kaw‑rah'); 5401 ‑ נָשַׁק (naw‑shak'); 5456 ‑ סָגַד (saw‑gad'); 5647 ‑ עָבַד (aw‑bad'); 7812 ‑ שָׁחָה (shaw‑khaw');

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
  • First of all, for the moment I just want to analyze the translation you cite that is “let all the angels of God worship Him.” Now if you look at Thayer's definition or explanation there is a small problem! Worship is not correct because it says the Greek word is used of homage shown to men and beings of superior rank (to the Jewish high priests, to God, to Christ, to heavenly beings and to demons)!

• When I say it's not correct I could say inappropriate or wrong!

• And I'm not mentioning the other three explanations!

• Now when you say don't be stuck in analysis paralysis, this is a good example of the necessity of analyzing translations!

• That's why I use Biblehub!

• Because it is not only an interlinear translation!

• For each Hebrew or Greek word you get different translations!

• You don't need to know ancient Hebrew or Greek!

• I am a linguist and I have been studying languages all my life!

• Thus I will never agree with you!

• It's impossible!

• There is too much to learn from analyzing translations!

• There are too many mistakes and omissions!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021

• Does Hebrews 1:6 quote Deuteronomy 32:43?

• Published by ljthriepland on Does Hebrews 1:6 quote Deuteronomy 32:43?

• When trying to show that the KJV is not an accurate translation, it will often be asserted that the KJV is in error in Deuteronomy 32:43 The KJV reads: Deuteronomy 32:43 Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. However, some modern versions read very differently in this verse. The ESV for example reads: Deuteronomy 32:43 “Rejoice with him, O heavens; bow down to him, all gods, for he avenges the blood of his children and takes vengeance on his adversaries. He repays those who hate him and cleanses his people’s land.” Brentons Greek Septuagint reads differently again: Deueteronomy 32:43 Rejoice, ye heavens, with him, and let all the angels of God worship him; rejoice ye Gentiles, with his people, and let all the sons of God strengthen themselves in him; for he will avenge the blood of his sons, and he will render vengeance, and recompense justice to his enemies, and will reward them that hate him; and the Lord shall purge the land of his people. So which is the correct reading, is it as found in the KJV, Brentons Septuagint or that of the ESV? As usual when it comes to textual variants this is NOT just a KJV issue. The NIV, NASb, CSB, ASV The Aramaic Bible in plain English and the ISV to name a few, all read as (or similar) to the KJV As do all the prior English Bibles to the KJV 1394 Wycliffe Bible Folkis, preise ye the puplis of hym, for he schal venie the blood of hise seruauntis, and he schal yelde veniaunce in to the enemyes of hem; and he schal be merciful to the lond of his puple. 1531 Tyndale Bible Reioyse hethen wyth hys people, for he wyll auenge the bloude off his servauntes, and wyll auenge hym off hys aduersaryes, and wilbe mercyfull vnto the londe off hys people. 1535 Coverdale Bible Reioyse ye Heythen with his people: for he wil auenge the bloude of his seruauntes, and wyl auenge him on his enemies, & wil be mercifull vnto the londe of his people. 1537 Matthew Bible Prayse ye heathen hys people, for he wil auenge the bloude of hys seruauntes, & wyl auenge hym of his aduersaries, and wyll be merciful vnto the land of hys people. 1539 Great Bible Prayse ye hethen his people, for he will auenge the bloude of hys seruauntes, & wyll auenge hym of his aduersaries, and wylbe mercyfull vnto his lande, and to hys people. 1560 Geneva Bible Ye nations, praise his people: for he will auenge the blood of his seruants, and will execute vengeance vpon his aduersaries, and will bee mercifull vnto his lande, and to his people. 1568 Bishops’ Bible Prayse ye heathen his people, for he wyll auenge the blood of his seruautes, and will auenge him of his aduersaries, and wyll be mercifull vnto his lande, and to his people. So this is not a KJV only argument. What I do find interesting, for numerous reasons, is that the NET Bible, also reads as the KJV Deuteronomy 32:43 Cry out, O nations, with his people, for he will avenge his servants’ blood; he will take vengeance against his enemies, and make atonement for his land and people. There are not even any notes regarding the alternative reading at this point. It is claimed that the writer of Hebrews quotes this verse in Hebrews 1:6 Hebrews 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. KJV Notice here that in the KJV it states “let all the angels of God worship him”. However, these words are not found in Deuteronomy 32:43 in the KJV But they are found in Brentons Septuagint. While the words are found in Vaticanus and Sinaiticus, the two foremost manuscripts that the Septuagint is based on, not all Septuagint manuscripts contain the words. The dead sea scrolls neither read as the Masoretic text, nor do they support the reading of the Septuagint. Out of all of the copies of Deuteronomy found amongst the Dead Sea Scrolls only one contains this part of chapter 32 and actually reads “and bow down to him, all gods”. Manuscript 4Q44 Deuteronomy Deuteronomy 32: 43 Rejoice, heavens, with his people, and bow down to him, all gods, for he will avenge the blood of his sons. He will take vengeance on his adversaries, And avenge those who hate him, and will make atonement for his land and for his people. This is the reading that the ESV has adopted. It should be noted that similar words “worship him, all ye Gods can be found in Psalm 97:7 Psalm 97:7 Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: worship him, all ye gods. KJV Psalm 97:7 All worshipers of images are put to shame, who make their boast in worthless idols; worship him, all you gods! ESV It is argued by some that the reference to “all gods” is, in fact, a reference to the angels and so the Dead sea scroll does support the Septuagint reading. I would suggest reading my writing where I argue the sons of God are not angels but humans (link Below) https://www.followintruth.com/sons-of-god-are-not-angels-they-are-humans There are, in fact, not many versions that do read as the Septuagint in Deuteronomy 32:43 and have “let all the angels of God worship him.” Those that do include the NLT Deuteronomy 32:43 “Rejoice with him, you heavens, and let all of God’s angels worship him. Rejoice with his people, you Gentiles, and let all the angels be strengthened in him. For he will avenge the blood of his children; he will take revenge against his enemies. He will repay those who hate him and cleanse his people’s land. The BSB also reads similar Deuteronomy 32:43 Rejoice, O heavens, with Him, and let all God’s angels worship Him. Rejoice, O nations, with His people; for He will avenge the blood of His children. He will take vengeance on His adversaries and repay those who hate Him; He will cleanse His land and His people. It is then, asserted that these words are not found anywhere else in scripture and so the writer of Hebrews must have quoted the LXX in Hebrews 1:6, this showing that the reading of the LXX is correct and that the reading of the Hebrew Masoretic text, from which the KJV(and the many others) reading is derived.

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
  • However, I would argue that the writer of Hebrews is not quoting Deuteronomy 32:43 at all and in fact a later scribe producing the Greek reading of the LXX, AFTER the book of Hebrews had already been written, has retrospectively inserted the words back into the Greek based on a misunderstanding of Hebrews 1:6. If we look at Hebrews 1:6 again we will see the words “and again”. Hebrews 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. It is these words that has caused the confusion, and the “need” to add the words “And let all the angels of God worship him” to the Old Testament. The words “and again” are being connected to “he saith”. Another way to put it would be, “he says again” then the words that he says again, namely “And let all the angels of God worship him”. therefore , this would indicate that these words have been said before and that the writer of Hebrews is saying they will be said again. BUT, and this is the problem that faced the Greek scribe, these words are NOT in the Old Testament (excluding Deuteronomy 32:43) and thus the NEED for these words to be in the Old testament arose. When correctly understood, the words “and again” should not be connected with “he saith”. They should, in fact, be connected with “when He brings the Firstborn into the world”. This verse is actually about the second coming and what WILL be said when Jesus returns, when again, God, brings his firstborn into the world. He will say “And let all the angels of God worship him.” These words have NOT yet been said. They WILL be said when the firstborn is again brought into the world. Hebrews 1 is all about the supremacy of the son. In his commentary on Hebrews, John Owen specifically argues that the words have been added to the Septuagint reading after the book of Hebrews had already been written. “1. Our first inquiry must be whence this testimony is taken. Many of the ancients, as Epiphanius, Theodoret, Euthymius, Procopius, and Anselm, conceived the words to be cited from Deuteronomy 32:43, where they expressly occur in the translation of the LXX., Εὐφράςθητς οὐρανοὶ ἄμα αὐτοῦ καὶ προσκυνησάτωσαν αὐτῷ πάντες ἄγγελοι Θεοῖ ; “Rejoice ye heavens with him, and let all the angels of God worship him.” But there are two considerations that put it beyond all pretensions that the words are not taken from this place of the LXX.: (1.) Because indeed there are no such words in the original text, nor any thing spoken that might give occasion to the sense expressed in them; but the whole verse is inserted in the Greek version quite beside the scope of the place. Now, though it may perhaps be safely granted that the apostles, in citing the Scripture of the Old Testament, did sometimes use the words of the Greek translation then in use, yea, though not exact according to the original, whilst the sense and meaning of the Holy Ghost was retained in them; yet to cite that from the Scripture as the word and testimony of God which indeed is not therein, nor was ever spoken by God, but by human failure and corruption crept into the Greek version, is not to be imputed unto them. And indeed I no way question but that this addition unto the Greek text in that place was made after the apostle had used this testimony. For it is not unlikely but that some considering of it, and not considering from whence it was taken, because the words occur not absolutely and exactly in the Greek anywhere, inserted it into that place of Moses, amidst other words of an alike sound, and somewhat an alike importance, such as immediately precede and follow the clause inserted. “ John Owen Exposition of Hebrews Supporting the non-authority of the words are the Targums, Syriac Peshitta and the Latin Vulgate. None of which include the words in Deuteronomy 32:43. I would recommend looking at my other writings where I demonstrate that words have been blatantly added to the Septuagint, in order to better make it fit “quotations” of the New Testament writers. Someone says: Why should I when you make such a simple matter so complicated with such a wall text? All OT quotes in the NT were based on Septuagint, it's the most authentic and accurate version of the OT Scripture. The Mosaretic Scripture, on the other hand, was compiled centuries later after Jesus. This line, “let all angels of God worship Him”, is not found in KJV and most other translations because it was omitted in the Mosaretic. In this case, words were not added to the Septuagint, words were removed from the Septuagint, and there's serious implication: if it's supposed to be a quote from Deut. 32:43 in Hebrew 1:6, but it's not in the OT, then the author of Hebrew must've made it up, and the whole book would be discredited; but this line did exist in the original Hebrew text, it was adulterated in the Mosaretic version.