The Law Is Out Of Date And Will "SOON DISAPPEAR"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I think its only confusion when we deviate from God's Word and start adding our own words into God's Word instead of allowing Him to direct our path though His Word Pro 3:5-6

Obeying God the way He asks is not legalistic, its love according to God. :love:

John 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments.
Exodus 20: 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
John 15:10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

1 John 2:4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Jesus said this

“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-

He isnt sayong obey the old broken covenant I made at Sinai and moses commands …he’s saying obey my Jesus born in bethlehems commands the one God sent

Dec 13, 2023
Jesus said this

“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-

He isnt sayong obey the old broken covenant I made at Sinai and moses commands …he’s saying obey my Jesus born in bethlehems commands the one God sent
Again I think more study needs to be done on God’s Convent and the law of Moses. Jesus taught on the Ten Commandments, so until you find one scripture from Jesus telling us we can break the least of these commandments I think its best to have faith and trust His teaching because He told us not to break the least of these commandments quoting from the Ten Mat 5:19-30 as He did often telling us in doing so one would be in fear of sin Judgement and having our heart far from Him Mat 15:3-14 Mat 7:7-13, which is the opposite of the New Covenant- God’;s law in our hearts Heb 8:10

vassal

Jan 20, 2024
No...
John quoted Jesus giving us the New Laws.
Apparently you don't read them or know them.

Why are you ignoring the very words of Jesus/God?
it is well known that what you refer as the new laws are a condensed version of the 10 commandments;
Mat 22:34 And when the Pharisees heard that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, they themselves gathered together.
Mat 22:35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested Him with a question:
Mat 22:36 “Teacher, which commandment is the greatest in the Law?”
Mat 22:37 Jesus declared, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
Mat 22:38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
Mat 22:40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

The first of the two;

Mat 22:37 Jesus declared, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
Mat 22:38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

If you love GOD above all else you will follow; the first four commandments.
Exo 20:1 And God spoke all these words:
Exo 20:2 “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
Exo 20:3 You shall have no other gods before Me.
Exo 20:4 You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in the heavens above, on the earth below, or in the waters beneath.
Exo 20:5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on their children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,
Exo 20:6 but showing loving devotion to a thousand generations of those who love Me and keep My commandments.
Exo 20:7 You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave anyone unpunished who takes His name in vain.
Exo 20:8 Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
Exo 20:10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God, on which you must not do any work—neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant or livestock, nor the foreigner within your gates.
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth and the sea and all that is in them, but on the seventh day He rested. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy.

the second of the two;
Mat 22:39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

if you love your neighbour as yourself you will do the last six commandment;
Exo 20:12 Honor your father and mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the LORD your God is giving you.
Exo 20:13 You shall not murder.
Exo 20:14 You shall not commit adultery.
Exo 20:15 You shall not steal.
Exo 20:16 You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
Exo 20:17 You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant or maidservant, or his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

The 2 commandments are in fact the 10 commandments explained simply, they originate from God who is Love.

Dec 13, 2023
Okay..

Apparently you can't read the red words or understand what they mean.

Basically Jesus is saying "Here's the New Covenant, Here's what it means, and now I've got to go institute it with my blood "

Notice how Jesus says NOTHING about the Law of Moses.
The Ten Commandments is God’s commandments Exo 20:6 according to God. And Jesus Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-13 Jesus taught us not to break or teach others to break the least of these Mat 5:19-30 your disagreement is with a much Higher Authority than I, if you feel you can disobey a direct command from Jesus.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
The Ten Commandments is God’s commandments Exo 20:6 according to God. And Jesus Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-13 Jesus taught us not to break or teach others to break the least of these Mat 5:19-30 your disagreement is with a much Higher Authority than I, if you feel you can disobey a direct command from Jesus.
Okay....
Let's look at this another way.

The "sermon on the mount" was Jesus's /God's "modern" commentary on the 10 commandments.

3 guesses as to which commandment was not discussed.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I'm thinking that @SabbathBlessing doesn't understand how this whole debate thingy works....
He is supposed to post arguments supporting his side and not the opposition. But quoting John is not an argument for his position....I just don't think he understands debate very well....let's cut the poor guy some slack until he figures out debate....

Maybe one day he will be able to discuss theology....but it's not today for sure.
Question for you, how does demeaning Sabbathblessing make them a better person?

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
It's really not my intention to demonstrate your total lack of understanding of the New Testament almost to the point of you needing to be committed to an institution....because for whatever reason you are sticking with the most illogical conclusion possible.

You are not demonstrating any of the Laws of Moses or of Jesus...

Do you even understand how you are not doing so? (Acting like a broken record doesn't work with me or anyone despite your obvious belief otherwise....say something new....something with logic).

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Question for you, how does demeaning Sabbathblessing make them a better person?
Disrespectful discussions were made by him when he claimed that Jesus's sacrifice and New Covenant was worthless.

What I said was a nothing by far comparison.

Not to mention that he doesn't even keep that commandment he is pushing.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Except for the day and the hour, and our knowing exactly what we will be until we see Him as He is.
Lots of things remain a mystery. Heh, I remember talking to an atheist who said
humanity knows everything there is to know. Some people just say ridiculous
things. But don't expect them to ever admit they were wrong.

Dec 13, 2023
Okay....
Let's look at this another way.

The "sermon on the mount" was Jesus's /God's "modern" commentary on the 10 commandments.

3 guesses as to which commandment was not discussed.
Did not address my post, but thats okay.

Just because not every commandment is always repeated does not mean it gets deleted. Many times only the 2nd greatest commandment is repeated, does that mean the 1st greatest commandment ended and we do not need to love God with all our heart and soul? Is that how you interpret scripture? Omission in one area of scripture deletes the teachings of Jesus in another area?

We are already told if we break one of the Ten Commanemnts we break them all James 2:10-12 and breaking the least of them we would be in fear of sin and judgment. Continuing down this path of arguing against the teachings of Jesus is why the prophecies do not fail such as https://christianchat.com/bible-dis...ll-soon-disappear.214968/page-22#post-5301904 and Rom 8:7-8

Dec 13, 2023
Disrespectful discussions were made by him when he claimed that Jesus's sacrifice and New Covenant was worthless.

You will never find those words from my mouth, The New Covenant is far from worthless, only when we don’t have faith in Jesus and His Word does it make His sacrifice of no avail. Not my words Heb 10:26-30

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
You will never find those words from my mouth, The New Covenant is far from worthless, only when we don’t have faith in Jesus and His Word does it make His sacrifice of no avail. Not my words Heb 10:26-30
Okay...

Not once have you been able to directly quote the New Covenant Laws....not one time.

AND

You are promoting breaking the Sabbath Day. There is only One Sabbath Day. You keep promoting breaking it because you don't understand it, the Hebrew language behind it, or what it means.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I need you to give me a scripture where Paul proves what you’re saying.
I'm happy to do that, but I'll be honest with you . . . I've become exhausted with issuing such proof, only to have it denied and rejected. This is such a problem (denying the obvious), that I won't be around much longer, particularly if you offer the same rejection as the other "Chiefs."

So my question to you is this: What translation/s will you accept as the Truth?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
BTW, you are someone, and in Him you are one of the most valuable creatures in the universe.
What is so interesting about "christian" forums, is that virtually everything a person says, will be "wrong." A person can't even try to put on humility without being in error.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Again I think more study needs to be done on God’s Convent and the law of Moses. Jesus taught on the Ten Commandments, so until you find one scripture from Jesus telling us we can break the least of these commandments I think its best to have faith and trust His teaching because He told us not to break the least of these commandments quoting from the Ten Mat 5:19-30 as He did often telling us in doing so one would be in fear of sin Judgement and having our heart far from Him Mat 15:3-14 Mat 7:7-13, which is the opposite of the New Covenant- God’;s law in our hearts Heb 8:10
well yea study is always the answer dear one . But if we just ignore what it says study doesn’t help us

What do these scriptures mean to you ? I’m asking you to adress what Paul is saying regarding the law and not wuote me something from the ot unless it relates to what he’s explaining

“So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:9-12‬ ‭

whats your take on the apostle teaching here ? And he keeps explaining

“For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions,

till the seed should come to whom the promise was made;( until Christ came )

and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator is not a mediator of one,

but God is one.

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, ( the law does this ) that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. ( the gospel )

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Wherefore the law was ( past tense ) our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.”( the law )
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:18-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

In other words we come to the point you can’t accept study

“For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.”( not unbelievers but for Christian’s )
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

how do you keep saying the law hasn’t ended ? How do you say the law is faith ? How do you say the works of the law aren’t for the cursed ? Study is meant to lead to an answer the answer is we have a new covenant not according to the one God made with israel at Sinai the Ten Commandments he gave to Moses for the people

“These are the commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭27:34‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭4:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:31-32‬ ‭KJV

how do you understand what he an apostle of the lord is saying here about the law ? Who was an Israelite himself born under the law

Can you agree with what Paul’s saying or would we need to go look elsewhere ?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021

I do not care of the subject matter. I asked you a question, and you, a Christian, refuse to answer.

How does demeaning and ridiculing a person make them better? I hope this isn't a practice you use with your children. You need to stop that practice and never do it again.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
It's really not my intention to demonstrate your total lack of understanding of the New Testament almost to the point of you needing to be committed to an institution....because for whatever reason you are sticking with the most illogical conclusion possible.

You are not demonstrating any of the Laws of Moses or of Jesus...

Do you even understand how you are not doing so? (Acting like a broken record doesn't work with me or anyone despite your obvious belief otherwise....say something new....something with logic).
This one got you reported. What a disgusting, despicable attitude.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
What is so interesting about "christian" forums, is that virtually everything a person
says, will be "wrong." A person can't even try to put on humility without being in error.
Perhaps it is to be done like fasting... in secret, and so others don't know...

Though that assumes you said something about it in the first place.

Please accept my apology if that is not the case. I am not even really assuming it.
I don't know what went down in that regard, but simply sought to offer a solution.

Dec 13, 2023
well yea study is always the answer dear one . But if we just ignore what it says study doesn’t help us

What do these scriptures mean to you ? I’m asking you to adress what Paul is saying regarding the law and not wuote me something from the ot unless it relates to what he’s explaining

“So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:9-12‬ ‭

whats your take on the apostle teaching here ? And he keeps explaining

“For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions,

till the seed should come to whom the promise was made;( until Christ came )

and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator is not a mediator of one,

but God is one.

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, ( the law does this ) that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. ( the gospel )

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Wherefore the law was ( past tense ) our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.”( the law )
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:18-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

In other words we come to the point you can’t accept study

“For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.”( not unbelievers but for Christian’s )
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

how do you keep saying the law hasn’t ended ? How do you say the law is faith ? How do you say the works of the law aren’t for the cursed ? Study is meant to lead to an answer the answer is we have a new covenant not according to the one God made with israel at Sinai the Ten Commandments he gave to Moses for the people

“These are the commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭27:34‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭4:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:31-32‬ ‭KJV

how do you understand what he an apostle of the lord is saying here about the law ? Who was an Israelite himself born under the law

Can you agree with what Paul’s saying or would we need to go look elsewhere ?
Friend,

How can the law that defines sin be the same law that was added because of transgression?

They can't be the same law.

Do you believe Jesus that He knows what sin is? He applied it to the Ten Commandments- saying if we break the least of these one would be in fear of sin and Judgment Mat 5:19-30 its what James said too James 2:10-12

Why was it sin for Cain to murder Abel? Without law there is no sin Rom 4:15

Where is the law that says thou shalt not murder? Obviously not the same law that was added because of sin because its not, that was the Levitical priesthood and the sacrificial system. Not the Ten Commandments that is eternal Mat 5:19 .