Are you a gentile or a member of the family of God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Jesus is the Root. Your post does not reply gto the question .
What I have posted should be clear to any, however most will not understand at this time.

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
I once was a Gentile, but am not anymore. I am grafted into Israel.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I once was a Gentile, but am not anymore. I am grafted into Israel.
child of Jacobs twelve tribes ( israel ) ? Inheriting a small portion of dusty land ?

Or a child of Abraham father of many nations ? Inheriting an everlasting kingdom Jesus came telling the world about in the gospel ?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Israel is the Tree into the which we are now grafted, and we have become Praisers of Yah, of God.
“And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, and said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: that in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭22:15-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ….. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:16, 26-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“These are the words of the covenant, which the LORD commanded Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, beside the covenant which he made with them in Horeb.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭29:1‬ ‭KJV‬

“And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭34:27‬ ‭

“And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient. And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭24:7-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

israel and gentiles need tbis word and blood

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16, 19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Not the covenant made with a single people through angels and by Moses

DJT_47

Oct 20, 2022
What are you trying to say by this question? You can be a gentile, a non-jew, and be saved, meaning a child of God, a Christian, one who has been baptized into the body of Christ, or unsaved, a non-Christian, both of which can be a gentile.

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Maybe, you never know.

But, definitely this.
Indeed the second which really was the first promise but the second covenant fulfilled

The first thing Abram is told has to do with the gospel

Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: and I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. ….So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; ( Abraham isnt following a law written on stone telling him what not to do , God is telling him where to go and what will happen if he does ) and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭12:1, 3-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

But it’s not until Christ came forth that it was fulfilled

“Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

( speaking to Jews ) Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. ( he isn’t referencing the one made through Moses with israel but with Abraham father of many nations made before that )

Unto you first ( Jesus came to isreal first ) God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭3:24-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It doesn’t matter anymore if I’m an Israelite by birth or a gentile is the point that ended when israel rejected Jesus thier king he then welcomed all people and Abraham’s promise was fulfilled for all nations and kindreds of people being one israel included with that new covenant and not gentiles included in the one made through Moses afterwards .is all I’m saying

We belong to God through the covenant Christ made not the one Moses made between God and the children of Israel with animal blood and his words is all I mean Christian’s are the hiers of Abraham’s original promise and his children when we accept Christ and the gospel and are baptized into him

“Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:7-

“For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, ( all nations included now ) there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:26-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This is what would bless all nations and peoples tbat was promised first to Abraham

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

God is the God of all people Israel’s singling out was a fulfillment t of things God told him about his flesh and. Lord children and thier land inheritance after he delivered them from Egypt

That was meant to lead the world to the gospel all the things he promised them began to bless the world

“And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭49:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

israel foret but then everyone else would be included in the new covenant is the thing only israel will ever be included in tbe old and it’s promises and curses as well