Do stillborns and deceased babies go to 'hell'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Its God that is saying they come from the womb speaking lies, your arguing is with God

Next thing your going to be believing is dead infants rule over and judge people.

Do you rulers indeed speak justly?
Do you judge people with equity?
2 No, in your heart you devise injustice,
and your hands mete out violence on the earth.
3 Even from birth the wicked go astray;
from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.
4 Their venom is like the venom of a snake,
like that of a cobra that has stopped its ears

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Do stillborns and babies go to ‘hell’?

Romans 7:8-11. I was alive once without the law when I was a child... I had no understanding of the law as a child and I was sinless because where there is no law, there is no sin. But when I became old enough to understand the law, sin slew me.

John 9:41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of your sin. But now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

Romas 7:7 … I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.” 8 But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of coveting. For apart from the law, sin was dead. 10 Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came [to me], sin sprang to life and I died.

One is born innocent, and remains so, until one reaches the point where they think they know enough to make a decision about sin/God. Being born into sin, means we live in a world that is predisposed to make sure we make the wrong decision about God. Until they understand and decide, babies have no sin to die from.

Thoughts?
Stillborns and deceased babies go to the same place as everyone else who die.
They return to the earth.Ashes to ashes-dust to dust.

Revelation 20
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

The only person to ascend into heaven is he that came from heaven.

Johnn 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
When someone dies,they return to the earth,their flesh rot.It becomes dust and their bones dry .This is what God said he will do to the house of Israel who are in their graves.

Ezekiel 37
37 The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.
4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.
5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

He will bring them up out of their graves and put flesh on them.Ij these verses,God is saying exactly where these dead people are.In their graves.

12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

They are not in the clouds with Jesus.They are in their graves.

Dec 18, 2023
When someone dies,they return to the earth,their flesh rot.It becomes dust and their bones dry .This is what God said he will do to the house of Israel who are in their graves.

Ezekiel 37
37 The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.
4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.
5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

He will bring them up out of their graves and put flesh on them.Ij these verses,God is saying exactly where these dead people are.In their graves.

12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

They are not in the clouds with Jesus.They are in their graves.
this is on scripture and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Who's life is in the spirit

Secondly whos life was created with his life.

Well the answer is all life in all mankind will return to him because all spiritual life was created by him, life from his life, in one life adam, that was to be the spiritual life of all mankind

The flesh is earthly body for the spiritual body,

Adam created in heaven first and the spiritual body of all men created in Adam first in heaven

But where all his life returns to him is another question really.

Genesis 1:27-28

New International Version

Spiritual life of all mankind first created in Adam in heaven before the earthly body was created

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
this is on scripture and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Who's life is in the spirit

Secondly whos life was created with his life.

Well the answer is all life in all mankind will return to him because all spiritual life was created by him, life from his life, in one life adam, that was to be the spiritual life of all mankind

The flesh is earthly body for the spiritual body,

Adam created in heaven first and the spiritual body of all men created in Adam first in heaven

But where all his life returns to him is another question really.

Genesis 1:27-28

New International Version

Spiritual life of all mankind first created in Adam in heaven before the earthly body was created

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground

When I die,the spirit which was given to me Aug 31,1998 will return to God who had given it to me.
I will be laid in my grave .

I will remain there in my grave until I am brought up out of my grave.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
This is not something hard to understand.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Dec 18, 2023
This is not something hard to understand.

well according to scripture your a citizen of heaven once your saved 😊

I would of thought that's life beyond the grave.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
well according to scripture your a citizen of heaven once your saved 😊

I would of thought that's life beyond the grave.

According to scripture,Zion is founded at the seventh Trump.This is the reason Jesus taught me to pray"thy kingdom come".

Revelation 11

15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:
“The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.”

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Not a hard thing to understand.

Revelation 11

15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:
16 And the twenty-four elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying:
“We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
the One who is and who was,
because you have taken your great power
and have begun to reign.
18 The nations were angry,
and your wrath has come.
The time has come for judging the dead,
and for rewarding your servants the prophets
and your people who revere your name,
both great and small—
and for destroying those who destroy the earth.”

Dec 18, 2023
Not a hard thing to understand.

Revelation 11

16 And the twenty-four elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying:
“We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
the One who is and who was,
because you have taken your great power
and have begun to reign.
18 The nations were angry,
and your wrath has come.
The time has come for judging the dead,
and for rewarding your servants the prophets
and your people who revere your name,
both great and small—
and for destroying those who destroy the earth.”
yes if course, but up until thus point the children of God are to help the other kingdoms of this world shrink by helping God to win souls 😋

Piece by piece little by little.

It's long hard battle.

But still it has to battled.

I do believe patience is of the essence in toleration

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
The truth of Hell can be seen by Jesus's attitude towards it and how He describes it. Especially since most all people are going there when they die.

Jesus uses the exact same metaphoric expression continuously throughout EVERY sermon that broached the subject....
Gehinnom.
Gehinnom was the city trash dump. The valley of Hinnom was where the city's inhabitants dumped their trash on a regular basis. It was the place for everything from dead animal carcasses of pets and work animals to leftover rotten produce and offal from butchering meat. Even the poor and homeless that were regularly begging in the city were dumped there. It was a "one stop shop" for every form of refuse the city produced. From sewage to broken pottery....it went into Hinnom. From time to time the place would reek of all the rotting and sewage....so oil would be poured and lit on fire.
Garbage burns slow....it isn't exactly a pleasant smell. But it gets rid of the garbage....and a dump fire burns for a LONG time because of the slow pace of the smoldering fire.
Often maggots would proliferate in the garbage. Wild dogs and dingos would visit the trash to eat at these maggots and rotting animal carcasses. And occasionally get burned which would cause them to yelp a loud pitiful cry as they continue to forage for maggots and worms.

So...in other places in scripture Hell is described as a place of lawlessness...Hell's occupants never followed the Law in life....no reason to follow it in death. And without order or Law there is chaos. Jesus was ALL ABOUT the Law (little wonder considering He wrote it) and peace/rest.

So....
There's only one conclusion to be had about Jesus's attitude towards Hell....complete disgust.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The psalm does specify it's the WICKED who are born spewing lies.... I don't think that's
meant to include everyone who is born. Just those destined to be truly wicked.

Romans 3:10-12

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
God know dead infants don't talk.

This thread is about stillborns and deceased babies.

Stillborns and deceased babies don't say anything and anyone with common sense knows that.Your only here for mischief and to cause conflict.

Do you have any common sense at all?

PS
David was writing about rulers ,Not stillborn babies.

Do you rulers indeed speak justly?
Do you judge people with equity?
2 No, in your heart you devise injustice,
and your hands mete out violence on the earth.
3 Even from birth the wicked go astray;
from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.
4 Their venom is like the venom of a snake,
like that of a cobra that has stopped its ears,
The point still remains they are sinners , and they either died in Christ or they didnt. We know their can be activity before the actual birth of a baby, Gen 25:24

21 And Isaac intreated the Lord for his wife, because she was barren: and the Lord was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.

22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the Lord.

23 And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

24 And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.

Now God hated esau but Loved Jacob before they were born. So no matter what, esau was hated by God whether he died in the womb or not. God wasnt going to love him because he was a embryo, fetus or what have you, he would just have died a hated sinner rejected by God for Salvation

Rom 9:11-13

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

That goes for any non elect dead or stillborn baby, they either were loved or hated by God. If hated they will not see the Kingdom of heaven for sure. Will any punishment be meted out to stillborn non elect babies ? I say yes, seeing they are condemned by the sin of their natural head Adam , which says through him all have sinned Rom 5:12

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
The point still remains they are sinners , and they either died in Christ or they didnt. We know their can be activity before the actual birth of a baby, Gen 25:24

21 And Isaac intreated the Lord for his wife, because she was barren: and the Lord was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.

22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the Lord.

23 And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

24 And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.

Now God hated esau but Loved Jacob before they were born. So no matter what, esau was hated by God whether he died in the womb or not. God wasnt going to love him because he was a embryo, fetus or what have you, he would just have died a hated sinner rejected by God for Salvation

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

That goes for any non elect dead or stillborn baby, they either were loved or hated by God. If hated they will not see the Kingdom of heaven for sure. Will any punishment be meted out to stillborn non elect babies ? I say yes, seeing they are condemned by the sin of their natural head Adam , which says through him all have sinned Rom 5:12

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

You believe stillborn babies rule and judge other people ?

Stillborn babies are dead.Do you not comprehend that?

Still open babies are dead and you believe they talk.

No common sense at all.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018

Ohhh go ahead.

See if you can find more scripture so you can condemn dead babies.You can do it.

Next thing you know,you will be justifying abortions.

Dec 18, 2023

No common sense at all.
he's quite morbid don't ya think.

It's almost like the rigor mortis has set in with him

sawdust

Feb 12, 2024
Darwin, NT
Its God that is saying they come from the womb speaking lies, your arguing is with God
He is also saying it is the wicked who does that. He is not saying everyone is wicked. That everyone is wicked is your stance. Everyone is a sinner from birth but that is not the same as being wicked. One learns evil and wickedness. God is able to declare who the wicked are from birth because he knows the end from the beginning.

You need to stop pulling out verses and throwing them at people like javelins and learn to look at scripture holistically.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020

No common sense at all.
I believe what I just posted and you quoted, cant you read ?