How Often Do You Wash Your Hair?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

How Often Do You Wash Your Hair?

• When my neighbor is gone and I can sneak over and use his garden hose!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hey Everyone,

This is just meant to be a fun, goofy thread that will hopefully generate a few laughs. :D I'm dropping it here in Singles because we have a lot of regulars who like to answer these kinds of threads, but anyone and everyone is welcome to answer.

I was thinking about this subject as I got my naturally fine, straight-as-a-board hair permed a few months ago. In it's natural state, my hair looks about like this when it's straight:

That's right. I pretty much resemble Cousin It from The Addams Family, and have found that my hair does best when given some sort of wave/curl.

These days, it's hard to find a hairdresser who does perms anymore, as they've fallen out of favor, but when done properly, my string-straight hair becomes more like a sheep that needs a serious shearing:

Ah!!! There, that's MUCH better!!! It might be a bit wild at first, but for my own hair, I prefer curls and bounce.

However, as much as I might change my hair texture, I never change my washing schedule (every. single. day.) because that's just what works for my me, whether my hair is straight or curly.

This in turn horrifies my naturally curly-haired friends, as their natural hair texture usually dictates washing only 1 to 2 times per week, and they always express concern that I am going to ruin my hair by over-washing it.

This had me thinking (and wondering) about what other people's wash-day routines look like. My hair requires a bit of work (and products) to tame it from a frizzy mess into a more socially-accepted mold, so it fascinates me that a lot of men, for example, can get away with a quick runover with a bar of soap and be ready to go.

The poll is just meant for fun so choose as many answers as you'd like (I'm also making the answers visible just for a laugh.) The poll will only have limited answers, so please come back and tell us about your own hair-care routine!

Just a little fun, silly banter to help enjoy our Lord's day of rest! :)

Tell us about your haircare routine!

* How often do you wash your hair?

* What products do you use, and why? (For instance, do you need a gel or pomade? Why?)

* How does your hair look best? Short, long, curly, straight, wavy, or no hair at all?

* What things do you like best about your hair, and what do you wish you could change?

Hmm... Now I can't help but pondering what wash day must have looked like for Samson... :giggle:

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
* How often do you wash your hair?
Just personally speaking, everyday for me strips my oils. Honestly, I couldn't really say what my frequency is. I just know when it's time. Sounds crazy, but that's what works for me. I have really long hair. In my 20s, I usually had short hair to shoulder length hair and I usually shampood daily. That may have been due to me using a lot more product in my hair when I had shorter hair.

* What products do you use, and why?
If I am working on projects, I don't use products. I pull my hair back in a tight low bun to keep it out of my way. If I am going somewhere, even if it's just errands or the dollar store, I always wear my hair in a braid. Side braid is my signature look. I like trying different braids, but most of the time my hair is in a fishtail side braid. I prefer using a big comb as opposed to a brush. I'm not sure why, but I've found that it just works better with my hair. I'll shampoo at night and then I like to use Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioner the next morning. Before I braid my hair, I'll put something on it to tame any fly-aways such as Shine 'n Jam conditioning gel.

* How does your hair look best?
I think I look better with long hair. When I had short hair, I decided to take a temporary break from going to the salon. My bestie, Brenda, told me to let it grow. Thanks to her, I did let it grow and now I get compliments almost every time I go anywhere. Women gush over my hair. Even if I am going on a walk. One day, while on a walk, a lady slowed down in her vehicle and complimented my hair.

* What things do you like best about your hair?
I like that my hair is long and thick. Some might think long hair is a lot of trouble, but I don't find it to be anymore trouble than when I had shorter hair. I actually spent more time styling my hair when I had short hair. Now, I comb it (with a big comb), apply product, and braid it. Bada bing bada boom. Of course, I've gotten so used to braiding my hair that it's second nature to me now.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Depends how much oil your head generates.

Me, I wash my hair once every two days. Any shorter and it starts feeling stripped. Any longer and I could refill my car's oil pan with my head.

I wash it with dilute dawn dishwashing liquid in a foam pump.

Apparently it's a good idea. Last time I took off on a vacation, Dad registered a complaint that I took the foam pump with me. I had no idea he even used it while he was here.

Every five months or so it grows long enough to get in my ears, so I get out the clippers and buzz cut it. Because the shorter I cut it, the less often I have to mess with clippers.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I shoot for every other day. Sometimes an extra day goes by. I do as little as possible to my hair and I don't think it ever stays looking put together but my dog doesn't care and the people I talk to or email at work for the most part can't see me so who cares.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
Usually once per week on Sunday, sometimes twice per week. Currently, I am using Tresemme, and then air-dry my hair. I use hair oil like argan oil after I wash. I don't really like to wash my hair often because it is time consuming (with the air drying included). I wash in the evenings as well. However, once per week or so I find it relaxing.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I know it sounds corny, but I really like hearing about people's daily routines in all areas of life, no matter how mundane. I guess it's just because I like insights into how other people live.

Thank you all so much for sharing!

I personally find washing my hair such a refreshing part of my day that I've been trying to actively pair it with actively thanking God for all my daily provisions.

I've read about people serving in our military who aren't able to shower for weeks, and it makes me all the more grateful for hot, running water and a loaded bucket of hair products!

Susanna

Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston
Not washing your hair for ages is one thing, but the male part of a naval vessel has another thing they don’t ever wash which is ewww…lol.

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
I know it sounds corny, but I really like hearing about people's daily routines in all areas of life, no matter how mundane. I guess it's just because I like insights into how other people live.
Me too! I used to sometimes watch morning routine and evening routine videos.

Also, besides hair on the scalp, I am even more into hair in another area...my eyebrows. I really like to make sure my eyebrows are sculpted just the way I like. I may not have Michelle Pfeiffer's gorgeous eyebrows, but I do the best I can lol.
I had gotten sick one time, to the point I had to go to the hospital, and what was I upset about? That I was too tired and in pain to tend to my eyebrows :LOL: