Salvation is a Free Gift.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
You are not understanding the Gospel being preached and heard.

Are you even saved and full of the Holy Spirit?
Is that a canned reply you use? I believe you said the exact same thing to me yesterday too.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
That's because you must present truth to begin with and you are presenting it to collate your personal doctrine which has no truth in it.

You are basically calling the example in Acts a liar when it is proof how it actually works and tells you that your verses need to match it. Not the other way around.

44 While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word.

Notice, the Holy Spirit fell upon those WHILE they heard not before!

I was in your shoes until I was 79 years old, relying upon my own understanding (Prov 3:5), until I denied myself, which allowed the Holy Spirit within me, to began revealing some truths to me.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
really? Cannot anyone do that from the pew from within them their heart or even at home or anywhere? For I see the six gun holsters on the preachers. What???????????????????????????? no way?
Really yes way
the true worshipers worship God in God's Spirit and Truth, thank you Father.

Matthew 23:15
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Do we the people really think, that others do not use the Gospel for their own gain still even outside of the Church also? No flesh person can please God but Son's that did that on that cross once for everyone to believe he is risen for new life from Father to get given them
First reconciled ( 2 Cor 5:17-20), then belief to God in risen Son for them. Then continued belief (Col 1:21-23), no matter (Watch out for the leaven of the Pharisees) God is the one and only one to be safe in at least for me, thanks
What I said aligns with scripture.

44 While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word.

Peter is preaching and those who heard the Holy Spirit fell on them.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
I was in your shoes until I was 79 years old, relying upon my own understanding (Prov 3:5), until I denied myself, which allowed the Holy Spirit within me, to began revealing some truths to me.
My Calling in God is different from yours.

Never forget that!

It's a shame that you had such truth for almost 80 years and threw it away.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I was thinking about that yesterday, about how it gets complicated with all the pedantry and differing views and even things that are not Biblical being thrown into the mix, and people contradicting themselves, also... how it misses the simplicity that is in Christ. People saying things like, if you cannot read the Greek, you cannot understand the gospel. Man, that is just so wrong! Okay, back to the point: so you are saying that once we are made alive, the deal is sealed even though Scripture says we are sealed upon belief? I press into this point because it was sixteen years in between when some would say I was made alive and when I came to believe. This particular topic does interest me perhaps more than others, and I know it is not the same for everyone. Then again, some say spiritual things do not interest people who are not born again, and I disagree with that, also. I think lots of people are interested in spiritual things and pursue spiritual truths before coming to believe more fully in God and turning their will and their life over to Him. I was one of them...
there is Spiritual warfare, that many do not see, being of the flesh nature still, trying to make it here on earth physically. Glad you see this truth now and are learning too, as I am daily learning and forgetting and learning from each and all my mistakes. Then I have my resetter, where I have a thorn in my side as Pul talked of too in 2 Cor 12:7-10, I see that now, I am perplexed, yet see it yet do not, yet do not ever, wanting not or desiring not to ever take grace ever for granted ever.
As it feels, I do, yet no I am not, as God knows truth over error.
So I got a taste, to see to not ever, ever sin again ever. I got proud and out of this world over others, as if better, no thank you now after seeing this below, his me deeply

Luke 18:9-14

King James Version

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Your views of God do not match the Bible only your doctrine so it's a logical question to ask.
Oh contraire. My views exactly match the Bible if/when you understand that Christ, as Saviour, is its foundation and apex with no
room for an individual's contribution to it.
Could anything be more biblical than that?

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Oh contraire. My views exactly match the Bible if/when you understand that Christ, as Saviour, is its foundation and apex with no
room for an individual's contribution to it.
Could anything be more biblical than that?
Did God FORCE YOU to be Saved?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
there is Spiritual warfare, that many do not see, being of the flesh nature still, trying to make it here on earth physically. Glad you see this truth now and are learning too, as I am daily learning and forgetting and learning from each and all my mistakes. Then I have my resetter, where I have a thorn in my side as Pul talked of too in 2 Cor 12:7-10, I see that now, I am perplexed, yet see it yet do not, yet do not ever, wanting not or desiring not to ever take grace ever for granted ever.
As it feels, I do, yet no I am not, as God knows truth over error.
So I got a taste, to see to not ever, ever sin again ever. I got proud and out of this world
over others, as if better, no thank you now after seeing this below, his me deeply
I wonder if being made alive is different than being born again, and if having one's heart circumcised
guarantees that one will attain to life ever after. Some say yes, which is why I wonder. Some say you
cannot hear or experience God if you are not born again, but I had multiple encounters over many years
that spanned into decades before laying down my opposition to God and surrendering my will and my
life to Him. Also, it is the Holy Spirit of God that convicts the world of sin. Surely they experience that
before they are made alive, before coming to believe, before being born again?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
You are rejecting 1 Cor 2:14 as being part of God's inspired word. and are not realizing that only those that have been born spiritually can see spiritual things, not the natural man, who cannot receive spiritual things, thinking them to be foolishness.
No I'm not. I was merely simplify. How could you possibly know what I was and was not realizing in that moment?

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Does anyone claim GOD forced them to be saved in this thread?
God just did it when you said NO?

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
I was spiritually dead in sin yet while in that state, He gave to me spiritual life. One has to be
alive in order to be forced. I was dead.
When you heard the Gospel and the Holy Spirit fell on you, did you stop the process of being saved or continue with it?

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
When you heard the Gospel and the Holy Spirit fell on you, did you stop the process of being saved or continue with it?
When someone is made born again, they are indwelled by the Holy Spirit.
Since I didn't cause myself to become saved nor born again, I wasn't aware of when either occurred, only of their results.