Salvation is a Free Gift.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
My apologies again for belaboring this and thank you for hashing it out with me ... what you are saying is that the heart circumcision happens at the time of belief, whereas I believe the heart circumcision is what allows us to come to believe.
as in predestination? IMG_6012.gif

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Right. Because everyone thinks they’re right.
No doubt most have fairly good reasons for believing what they do, but that doesn't mean they are right... Nor does having a good reason mean that they express it well.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes. Just like I'm sure you contradicted yourself but refused to own up to it when I was asking you for clarification on your position regarding chosen/election and belief... instead you spoke to me as if I didn't understand the gospel.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Yes. Just like I'm sure you contradicted yourself but refused to own up to it when I was asking you for clarification on your position regarding chosen/election and belief... instead you spoke to me as if I didn't understand the gospel.
Nah. I didn’t do no such thing. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
No doubt most have fairly good reasons for believing what they do, but that doesn't mean they are right... Nor does having a good reason mean that they express it well.
You expressed your thoughts quite well on this. :)

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Tee-hee. The problem is that everyone believes they know the truth. View attachment 263660
This is true but in this case Magenta was telling our new member here some facts about the English language and i guess he didn't like that.
Even I, who speak English as a second language know these facts about the English language. :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Nah. I didn’t do no such thing. :)
Sure you did. You claimed that those who are chosen will come to believe and those who are not chosen can also choose to believe as well. Then you said that chosen equals elect and anybody who is a believer is elect. It's classic contradiction and denial.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Sure you did. You claimed that those who are chosen will come to believe and those who are not chosen can also choose to believe as well. Then you said that chosen equals elect and anybody who is a believer is elect. It's classic contradiction and denial.
That’s what I said and I’m sticking to it.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
He saved me. What's your point?
That this salvation was contrary to your free will. Obviously. No choice was made, no choice was even possible!
This is the doctrine that this hypercalvinistic nuttery proclaims. Utterly unbiblical.

Here is something for you to consider:
In the context of the Jewish wedding ritual, the bride is OFFERED the cup of betrothal. She may refuse if she so wills it.
This poignant type is repeated and amplified to the maximum degree (intentionally of course) in the NT. At the last Passover, the cup of betrothal was OFFERED to the Apostles in exactly the same way. And was received of their own free will.

Just to let you know, the "last supper" (so called) was in fact the NT covenant of marriage to the Church.

Oh and another thing: Adam and Eve made the RIGHT CHOICE of salvation......after the fall.

We fallen sons of Adam make the exact same confession, plea for mercy, and engender the same trust and faith that they did.
And receive the exact same measure of mercy that they did:
redemption/salvation/newness of life/eternal life/fellowship with God.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
@Magenta
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

- Ephesians 1:3-14 (KJV)

selahsays

May 31, 2023
@Magenta

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

- 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 (KJV)