Salvation is a Free Gift.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Thanking the Lord of Lords for us the people to stand in belief to what is done for us by Son Jesus to us, Amazing Grace this is, as John Newton who wrote that song after getting saved by God and stopped his slave trading business he had been doing priorly
God simply loves us all, this ti me is deeper than the Mississippi River
Wider and higher also. As I trust my Father in risen Son to reveal as Father decides to reveal to sort out the truth in his love for us all, proven in risen Son to me, thanks friend in the risen Son
We can now confidently, enter God's courts with thanksgiving and praise (Psalms 100:4) and see wha t is done by Son for us (Psalms 103:12)
And then me asking God this? How far is the East from the West?
I see this, it is ongoing forever is it not?
Amazing, amazing, amazing
Wow, woe is me
Isaiah 6:1-7
Amen it’s important to believe Jesus died for our sins and rose up but the ot is trying to tell us something about what God actually says to his people his word as well and the importance of nOt parting from what he really said

“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

remember when he said this to them

“For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭30:11-12, 14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

every year a high priest called all the people together and read aloud the entire book of Moses law they heard his words of life and death but they didn’t accept them and they rejected his word of life and chose the ways he warned them of death and cursing

The ot is meant to teach us things like God won’t always put up with rebellion and he’s never going to come bind us and force us to repent and obey him but his words are always calling to us from the gospel at any time we can repent and believe him through Christ we can be different than those who constantly rejected him we can learn to live by and draw our breath from his word

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
No, it is not rejectable - it is eternal.

John 12:48
The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

Hebrews 10:26
For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Yes I do believe God loves everyone including me I just don’t use that to then reject his words that promise life and warn of death like the people on the ot did

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
John 12:48
The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

Hebrews 10:26
For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Those who do so aren't of those who have been saved, born again. It is impossible for the saved to do so because they are kept by God.
BTW, the sins in view aren't earthly carnal sins, but spiritual sins against Christ.

[1Pe 1:4-5 KJV]
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Those who do so aren't of those who have been saved, born again. It is impossible for the saved to do so because they are kept by God.
BTW, the sins in view aren't earthly carnal sins, but spiritual sins against Christ.

[1Pe 1:4-5 KJV]
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:19-

“For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:5-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
No, I am not attempting to say anything like that. Please don't assume I am.

What the word of God says

Christ died for the world and those who hear the preaching of the Gospel that is the POWER OF GOD can be saved. One can reject that call as the word says
Heb 2:3

How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
Yes, how can anyone escape, neglecting such a great salvation. I bet Judas after betraying Christ with that kiss. I see this, he repented, threw out the money received and killed himself, before Christ was crucified.

This, be what I now see in the Spirit prison that Judas got put in by Satan then, for repenting and not staying with evil as he saw he did do that. Evil, had the keys to Heaven and Hell then as the mighty Arc Angel, Satan, in charge then

Judas, now in Spirit prison, placed there by Evil, with all those others that would not give Satan homage either. Those that were waiting on the Messiah to free them.
Judas to me, I see from God to me, was there as a witness to Jesus as the Messiah, when Jesus was put there, not long after Judas was there, right before Jesus.
This being what I see and have no bible backing he got saved by God. Yet for whatever reason, I see Judas saved by God for repenting and being a witness there in Spirit prison then. As the Bible states there must be at least two witnesses. There was right then and there Jesus and Judas as witnesses to God Father, Jesus being the Messiah as he had stated he is.
Then the resurrection on that third day as predicted, happened as Matthew states

Matthew 27:52

Authorized (King James) Version

52 and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Thankfulness to God Father for us the people to see to choose God over this world we are in and get caught up in. I know the that in past happened to me too. God is good all the time as good is God all the time'

Psalm 100:4

4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,
and into his courts with praise:
be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Psalm 103:12

12 As far as the east is from the west,
so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
thanking God continuously, willingly and ready to learn new daily as God now sees me in belief to see his love and mercy for me and all others too

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:19-

“For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:5-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬
yes, but those are the representations of spiritual sin. All of us at one time or another are guilty of at least some of those in the carnal sense, but do not lose salvation as a result. Nevertheless, those saved have had even those spiritual sins forgiven by God to the uttermost when they become saved, and thereby, do no longer commit them.

[Gal 5:17-19 KJV]
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
Amen!

The 3,000 Peter preached to in Acts 2 Accepted it.
In Acts 7 those who heard Stephen stopped their ears which means to Reject it.
So it's definitely up to the HEARER to accept or reject!
So are you saying the price is acceptance? This makes salvation dependent on us correct?
I'm not saying we don't have a choice, or we don't have to accept t all. I'm really just trying to dig a little deeper here. Is this what our salvation is dependent on, or is this just a small piece in the gift God has given us by grace.

Here's a question. Who gets the credit for that choice you made? Was it you who "got there", our does the credit belong to Jesus for "putting you" there? I know the Bible says it's a gift of God so we have nothing to boast about, but if it takes me making the right choice, then I have something to brag about. Don't I?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
yes, but those are the representations of spiritual sin. All of us at one time or another are guilty of at least some of those in the carnal sense, but do not lose salvation as a result. Nevertheless, those saved have had even those sins forgiven by God to the uttermost when they become saved, and thereby, do no longer commit them.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Spiritual sin ?

“All of us at one time or another are guilty of at least some of those in the carnal sense,

what do you think salvation is ?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Amen it’s important to believe Jesus died for our sins and rose up but the ot is trying to tell us something about what God actually says to his people his word as well and the importance of nOt parting from what he really said

“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

remember when he said this to them

“For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭30:11-12, 14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

every year a high priest called all the people together and read aloud the entire book of Moses law they heard his words of life and death but they didn’t accept them and they rejected his word of life and chose the ways he warned them of death and cursing

The ot is meant to teach us things like God won’t always put up with rebellion and he’s never going to come bind us and force us to repent and obey him but his words are always calling to us from the gospel at any time we can repent and believe him through Christ we can be different than those who constantly rejected him we can learn to live by and draw our breath from his word
God, I see was merciful to people, the only two then talked of then Adam and Eve that ate from that tree, that God said "if you eat" from that tree of knowledge of good and evil, you will surely die.

They, both ate from it and did not die, not right away, eventually yes. God did not kill them. God does not kill anyone. God warns, beware, you are killing yourselves in your own decisions of being gods of your own choices. As he told Cane this also

Then God places the Law, the perfect Law, that has been misinterpreted and not seen the truth of the Law, Spiritual truth as is revealed today by God through Son as now risen for us to be new. As was asked, what is the greatest of Law? Love, God's Love as in stated in 1 Cor 13:4-7 now.

Then the Son Jesus as the Messiah shows up on the earth scene and says to us to believe in his Father, that he stood in belief to do as led to do. All the way to willing death he went, to save us the people, where we see the truth he took all sin that brought death out of the way, as this got placed on him on that cross, for us the people to be reconciled, forgiven (2 Cor 5:17-20) by God his Father. We are forgiven, reconciled.
Time to be thankful and ask how to now walk new in the risen Son for us, thanks

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
So are you saying the price is acceptance? This makes salvation dependent on us correct?
I'm not saying we don't have a choice, or we don't have to accept t all. I'm really just trying to dig a little deeper here. Is this what our salvation is dependent on, or is this just a small piece in the gift God has given us by grace.

Here's a question. Who gets the credit for that choice you made? Was it you who "got there", our does the credit belong to Jesus for "putting you" there? I know the Bible says it's a gift of God so we have nothing to boast about, but if it takes me making the right choice, then I have something to brag about. Don't I?
“God has given us by grace. “

this grace ?

“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.”
‭‭Titus‬ ‭2:11-14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

( read some of Jesus teachings and see if that’s what the gospel teaches us )

Or this grace

“For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.”
‭‭Jude‬ ‭1:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

which means we can deny the lord word and still have this grace

Do you see how when we’re saying “ I’m saved by grace it doesn’t matter what I do “ then we’re actually rejecting Gods grace that is teaching us to repent and live upright lives in this world and how grace leads us to actually become zealous of doing good works ?

people in the grace of God are those in the doctrine of Christ

“And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:16-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

thin is lGods grace that has appeared to all men for salvation ot includes the teachings that change us

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paul’s “ gospel of grace “ is a reference to the gospel of the kingdom

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021

I think jesus gave us the perfect example in John 3.

John 3: . 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If we go back to what Moses did, The children of Israel were walking through serpents. getting bit and these bites resulted in death. Anyone who was bit was literally giving a death sentence.

God had Moses lift this bronze serpent on a pole. and told everyone who was bit, If you look to the serpent, you will not die. you will live, if you do not, you will die.

I guess you could say those who looked technically saved themselves. but did they? Or was it God who saved them? They just placed their trust in God to do what God promised.

in the same token, We are dead. because of the bite of sin. God raised up his son.. and promised that if we trust him, look to his son, and we will live. Deny him and refuse to look, you will die.

I guess technically you could say they too saved themselves by trusting God. But did they? Or did they just in faith look to God to do what God promised he would do.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
God, I see was merciful to people, the only two then talked of then Adam and Eve that ate from that tree, that God said "if you eat" from that tree of knowledge of good and evil, you will surely die.

They, both ate from it and did not die, not right away, eventually yes. God did not kill them. God does not kill anyone. God warns, beware, you are killing yourselves in your own decisions of being gods of your own choices. As he told Cane this also

Then God places the Law, the perfect Law, that has been misinterpreted and not seen the truth of the Law, Spiritual truth as is revealed today by God through Son as now risen for us to be new. As was asked, what is the greatest of Law? Love, God's Love as in stated in 1 Cor 13:4-7 now.

Then the Son Jesus as the Messiah shows up on the earth scene and says to us to believe in his Father, that he stood in belief to do as led to do. All the way to willing death he went, to save us the people, where we see the truth he took all sin that brought death out of the way, as this got placed on him on that cross, for us the people to be reconciled, forgiven (2 Cor 5:17-20) by God his Father. We are forgiven, reconciled.
“God, I see was merciful to people, the only two then talked of then Adam and Eve that ate from that tree, that God said "if you eat" from that tree of knowledge of good and evil, you will surely die.

They, both ate from it and did not die, not right away, eventually yes”

of course God is merciful . He said this

“but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭2:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

thats not a threat to kill them it’s a father telling them something that will keep them safe

remember this

“But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”

“and all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭5:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

what God said is always going to happen as he said it but we don’t always understand it the same a day to us we s just a day one revolution around the sun God isn’t operating by our mind and perception within time.

It is impossible for Gods word to be wrong to lie or not come to pass it’s why we can rely on every word that proceeds from his mouth the mouth of the lord Jesus Christ

“that by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭6:18‬ ‭

she wqs never speaking to Adam as a threat but as a loving father preparing his son to be kept safe from danger any good father will teach thier children of dangers look how he created him , blessed him , chose him , gave him the earth to rule and inhabit then he put him in Eden to fellowship with him then finally he says “ you are free but you must not eat of this particular knowledge of good and evil or you will surely die

its not a threat to kill it’s a word to keep them safe but they rejected it and believes the devil instead

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
yes, but those are the representations of spiritual sin. All of us at one time or another are guilty of at least some of those in the carnal sense, but do not lose salvation as a result. Nevertheless, those saved have had even those spiritual sins forgiven by God to the uttermost when they become saved, and thereby, do no longer commit them.

Learn to no longer, as I'm in process learning g daily new and being new in humility t.
I once asked God this, Why are you being so kind to me, I continue in sins I know you must see it too?

God replied, "My kindness is meant to lead you to repentance" I wondered what true repentance was then?
I heard you believe me, in my Son for you do you not. I replied yes, then But

God replied, I took all sin away for you and all others too, in my Son form you to now by Faith walk new

1 John 2:1-12

2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. 3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning. 8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth. 9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. 10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. 11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake.

I say in reply, Thank You to God and see to not try to do, what god by Son has done for me now to simply love all as
God has done form day one of the fall

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021

They did nto die physically you are correct.

but they did die.. the same death we all suffer. and hence why they too needed to be born again

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
They did nto die physically you are correct.

but they did die.. the same death we all suffer. and hence why they too needed to be born again
God by Son for us, sent Son to save us all, our Soul's, for us all to have equal opportunity to be saved by God in belief to God by Son who is risen as proof to me at least. That be where the new life is at for me at least, this I now see Spiritually by God's Spirit given me, free of charge, I accept, and have been learning truth ever since over many errors that have gotten me distracted in past, seeing God never leaving me or forsaking me ever as I have seen people do, as well as me too have in past, done that wrong too. I am thankful to God deeply for not ever leaving me or forsaking me and everyone else also. That be what has changed me and changing me