Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
11127607_10153339810062755_4569434998568301995_n.jpg

I just saw this and I LOVE it. When we begin to have the mind and heart of Jesus, we should look for someone who also has the mind and heart of Jesus, because this sort of love between two believers with the mind and heart of Jesus is unbreakable. My grandparents on my mom's side were such a great example of that. They didn't fight like cats and dogs in front of their kids, they would pray together...they had the kind of love that when you saw them in the store or at a restaurant, their love for Jesus and each other almost physically shined off of them. They spoke with grace and kindness, and if they were angry towards one another, they resolved it before the night was over. Even though they experienced many heartbreaks before they went to be with the Lord, they were the most joyful people you'd ever meet, and it was downright contagious.

And THAT is the kind of love I hope to have someday.

Immawildthing

Jan 20, 2013
I went into false labor last night... Scariest thing I've ever endured. I'm not sure I could handle seeing my little boy hooked up to tubes, and random crap. Not being able to hold him or feed him. That would just kill me. I'm so glad that Father in Heaven was able to convince him to stay a little longer and grow a little stronger. I know he's excited to see the world, but I don't want him to be too fast. Just 2 more months, and he'll be ready.

Apr 15, 2014
WOW am I out of 'baking shape'. I haven't baked like today in FOUR months. I love it, just about everything worked (except a thing I am bringing for a treat at my bible study. It tastes good, but looks a bit weird. Eh, your mouth doesn't know what something looks like.

Love still though. LOVE it.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
New thread mashup:

Tell your member crush here - just so you know...

B

blueorchidjd

the cheesecake is probably pretty good though I take it, lol :)
WOW am I out of 'baking shape'. I haven't baked like today in FOUR months. I love it, just about everything worked (except a thing I am bringing for a treat at my bible study. It tastes good, but looks a bit weird. Eh, your mouth doesn't know what something looks like.

Love still though. LOVE it.

B

blueorchidjd

Rule #1:
No one gets out of this world alive.

Rule #2:
If you are not always 100% correct, you can still be 90% right and that 10% God will deal with or vice versa
He will take care of it all 100% and you will still make your way- his way I mean. the narrow path! :D

Rule #3:
Even when you are doing right, you know your rights
People will alienate you because they are a part of the spiritual realm
It has nothing to do with them.

Rule #4:
Everything may go right when everything is going right, I mean turtle.

Rule #5:
Stretch your sea-legs, get that blood flowing so your commute won't be.

Rule #6:
Sometimes you have to go over people's heads.
Like a plane.
Preferably one with wings, because if they don't have those it would be very difficult to fly.

Rule #7:
Unless it is remote-controlled.
Then you can be a little more specific.

Immawildthing

Jan 20, 2013
My hubby took me to a new grocery store today. I went to look for coconut flour, so I can attempt, yet again, to make bread. But... I found something even better. I found bread, already made, that I can eat! I cannot explain how excited it made me, to see bread like that, on a store shelf. Rice flour, gluten free, no yeast, the whole shebang... Yes, I almost danced in the middle of the store...

U

Ugly

So... cause of a couple things that happened recently i'm really hurt and pissed off and frustrated and i really don't know what to do. I've been stressed and depressed for 2 days. I'm worn out all the time. I keep wanting to eat, no matter how much i eat. I have TMJ, so when i'm tense i clench my jaws and flares my TMJ up, so since i've been so tense my jaws keep tightening and i can't stop, and now my face hurts. My head is full of pressure constantly and having headaches. I've felt some anxiety return.
I'm just so tired. Tired of God. Tired of helping.. caring. Tired of people. I'm sitting here now and there's no one to turn to. All i have to do is just sit and wallow and be alone. Tired of things working against me more than for me. Tired of not having hope, and the occasional times i muster up any hope it just gets squashed and rubbed in my face.

And no, i'm not thinking of killing myself, as some of the veteran users may wonder.

And no, i honestly don't care if you, or anyone you've known, has felt like this too. You telling me how you have gone through this and God pulled you out is of zero help to me. So spare me the sermon.

so tired

W

wwjd_kilden

*puts a blanket over ugly's shoulders, leaves a cup of tea and runs away*

S

Siberian_Khatru

All i have to do is just sit and wallow and be alone.
Being alone is not so bad, but I digress. I wish I or someone else here could help, Ugly. This is as good a place as any to vent, I suppose, but you're welcome to PM if you think that will help at all (and I'm glad you're not suicidal).

And no, i honestly don't care if you, or anyone you've known, has felt like this too. You telling me how you have gone through this and God pulled you out is of zero help to me. So spare me the sermon.
People sometimes share similar experiences because they believe it will either help give perspective or because they just want to talk about themselves, but either way, we often relate to weakness. If someone shares something with you, I hope you take it as a good natured thing as you've tried to be in giving others advice here, and not as a "sermon."

For whatever it's worth, I'll be praying for ya.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
gypsy's schemes can be dangerous.

Good thing she's not a supervillian...

...or IS she???
Harley Quinn ain't got nuttin' on our gypsy!

(I'd personally love to see her give the Joker the heave-ho...)

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
i could totally go for a nap right now.

for the real.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
My lower back has been hurting for about 4 days now...it might be time to call my chiropractor. -_- Hoping it's going to put itself back into place is obviously not working.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I probably shouldn't say this but I'm going to, there are some bobble head's in the Bible Discussion forum that make me not likE Christianity. If they're our spokes people we are doomed.

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
I probably shouldn't say this but I'm going to, there are some bobble head's in the Bible Discussion forum that make me not like Christianity. If they're our spokes people we are doomed.

There are TONS of Christians that make me not like Christianity. The only thing that caused me to get saved was an angel and a miracle. That's it. Basing my walk and my faith on what I saw Christians do was a big reason I got into witchcraft.

Unfortunately Fenner, they may not be our official spokes people, but they're the one's who are the loudest, they're the squeakiest wheel. Therefore, they get the most attention. Humans are voyeurs. We love to watch and pay attention- especially to things that will destroy us or someone else. So the world pays attention to the nasty, doctrinally crazy, cultist, fringe speaking, demons stole my private jet so I need a new one (Creflo Dollar), types of Christians.

Oh, and by the way, the Creflo Dollar thing is true. He wants a new jet, a new 69 million dollar jet. His congregation didn't give him enough money for it, so apparently demons helped him out and stole his old one. And he refuses to fly commercial. Read the article to find out about the spaceship. I'm a writer, and I think I'm a decent storyteller. But Creflo Dollar has me beat. Creflo Dollar: Demons Stole My Private Jet - The Daily Beast

S

Siberian_Khatru

My lower back has been hurting for about 4 days now...it might be time to call my chiropractor. -_- Hoping it's going to put itself back into place is obviously not working.
What's up with your back? Someone mentioned to me recently that popping chiros only offer temporary relief (the "popping" supposedly triggers the release of endorphin but does not actually offer long term adjustment). She said adjusters work much better and actually address spine and neck issues for the long haul. Maybe that's something you could look into.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
What's up with your back? Someone mentioned to me recently that popping chiros only offer temporary relief (the "popping" supposedly triggers the release of endorphin but does not actually offer long term adjustment). She said adjusters work much better and actually address spine and neck issues for the long haul. Maybe that's something you could look into.
I think I'll be fine. :) It's very rare when I have back issues like this, and I've been going to my chiropractor since I was 13 and before I went to him my mom and sister went to him, and before that we went to his brother before he passed away. (That was a tragedy. It was supposed to be a simple surgery. He had a severe allergic reaction to the anesthesia. =\ I'm just glad he knew the Lord, and his brother knows the Lord, too.)

S

Siberian_Khatru

I've been going to my chiropractor since I was 13(...)
See?? That should tell you something. :p

But very cool to hear his brother knew the lord. My mom also had an allergic reaction to the anesthesia used during her thyroid surgery. Scared us out of our skin when we heard she nearly choked while under. Hopefully your back feels better soon. :)