Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Hey how you doin lilchristian. Been prayin your doin good lil gal. ;)
Ha, thank you! I'm okay. Emotions have been pretty high in my house. So that's stressful. But there's also some great things happening, too. So I can't complain too much.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I tapped into my girly side and bought a gold glittery pair of TOMS on good ol' Amazon. I couldn't find them ANYWHERE else. Was so happy to find them and in my size.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Is it okay if it's animated? In that case, 5cm per Second, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and many others I could suggest.

If not, Like dogs? Hachi, Marley and Me, or where the Red Fern Grows.

I can suggest others... What's your preference?
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time wasn't sad. Trippy, overemotional in that special anime fashion, rather illogical in some of its premises about time paradoxes, but not sad.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
And never watch Hachi if you're prone to depression. I made the mistake of watching it and there's still some days where if I think about it...uggh, it tears me apart inside. Even though it was just a movie, it was based off of a true story.

gypsygirl

Sep 19, 2012
i love.love.love hachi, but i haven't been able to watch it since i put my akita to sleep, who was a hachi-lookalike and just made me think so much of her. i miss my missmya.

missmyabw.png

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
Hachi is a good, but sad, movie. Every dog owner should watch it at least once.

Toms are shoes? :eek: women, come up with your own names for shoes and stop copying musical instruments. What's next? Shoes called cymbals and hi-hat? :p

Okay.. I get it.. It was a poor joke, but I couldn't help it.

C

cmarieh

I'm going on a date Saturday.

So there's that.
Congratulations! Is he cute?:eek: No, you don't have to really answer that, I was just being obnoxious, but as Tintin said be yourself and have fun

C

cmarieh

TOMS are a brand of shoe, and you usually see people wear their slip-on shoes which can look like this:
Hachi is a good, but sad, movie. Every dog owner should watch it at least once.

Toms are shoes? :eek: women, come up with your own names for shoes and stop copying musical instruments. What's next? Shoes called cymbals and hi-hat? :p

Okay.. I get it.. It was a poor joke, but I couldn't help it.
I can't believe I didn't know that:confused: Gee whiz, that is what some people are talking about at school, I thought they were talking about a cat:confused: Oops!

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Plague Dogs. Now that's a terribly sad movie. It's along the lines of Watership Down, but even more intense. The movie may have been censored in countries other than Australia.
Sad and disturbing, man. I've seen both of those, but you should know... they're actually on the Top Ten List of 'Movies that will traumatize your kids'. Sadly, being as large a movie buff as I am...I'd seen them all...

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time wasn't sad. Trippy, overemotional in that special anime fashion, rather illogical in some of its premises about time paradoxes, but not sad.
Hm... perhaps you're right. I suppose it depends upon the lenses in which we view things, but I will count that as one incorrect recommendation. Ugh! That now puts me up to 3 within my career!! How can I replace Ebert now?? Y-Y

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I was about to complain to my friend that I was working hard for 3 hours straight. Then she mentioned she's doing a 10 hour shift tonight.

​WHEEZE

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
My place is often by my mother on the couch when we're watching tv, and she has a tendency to sit up and fall asleep. I always feel horrible because I have this constant temptation to just go

OH MY GOSH

very abruptly and loudly

T

Tintin

Hm... perhaps you're right. I suppose it depends upon the lenses in which we view things, but I will count that as one incorrect recommendation. Ugh! That now puts me up to 3 within my career!! How can I replace Ebert now?? Y-Y
I much preferred Summer Wars, but the other two movies were still good. I just don't have an affinity for them.

T

Tintin

Sad and disturbing, man. I've seen both of those, but you should know... they're actually on the Top Ten List of 'Movies that will traumatize your kids'. Sadly, being as large a movie buff as I am...I'd seen them all...
I watched Plague Dogs in my mid-20s and it disturbed me to the core. I think it would traumatize not just kids, but most people. The only other media that have ever left such a dark impression on me were all anime - Devil Man, 3X3 Eyes (as a teen, I'm not sure why I watched them) and the psychologically disturbing and heavily flawed, but very interesting series Neon Genesis Evangelion, which I watched in my early 20s. That last one left me in a funk for days. It just wasn't worth it. But Plague Dogs is a very different beast and well-worth watching, just once.

C

Catlynn

I saw a hilarious meme that said, "it's been raining in Texas since Blue Bell closed because God is crying." Lol but for real....sooo much rain.