Jesus Was Made Perfect?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 18, 2023
Wow . . . you are a very deep individual. :D

I have actually been writing about the Story of God in a timeline, chronological order (so thankful the Lord showed me this Way), and it is an incredible thing to see (in my mind) the Story of God in something like a picture. It is as if I can see their history in my mind, kind of like self-reflection where we get something like a picture of ourselves (within our own minds).

Putting it all together in one moment . . . I cannot fathom this! :D
yes lol it's something worth dwelling on haha

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
It just struck me deep . . . what if Jesus had disobeyed? He couldn't have become the Perfect High Priest. This proves to us that He is, indeed, our Perfect High Priest.
it is not possible He could do anything but what is perfect

we were never in any danger :)

before the foundation of the world, friend

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Scripture doesn't represent one point of time, its impossible to fit it all together.

I see it time and time again.

Im being asked to piece a scripture togeather 2000 years apart that was spoke in different light.

For instance the bible Quotes people in a way to reason with people who haven't accepted the previous reason. So the previous reason is not lost but missed.

Its like tryin to work out free will.

Is it only the madness of free will that thinks it could piece the whole book together.
that the whole book fits together with such deep complexity in every place over so many thousands of years is evidence that only God could author it.

when you begin to understand every page is speaking of Christ you see that no other book on earth is like this

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Scripture doesn't represent one point of time, its impossible to fit it all together.
the Word is living and active, piercing and sharp - cutting even soul from spirit

and this is every moment you read it. it occupies one moment, "now" - but we as humans have no "now" - we only have a past and future. everything you experience happened a moment ago before you sense it. only God truly comprehends "now" - an eternal time, outside of time, always existing outside of the boundaries of time. only God is outside of time. He alone hath immorality - though we are in His image, eternally existing souls.

we will be changed, we will be like Him, one day we will also see this.

He declared another day, calling it "Today" if we will hear His voice :)

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
I agree with this. Jesus’ ”perfection” in this context is not referring merely to his sinlessness as if he were imperfect beforehand. He was always perfect. However, he became the perfect intercessior and sacrifice as a result of his obedience. Because Jesus was a man, like us, his obedience and willingness to submit to the Father’s will enabled him to be the perfect high priest that was required. The context of Hebrews shows that previous high priests not only sacrificed for the sins of the people, but also their own sins. Yet Jesus was made perfect as a result of his enduring trials and temptations as we do, yet overcame those temptations. Thus, we know that in whatever ways we fail, Christ did not. Therefore, he can intercede on our behalf because he has endured what we endure, yet remained obedient.
Yes! There had to be a witness, in the earth, of His perfection.

Dec 18, 2023
the Word is living and active, piercing and sharp - cutting even soul from spirit

and this is every moment you read it. it occupies one moment, "now" - but we as humans have no "now" - we only have a past and future. everything you experience happened a moment ago before you sense it. only God truly comprehends "now" - an eternal time, outside of time, always existing outside of the boundaries of time. only God is outside of time. He alone hath immorality - though we are in His image, eternally existing souls.

we will be changed, we will be like Him, one day we will also see this.

He declared another day, calling it "Today" if we will hear His voice :)
It's quite amazing really 😊

Perfection was already there then from when.

When he says I am the beginning and the end.

He must be in the middle of time it's self surely not.
So is he not in one moment of time forever.

Time it's self must be standing still For God,

He must be holding on to all time surely.

But also he must be seeing light into the past and the future.

Whilst being in one moment, how can we even comprehend this, as it must be so as he's everlasting father wonderful counselor.

To be ever lasting means God's is also time himself.

Sending light jewels and life into past and future.

It has to be surely not.

But also he's not just holding onto all light past and future of all everlasting time he's holding on to all wisdom in that time

So his spirit must be in all the energy and light and darkness that is everywhere past and future,
.I wonder about the darkness in genesis 1

Is he talking about the reflection of his light but it's still his light.

Is he talking about the onyx,

Chaps

Apr 3, 2024
California

Whilst being in one moment, how can we even comprehend this, as it must be so as he's everlasting father wonderful counselor.

It has to be surely not.

But also he's not just holding onto all light past and future of all everlasting time he's holding on to all wisdom in that time

So his spirit must be in all the energy and light and darkness that is everywhere past and future,

I dont agree that time stands still for God. This view is referred to as atemporalism or eternalism. The view suggests that God is stuck in an eternal present and that all his actions are simultaneous. I think the biblical rationale for this is shaky. I believe the Bible paints a picture of God who is personal, caring and involved in human affairs. All of God‘s actions in Scripture imply a temporal sequence (forgiveness, desiring repentance, answering prayer, issues warnings, plans to send a Redeemer). How could the Word become man, God made flesh, if God is always in a constant state of stasis? Also, how could God create the universe ex nihilo if, for God, there could never be a first moment of creation?

I agree that God is not subject to our timeline and stand above it. He is metatemporal. However, I do believe God exists in time. This is not to say that God is subject to time, but that time is part of God’s essence. Thus, there is a created time and an uncreated time. God exists in uncreated time, whereas we exist in created time.

Chaps

Apr 3, 2024
California

It has to be surely not.

This is an interesting topic. I have created a new thread entitled “God and Time” that should post soon. I would be happy to engage in this topic with you more there so as not to derail this conversation.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I dont agree that time stands still for God. This view is referred to as atemporalism or eternalism. The view suggests that God is stuck in an eternal present and that all his actions are simultaneous. I think the biblical rationale for this is shaky. I believe the Bible paints a picture of God who is personal, caring and involved in human affairs. All of God‘s actions in Scripture imply a temporal sequence (forgiveness, desiring repentance, answering prayer, issues warnings, plans to send a Redeemer). How could the Word become man, God made flesh, if God is always in a constant state of stasis? Also, how could God create the universe ex nihilo if, for God, there could never be a first moment of creation?

I agree that God is not subject to our timeline and stand above it. He is metatemporal. However, I do believe God exists in time. This is not to say that God is subject to time, but that time is part of God’s essence. Thus, there is a created time and an uncreated time. God exists in uncreated time, whereas we exist in created time.
Throughout Scripture we read of the Lord having Plans. The word plan in itself requires time to be accomplished. Then there are the dozens of recountings, by God Himself, of the things He had done in the past. Furthermore, the Scroll of the Lord revolves around God calling out an order, and the Spirit making it happen. This Heavenly Scroll outlines what is to take place, thus determining what is to come.

Blah . . . what do I know. I've never heard of this concept before.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
This is an interesting topic. I have created a new thread entitled “God and Time” that should post soon. I would be happy to engage in this topic with you more there so as not to derail this conversation.
No worries! Speak about whatever you like. :) As long as Christians are kind and gentle with each other, that's all I ask. :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Throughout Scripture we read of the Lord having Plans. The word plan in itself requires time to be accomplished. Then there are the dozens of recountings, by God Himself, of the things He had done in the past. Furthermore, the Scroll of the Lord revolves around God calling out an order, and the Spirit making it happen. This Heavenly Scroll outlines what is to take place, thus determining what is to come.

Blah . . . what do I know. I've never heard of this concept before.
But He speaks of the future as though it is already past, and nothing He intends can fail to come to pass. So when He speaks of 'plans' is this kind of language for Himself or for those of us who hear it?

as when He asks Adam where he is, in the garden, and Satan where he has been in the assembly of angels before the throne, and asks Peter if he loves Him - not because God doesn't know, but because humans and angels, creatures created in time, must hear and learn from both the question and the answer.

does time exist for God or for us?
which of us needs it?

Dec 18, 2023
But He speaks of the future as though it is already past, and nothing He intends can fail to come to pass. So when He speaks of 'plans' is this kind of language for Himself or for those of us who hear it?

as when He asks Adam where he is, in the garden, and Satan where he has been in the assembly of angels before the throne, and asks Peter if he loves Him - not because God doesn't know, but because humans and angels, creatures created in time, must hear and learn from both the question and the answer.

does time exist for God or for us?
which of us needs it?
I understand where your point of view is.

That when I say he doesn't know something what im saying unless he looks into time it's self he doesn't know.

Because he speaks about not wanting to know things where he says I will remember this or that no more 😊

Maybe it's so that God's main presence is in the heart of all light.

As he speaks of having a heart to.

So God being central to something seems to be there,

So For God his freedom could be in the place where he chooses not to remember, a place where Adam and eve where, perhaps it's a place of eternal tranquility.

God obvious does have his way here.

I just hope you can see it without thinking it doesn't question whether he is all knowing.

Dec 18, 2023
interesting 😊

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
it is not possible He could do anything but what is perfect

we were never in any danger :)

before the foundation of the world, friend
airs alright for us to look at and acknowledge the humanity of Jesus also

“saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow,”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭22:42-45‬ ‭

“Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; and being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭5:7-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And they came to a place which was named Gethsemane: and he saith to his disciples, Sit ye here, while I shall pray. And he taketh with him Peter and James and John, and began to be sore amazed, and to be very heavy; and saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch. And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him.

And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt. And again he went away, and prayed, and spake the same words.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭14:32-36, 39‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The man that God became had to be put in the same position as mankind in order to redeem them from it. He had to carry within himself man’s infirmity and weaknesses and overcome them never disobeying God not once in all his days did he succumb to temptation

of course Jesus wasn’t sitting around considering whether or not to sin or anything

abut also looking closely at the gospel we can see him being perfected by enduring through his sufferings even when he needed to be strengthened By the father because his flesh was weak he overcame it the same way that mankind can through turning to God the father in prayer and supplication and facing the temptations and trials of man he was victorious in every way

Jesus the man became the high priest through perfecting the flesh of mankind

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
That when I say he doesn't know something what im saying unless he looks into time it's self he doesn't know.
I might misunderstand what you mean above. How do you feel about the below remarkable and incredible Scriptures? This is stunning in concept. Hold onto your little britches!

Isaiah 34:15-17 NIV - 15 The owl will nest there and lay eggs, she will hatch them, and care for her young under the shadow of her wings; there also the falcons will gather, each with its mate. 16 Look in the scroll of the LORD and read: None of these will be missing, not one will lack her mate. For it is his mouth that has given the order, and his Spirit will gather them together. 17 He allots their portions; his hand distributes them by measure. They will possess it forever and dwell there from generation to generation."

People can disect the above Scriptures all they want, thinking that owls and falcons are symbolic, and they probably are, but to argue over such points is to miss completely, COMPLETELY, the point that God is making in His unbelievable Words.

There is a Scroll that outlines details of what is to come.

What is not debatable is that God calls the shots.
What is not debatable is that the Spirit completes the Work.
What is not debatable is that whatever is prewritten in this Scroll, is assured to happen.

The ultimate point? POWER.

God wants us to recognize and know His Power. For without this Understanding, there is no Hope.

Dec 18, 2023
I might misunderstand what you mean above. How do you feel about the below remarkable and incredible Scriptures? This is stunning in concept. Hold onto your little britches!

Isaiah 34:15-17 NIV - 15 The owl will nest there and lay eggs, she will hatch them, and care for her young under the shadow of her wings; there also the falcons will gather, each with its mate. 16 Look in the scroll of the LORD and read: None of these will be missing, not one will lack her mate. For it is his mouth that has given the order, and his Spirit will gather them together. 17 He allots their portions; his hand distributes them by measure. They will possess it forever and dwell there from generation to generation."

People can disect the above Scriptures all they want, thinking that owls and falcons are symbolic, and they probably are, but to argue over such points is to miss completely, COMPLETELY, the point that God is making in His unbelievable Words.

There is a Scroll that outlines details of what is to come.

What is not debatable is that God calls the shots.
What is not debatable is that the Spirit completes the Work.
What is not debatable is that whatever is prewritten in this Scroll, is assured to happen.

The ultimate point? POWER.

God wants us to recognize and know His Power. For without this Understanding, there is no Hope.
Very Good bro, can you see meaning that i applied here 😂

You know you brought uo at the very good scripture here and it was one that was spoke to me by my father and my early days.

Actually about age 7 years old

The message my father gave me was never ever in your lifetime take a bird's egg out of its nest in the wild.

Apr 27, 2024
Did you know baby Jesus spoke his first day out of the womb?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Very Good bro, can you see meaning that i applied here 😂

You know you brought uo at the very good scripture here and it was one that was spoke to me by my father and my early days.

Actually about age 7 years old

The message my father gave me was never ever in your lifetime take a bird's egg out of its nest in the wild.
WOW! That is amazing that your father taught you this passage. You had/have a cool father.